The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

172 posts Page 5 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12 Next
Thanks @CandiceMarie that makes a bit more sense! It was a weird movie because it never talked about anything outside the core story to anchor you in time - either musically (only mentioned Presley and Sinatra but they must have been having their hits while the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Tamla Motown, Woodstock etc were on the go) or other stuff - Vietnam, the Kennedys, Watergate etc. Perhaps if I was a connoisseur of American cars it might have helped, but they all looked 1960 to me!
Last night I saw Begin Again with Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightly. It was really good and great music. Interetingly, it had a very similar plot to Chef, except the music industry instead of the cooking industry. Still really good though!
Oh @cblasz thanks...might go to see that then..
We saw Boyhood which was long but very good..it reminded me of good books ive read..you know how sometimes by the end of a book the protagonist and other characters almost seem like friends? Same with this film..great characters and some good music x x
Thanks @CandaceMarie - that movies on my "want to see" list too, with a bunch of other ones of course. The next one I definitely know I'm seeing is "Wish I was Here" by Zach Braff who created Garden State.
I've never seen Garden State @cblasz but ive always wanted to coz ithink there's one ortwo Shinssongs in it and theyre one of my top ten bands! :like:
I want to see the one about the photographer..think its calledFinding Vivien? ..surname escapes me! X

Ps just looked it up..
Finding Vivian Maier. X
Garden State is amazing as is the soundtrack. I bought that CD right after seeing the movie and it stayed in my car CD player for YEARS afterwards!
As well as Shins, i think Only Living Boy in New York is on the cd too..
No wonder you played it so much..we shd have a what cd/ album have you played to death thread! X think i' ll do that toot sweet!
I liked the film The Boy In Striped Pyjamas. It deals with a very tough theme but what comes out is the strength of friendship. The Kite Runner also has a lot to say about friendship.
Went to see " Two Days One Night" tonight
Enjoyed it but a tiny bit disappointed in it,tho i liked the way the story resolved in the end.
I got my restless legs halfway thru tho so did a lot of fidgeting :confused:
Having a lazy Saturday afternoon watching The Great Escape.
Sounds good WineO@wineoclock
Satday morning here,didn't sleep,so don't feel up to much..lazy day for me too i think x
Sorry you didn't sleep well @CandiceMarie. I was out late last night at a trivia fundraiser. We came second and won ice skating lessons :lol: I don't fancy spending time on my rear end on the ice so gave them to someone with small kids.
Oh isnt it a shame@wineoclock that yr prize wasnt something you could enjoy
Good prize tho..i'd love to ice skate but wd prob break one of my elderly brittle bones! I can barely keep myself upright in shoes,never mind skates! :lol:
Congrats on doing so well on the trivia ! :like:
Thought I'd bump this up again seeing as how its such a gloomy day that a film or two might be on the cards :wink:

Anyway, just wanted to share a couple of films I've seen recently. Last week I saw "Before I go to sleep" a thriller starring Nicole Kidman, Colin Firth and Mark Strong. I really enjoyed it. It is a really exciting thriller about a woman who wakes up every morning and has erased all memory. Initially I thought it might be quite tedious (kind of like a GroundHog Day but without the laughs) but the subject matter was handled really well and it was really tense, exciting stuff. If you're a Colin Firth fan you'll love it! And Mark Strong is brilliant as ever. He has the ability to play a character is isn't quite what he seems...or is he?! Anyway, Bean recommends :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Last night I watched Star Trek: Into Darkness. What a GREAT film it is! I think the new actors playing old, familiar characters work surprisingly well. I particularly like the guy who plays Bones. He's just like him! Its a really exciting film and definitely worth a watch.
Bean recommends :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

So, there you go: A couple of great films for the weekend. :cool:
I read the book of BIGTS and enjoyed it @nursebean
Star Trek type stuff not my bag
A few good new films out just now i' d like to see
We went to the pictures a few sunday avvo ago..thought we wd see whatever was about to start..saw " Life of Crime" which we enjoyed..it's based on a Elmore Leonard story..
Synopsis: - Ordell and Louis are criminals with a grand plan - to snatch the wife of a wealthy Detroit developer and collect some easy ransom money. But what they haven't figured on is that the husband has a secret mistress and has absolutely no desire to get his wife back. So, it's time for Plan B..
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12 Next
172 posts Page 5 of 12