The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 2 of 80
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80 Next
Re: New! Insomniacs tent...
03 Jan 2014, 00:34
And then you throw fasting into the pot. Which means your body has gone into overdrive and won't let you sleep because breakfast may just walk past.

I take 5HTP to help with sleep. Vitamin D in the morning too.
03 Jan 2014, 00:35
Mmm, nuts, love nuts. Not sure they'll go well with a cup of cocoa though...perhaps a mulled wine would be best (for medicinal purposes of course) :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 00:36
Is it almonds or brazil nuts that are high in magnesium?
03 Jan 2014, 00:36
CandiceMarie wrote:
carorees wrote: I'm coming in here for a bit...forgot to take my magnesium until just before bed...supposed to be 2 hours before...so I might be here a while! I do think the magnesium, plus taking vitamin d in the morning helps.

While you were all watching that diet programme, I was watching Nicholas Cage in a film called Next. It was quite gripping hence I forgot to take the tablets.

Any virtual nibbles/drinks available?

Caroi am deffo buying some magnesium..already got the vit D..my doc put me on a massive dose of it coz was so deficient..said i'd have rickets if been living in Victorian times..
This could be the answer to my sleepless prayers..thank you ,you can have all the nibbles you want x

Me too :yawn:
03 Jan 2014, 00:39
Ag, where did my answer go?
Anyway, tired from all that hammering of pegs and sorting of guys....
Your queue, ladies.....
03 Jan 2014, 00:39
A quick google and it says that pumpkin seeds have 53mg of magnesium for every 10g portion.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/artic ... nesium.php

Oh my, chocolate is high up there, no wonder a mug of hot chocolate works.
03 Jan 2014, 00:40
Thats as may be @Julieathome but i need my zeds
Doesnt have to be eight hours,will settle for five..as long as there's no nightmares or bad dreams..just deeep deeep dreamless sleeeeeep zzzzzzzzz

PS anyone remember the advert " Horlucks...for Night Starvation" :grin:
And the Ovalteenies Club..
We are the ovalteeny little girls and boys...
( showing my great advanced age again ..)
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.65 KiB) Viewed 610 times
03 Jan 2014, 00:40
Go to sleep, you lot.....
03 Jan 2014, 00:41
OK nanite P - for the second time :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 00:42
Go to sleep? Two mins Ago you were hammering tent pegs now youre throwing us out of the Tent?
Ps meant Horlicks not Lucks x
03 Jan 2014, 00:44
Hor lucks @candicemarie sounds an entirely different proposition. BTW I wish you had a shorter name!!
03 Jan 2014, 00:47
Hmmm maybe i could shorten it to Candy..but hang on your name is four syllables long too..and two capital letters..maybe moogie would let us just be Penny and Candy but without losing our stripes / rejoining or anything.
03 Jan 2014, 00:48
Julieathome wrote: A quick google and it says that pumpkin seeds have 53mg of magnesium for every 10g portion.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/artic ... nesium.php

Oh my, chocolate is high up there, no wonder a mug of hot chocolate works.

Recommended dose is 300mg+ so that's quite a lot of pumpkin seeds! Not impossible though. How many cals in 60g pumpkin seeds Julie?
03 Jan 2014, 00:53
325 cals in 60g..248 of which are from fat x
03 Jan 2014, 00:55
CandiceMarie wrote: 325 cals in 60g..248 of which are from fat x

Think I'll stick to taking tablets then! I'm not that keen on pumpkin seeds that I'll expend 300 cals on them!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80 Next
1198 posts Page 2 of 80