The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 5 of 80
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 80 Next
Re: New! Insomniacs tent...
03 Jan 2014, 22:18
Hope your little dog is ok Maggiee.

I love coconut milk so much and am going to give that a try with some hot chocolate in it, like gillymary suggested. I often wake in the night and am wide awake, thinking. I hate it and usually put the radio on. It's so lonely but in future I will pop into the tent to see if there's anyone about. Thanks Penny for erecting it.
03 Jan 2014, 22:25
Wendy Darling wrote: Hope your little dog is ok Maggiee.

I love coconut milk so much and am going to give that a try with some hot chocolate in it, like gillymary suggested. I often wake in the night and am wide awake, thinking. I hate it and usually put the radio on. It's so lonely but in future I will pop into the tent to see if there's anyone about. Thanks Penny for erecting it.

How about cocoa and almond milk? Almonds have lots of tryptophan .....
03 Jan 2014, 22:29
Hmmmm ok, if you think it would be better. I am still really wary of nut milks etc after only ever having cows! I suppose I could get some and give it a try. Thank you Rawkaren, you are so knowledgeable about this sort of thing
03 Jan 2014, 23:08
Go for it @Wendy Darling the almond milk is lovely and it tastes creamy
04 Jan 2014, 00:02
jools7 wrote: Don't know whether sleepless Aussies are welcome here,

Oh dear, oops.Sorry I butted in :oops:
04 Jan 2014, 00:04
I should have thought anyone is welcome as there will always someone somewhere in the world to talk to!
I can't drink almond milk after doing a 7 day detox fast and gagging when I drank it after 5 days of torture! Maybe I should try it again
04 Jan 2014, 00:17
Debs wrote: @carieoatesOh dear, that is an enormous age for a dog. What is he/she?

Not mine Hun. It's Maggie's. :smile:
04 Jan 2014, 00:22
looking at computers late at night is suposed to be bad for sleep!!
04 Jan 2014, 00:26
Oops, daft bugger! Thought one thing, typed another :confused:
Time for another life giving cup of tea methinks!!
04 Jan 2014, 01:19
Someone please shoot him. My hubby that is, then maybe I could get some sleep.
04 Jan 2014, 01:19
Hi peeps if anyone is about..join me looking at the stars,make a little fire...
I was asleep by 11pm,awake again by 1130,tried to lie and listen to radio 4 but have now given up,made a cuppa and eating tomorrows brekky ( raisin and lemon pancakes toasted,100 cals each)
Allowed myself a nap this avvo,only a short one,would have been sooooo nice to stay sleeping tonight yawwwwwwwwn! X
image.jpg
image.jpg (4.39 KiB) Viewed 528 times
04 Jan 2014, 01:21
Julieathome wrote: Someone please shoot him. My hubby that is, then maybe I could get some sleep.

! Is he snoring@Julieathome! Bahhhhh..gimme the gun,i'll do it...
04 Jan 2014, 01:25
Nope he's still wide awake. I'm his carer and can't go to bed till he has, as he needs help undressing etc. But on nights when his pain levels is to high, he can't sleep, so neither can I. He's just had a second dose of meds, so should be feeling the effects soon.
04 Jan 2014, 01:36
Julieathome wrote: Nope he's still wide awake. I'm his carer and can't go to bed till he has, as he needs help undressing etc. But on nights when his pain levels is to high, he can't sleep, so neither can I. He's just had a second dose of meds, so should be feeling the effects soon.

Sorry Julie, i knew you were Hubz carer but didnt think on,that obviously as his carer,you cant settle til he has...also that youve got your own health probs but who is the carer for you...
Its a bummer that you're both kept awake...hope the meds kick in and you' ll soon both be in the Land of Nod x x x
04 Jan 2014, 01:56
Hmph,nobody around..think will heat up some coffee in my billycan,cook up some beans,keep an eye out for bears and coyotes... :confused:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 80 Next
1198 posts Page 5 of 80