The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

172 posts Page 2 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
Domane wrote: Juliana! We must be twins that were separated at birth as MY two favourite films are The Sound of Music and Love Actually as well! Closely followed by The Time Traveler's Wife (which I avoided like the plague having ruined the book of PS I Love You by watching the film!!) The book of TTTW is my absolute fave and I will read it at least once a year.

I also love The Notebook, The Lake House and good ole Mamma Mia! for a singalong.....

(I'm such an old romantic......)

That's cute.

Time Traveler's Wife sounds good as does so many other films people have mention. I am so time poor if im going to borrow a movie from the video store I want it to be good.

thanks for posting

keep it going.

If you have time, review them.
bit like they do here. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452694/

amazing how one person's favourite can be be another's "dont waste your time" film. thats humans for you

I guess though if i like what someone else likes then anything they like i will also like. So good to find you @Domane.
Apt for this tent.

Any thoughts on the Oscar results?

Have you seen the films involved in nominations. Did the right film/actor win?
Not on most peoples radar, but 'The Handmaids Tale' was a very thought provoking film and 'The Children of Men' another.
I didnt know the Handmaid's Tale had been made into a film! Loved the book,years ago
Must look out for that one x
This is hard. I don't think I have a favourite. I like thrillers and crime dramas mostly. I spend alot of time on planes so here are the ones that are the most memorable for me.

For something a bit different, try the Argentine crime thriller Nine Queens. It's subtitled, but it has a fantastic twist at the end and funny too. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247586/.

Behind the Candelabra is brilliant. Can't believe the quality of the acting from Michael Douglas and Matt Damon

Silverlinings Playbook. Lovely film. Like Bradley Cooper anyway :heart:

Savages - very violent but Travolta and Penelope Cruz are great. Very dark, but funny

Burn After Reading (another Coen Bros) is hillarious.

Ghost Writer. Political thriller - Ewan McGregor and Pierce Brosnan. My personal favourite last year.

Taken 1 and 2 - Liam Neeson

Leon - Luc Besson film. Quite violent but I enjoyed it.

More:
Columbiana. Zoe Saldana.
The Whistleblower. Rachel Weisz. Based on a true story.
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
The Artist - bit different
My Week with Marilyn
The Kings Speech - Loved
The Best Marigold Hotel - Great cast!
Limitless
The Way. Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez
War Horse.
The Time Travellers Wife
Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol
The James Bond films that have Daniel Craig in them.....
Bourne Trilogy.
My favourite of all time is "Cinema Paradisso". I also love "Babette's Feast".

I saw that someone mentioned "Distant Voices, Still Lives", which I thought was an excellent film, but way too close to home for me, so it was too painful.
Truly, madly,deeply always have a bit of a thing about Alan Rickman. English patient and on the violent side Django Unchained, horrid, thought provoking and very funny. Almost forgot all the Bourne films and of course Skyfall.
We've been making our way through recent releases in our household. Sunday we watched wolf of Wall Street which was hilarious, though very rude and a tad too long. 12 years a slave is amazing and made me cry, and then last night we watched the Oscar winning "Her" which me and my sister really really enjoyed but my mum didn't get at all...I think the phrase "that's 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back" was thrown around.

I usually watch like girly films so my favourite will always be Dirty Dancing...no body puts baby in a corner after all.

Oh and any James Bond film as well.
One film I adore that everyone else I've ever made watch it hates is called The Skin I Live In. It's a Spanish film so it's subtitled and very disturbing, but it's so clever. I just really really like it.
Oh @Juliana.Rivers what a great thread...thank you!

I guess, it's difficult to have an absolute favourite but some of you have already mentioned some of mine: Oh Brither Where art thou? That's a great one...When Harry Met Sally (a classic). However, this film has always been at the top of my list and I remember years ago I went to see it being screened on the beach at Brighton! Can you imagine it, hundreds of people...with the sound of the waves lapping...wonderful memory! It is of course...
I was taken to see Jaws when I was too young to see it, only 2 years after leaving Australia. It terrified me and kept me awake with nightmares for weeks.
How funny Julie. I remember I was going to be taken to see it along with my brother and grandad. I was so worried about seeing it (and yet I really wanted to) that I was sick so wasn't able to go. It was raining the night my brother saw it and he said when he came out he was scared of the puddles!! xx

Bean :shock:
Now I come to the film that introduced me to my favourite actor. I've bean a huge fan (quite lit-er-ally) ever since. It's his voice and eyes...mmmmm anyway, this is the scene that made me love him. It is, of course, The Shining!

Bean :shock:
Since The DH is a movie buff, we have a "nice" collection of films on disc. Right now I'm at work and have a bad memory, so these are only a few of my favs:
Gladiator
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragons
Flying Daggers
Kunf Fu Hustle
Lord of the Rings set
Dracula (with Garry Oldman)
Sherlock Holmes (the modern ones ;))
Fast and the furious
Top Gun
Tomb Raider

Both our kids watch a lot of movies on-line and Johns (the as of yesterday 15yr old :smile: ) said that 12 Years a slave was really good.
Hey! I'm off to the cinema! I haven't bean for ages (saw 'Flight' with my sister). I'm going to see "The Book Thief". I've read the book which was brilliant...very moving, though, so I hope this experience isn't going to kill me. If I get away with it I MUST go and see Gravity. I've heard nothing but good things about it xx

Bean :geek:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
172 posts Page 2 of 12