The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

172 posts Page 4 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12 Next
Blimey, I really must catch up with films. I've not heard of "Chef". Whats that about and who's in it?

Saw The Hunger Games yesterday. I quite enjoyed it!

...I highly recommend "The Crossing Guard" with Jack. Great film. ;)
Hi Beanibobz@nursebean
Chef is about ...a Chef! It doesn't really appeal to me but going coz Beau wants to see it..and he's coming to see Jersey Boys with me tomozz
Crossing Guard Is v good film ..i agree x
May reluctantly have to go to see the Mrs Brown film..i can only take Mrs Brown in very small doses,not film length.. But i have a friend who loves her..will encourage her to go with someone else,but i may have to join her if no one else will
I love going to the cinema alone but this friend doesn't ...want to put a funny face here but smilies not working x
Mrs Brown's Boys?! :shock:

Oh dear...
CandiceMarie wrote: Hi Beanibobz@nursebean
Chef is about ...a Chef! It doesn't really appeal to me but going coz Beau wants to see it..and he's coming to see Jersey Boys with me tomozz
Crossing Guard Is v good film ..i agree x
May reluctantly have to go to see the Mrs Brown film..i can only take Mrs Brown in very small doses,not film length.. But i have a friend who loves her..will encourage her to go with someone else,but i may have to join her if no one else will
I love going to the cinema alone but this friend doesn't ...want to put a funny face here but smilies not working x

I think Chef will surprise you. Let us know what you think!
Ohh you've got me intrigued now@cblasz! Seeing it thursday
Felt very wobbly today but went to see Jersey Boys this avvo..enjoyed it.
Thought all the actors played a great part and wonderful sound track.
There was something i couldn't quite put my finger on tho that didn't seem right..driving me mad trying to work out what it was....
Can't wait to see Fault in the Stars ( is that correct title? Something like that anyways!)
Oh that fault in the stars sounds way too upsetting. Where are all the feel-good films?

I hear that Frozen is supposed to be very good :confused:
Yep i think its a weepie Beano @nursebean
I want to see Frozen too Brrrrrrrrr :lol:
Ive heard its brilliant! X
Hope youre ok Beany and enjoyed your corn on the cob x
I saw Jersey Boys on Broadway and loved it!!
Ohhh thats fab @cblasz would love to see it onstage..but to see it on Broadway wd be even better!x
Frozen is brilliant! Really catchy songs and a good story with a lovely ending. Feel good? Most definitely.
I am biased though - I love Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks stuff. My favourite films are all children's ones and we rarely go and see 'adult' films at the pictures. Mostly because of bad behaviour in the cinema , but also due to butchering, oops sorry, 'censoring'
Yes Mark Kermode gave Frozen a great review. From the clip, I wasn't sure I liked the snowman's voice but I didn't like Mel Gibson's accent in the trailer for Braveheart but ended up loving the film!
@cblaszChef was great! Good music in it too
I' m quite. Dustin Hoffman fan and was pleased to find a DH film on beeb 2 last night..
Last Chance Harvey...followed by " A Single Man".... With Colin Firth.
Not often we get a decent Sat night on tv! X
I saw Jersey Boys. What bothered me about it was which year we were in at any scene. For example if Frankie hooked up with his future wife in the late fifties, how come his daughter was,old enough to get into all that mess and it was't even 1970. I wish they put date and time stamps on all the scenes of biographical movies, like they did in the X files.
Yeh Barb@barbarita always helpful if they put date and time stamps on different scenes,makes it easier to follow.
I get confused even more than most folk..i once watched a whole film in total bafflement coz i thought Leonardo di Caprio and Matt Damon were one and the same person! :lol: sat in the cinema desperately trying to follow the story!
I could sort of follow JB coz i vaguely knew the dates the songs came out...at least most of the songs between early sixties and late seventies..and the film more or less kept to the song dates.
He married his first wife late 50s i think and their daughter Francine died 1980. This roughly fitted in with the timeline of the film,to me, as it was not long after Oh What a Night came out,in 1975.
I was surprised no reference was made to the fact he also lost a stepdaughter six months prior to Francine's death..
I felt it didn't quite ring true here and there.
Probably going to see it again this week with a pal who wants to go ..kinda hoping she finds someone else to go with..much as i liked it,don't really want to watch it again,x
I cannot contain my excitement at the forthcoming movie later this month.
'Mrs Brown's Boys; D Movie'

The waiting is killing me. I lurrve Mrs Brown and Boys. Are screenings world wide at the same time?
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12 Next
172 posts Page 4 of 12