The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

172 posts Page 10 of 12
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mmmm @minsmum i love sweet n salt popcorn,could eat it til it came out of my ears! X

We saw "Exodus Gods and Kings" on Tuesday. Not a great film but not boring. Even funny in places. Good special effects, Peter Jackson has a lot to answer for! Rameses could have been a contender, and the evil Viceroy seemed to be channelling Lawrence of Arabia. An entertaining 2 1/2 hours worth.
We went to see Love Is Strange
I loved it ,Beau wasnt keen..he felt not enough happened
Actually loads is happening but in a quiet understated way..it was just Beau had eaten his lunch and half of mine and could barely keep awake!
Really well acted ..worth seeing x
Looking forward to watching Cake ( instead of looking forward to eating it as usual! :lol:
Still Alice looks good too.
Blimey, I'm so behind with films. I've not heard of that one (and I listen to Mark and Simon every week. My brain is terrible at the moment :( ) Glad you enjoyed it at least Candy!
Sounds as though your beau enjoyed his birthday. And you were very restrained...well done!
Is anyone watching Indian Summer at the moment? Saw it last night. Its really rather interesting. Doesn't show the Brits in a good light though.
I must go to the cinema soon. I was given some tickets for Christmas and was determined to go more often. I've only seen Whiplash. This is a must-see film. Go see it if you can!
My OH & I have discovered matinees at the cinema in Crawley that finish just in time for supper at the Italian restaurant next door! A good combination & fresh coffee to take in & a cup holder to put it in :grin:
We saw Kingsman last week & thoroughly enjoyed it. Rather like the early James Bond films with humour & over the top action.
Tomorrow we are going to see The theory of everything.
@isis that sounds lovely!
Think you' ll enjoy Theory of Everything xx
@nursebean yes go to the cinema soon..its good therapy,makes you forget all yr worries for a while and get immersed in a story xx
We have also noticed the Marigold Hotel sequel coming to Horsham soon that we will go & see. Unfortunately Horsham seem to have films on for a short time so we missed the Benedict Cumberbatch one that we will now probably buy on DVD as well as The Paddington Bear film. With our first granddaughter on the way we already have most of the old Disney cartoons but I was a Bagpuss fan & we have a stuffed one so may have to get those on DVD as well. But I suppose we are way behind the times with what toddlers are currently watching. :wink:
Hoping to get enough time to see 50 Shades of Grey. Everyone i know who has seen it loved it.
Not into BDSM per se but excluding that it should be entertaining.
BDSM? :confused:
Oh yes matinees are the best. I like to go to the earliest showing so I can emerge, bleary eyed straight into a restaurant! :confused:
I saw "What we did on our holiday" with David Tennant and Billy Connolly. I and the one other person in the cinema laughed out loud often, but I also ended up with a very wet hanky. Just my sort of film. :) :) Anyone who enjoyed "Outnumbered" will love this film - same writers and similar theme, but it explores other issues too. Maybe the messages are simplistic, but they are still important - and very heart warming.
Must see Kingsman, and Marigold. :D I refuse to see Fifty Shades, sorry Juliana!
And I try to go to the early Tues sessions at our local cinema - only $6! (about £3)
Ooh you wanna see Whiplash!
Definitely don't want to see Fifty Shades :bugeyes:
I kind of knew i was in the minority about Fifty Shades but it's ok as i totally respect that it is not everybody's cup of tea at all and it is claimed to have connotations of domestic violence, abuse of women etc. My other issue is that i just cannot get the character of "The Fall" out of my head. (same actor) Now that was a very sinister film about abuse but extremely captivating and cant wait for the 2nd series about to show here in Australi

but with 50 shades.. Just need someone to go with :-)
Fifty shades not my bag either..someone said Mr Grey and Mrs Black and Blue,so was put off by the connotations of domestic abuse,like you said Juliana x
Wd be interesting tho to see if film any better than the book,which i heard is very badly written.
Juliana,i often take myself off to watch a film if nobody else is in the mood. Cosy in and enjoy it along with a nice drink and maybe some goodies x x then report back to us xx
Oh look at you with your popcorn!
Yes, I must admit I used to go to the cinema on my own. Its good when you can go early in the day...the cinema is barely filled then. Last time I went to a packed cinema was to see Woman in Black: there were young girls screaming all the time and running in and out of the cinema. The film was totally ruined. However, I wrote to the cinema and asked why these kids were allowed to run in and out and how it had spoiled our enjoyment. I was sent a cinema ticket...so all was good in the end I guess. :wink:
Always good to get a freebie Bean
I complained to Royal Mail and they sent me stamps and a box of chocs
The box was very battered so wasnt a very good advert for their services!
I complained years ago about a bag of crisps not being very full and they delivered a BOX of crisps to my workplace!
Have also had vouchers a few times..think we shd always give feedback and i' m always quick to give good feedback when its deserved.
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
172 posts Page 10 of 12