Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 3 of 80
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 80 Next
Re: New! Insomniacs tent...
03 Jan 2014, 00:57
Sleep or calories? What a choice.
03 Jan 2014, 01:02
I know Caro..lovely but a lorra lorra calories! But then most nice edible things are...:0(
03 Jan 2014, 02:41
On my fluid fast days my nightcap is often a hot unsweetened almond milk hot chocolate. So am I really doing myself a favour and providing magnesium to sleep by. Because my cals consumed are low on a fluid fast day I figure my nightcap hot chocolate is ok, I can relax now as have been thinking it a guilty pleasure

I am cursed by very poor sleep patterns so I am happy to bring my swag into this tent. If I am stressed don't sleep well. I usually don't get up if I can't sleep as once up I would be too awake, I just toss and turn until I drift off again
03 Jan 2014, 02:46
Morning! Been lying around hoping to nod off then remembered the black coffee I drank at 3pm as I needed a hot drink and there was not else. Dratted caffeine still buzzing. Just drinking a soothing valerian to combat it.
So.
How are you all in Oz and USA today?
03 Jan 2014, 04:25
It's a beautiful barmy summer day even the local kookaburra family said so with a lot of laughs just a while ago. Lots of other birds making a racket along with the cicadas. Next to no sleep last night so it will be an early night for me I hope. I had a big day planned but am so tired when not eating I am just lolling about, drat.
03 Jan 2014, 06:09
Hope you lot have all nodded off now :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: . if you don't at least there is always someone on the other side of the world to talk to!!
I had a post fast shocker last night, up every five minutes for a wee, at least the loo was close! It is the same every night after a fast :frown: . I dread to think how I am going to be when I am alternate day fasting! Ga Ga I expect :razz:
03 Jan 2014, 08:33
A quick four hour sleep and I'm up and at it again :0/ Hope that doesn't happen tonight too :0(
03 Jan 2014, 08:44
Lifts tent flap and politely *cough coughs*, lift weary head and asks...can I join in? This insomnia is draining me lol.
Some friends have suggested Magnesium and have seen others here take it. Is it worth trying?
cilla xxx
03 Jan 2014, 08:59
hi drilakilla

Yes, I think the magnesium helps. Be sure to get one of the better absorbed forms though. Not magnesium oxide or sulphate. Also check the amount of elemental magnesium the tablets give you. I've got some 500mg magnesium citrate tablets but they only give 80g of elemental magnesium. You need about 300 mg taken about 2 hours before bed. There's a thread all about it somewhere.
03 Jan 2014, 09:02
Got to sleep about 1ish, but woke at 3 and 5 and listened to the storm outside, then back to sleep until 8:30...not too bad for me.
03 Jan 2014, 09:02
May join tonight as I sometimes sleep as less as 4 hours a night. The problem is not to fall asleep, most of the time, but the time I wake up, 3.50AM 2 days ago, for example....

To help me sleep, I put 2tbsp of apple cider vinegar, a tbsp of honey (well, not right now as my liquid honey has gone solid) in hot water and drink it before going to bed, it works wonders
03 Jan 2014, 09:18
Love the cats Manderley!
Sometimes taking Bach sleep remedy helps me sleep,sometimes not,worth a try x
03 Jan 2014, 09:24
It's not even bedtime here in Aus but I am definitely an insomniac. It is either not being able to go to sleep or waking up at dark o'clock in the morning and not being able to go back to sleep. I dislike that one the most because usually after Ive been up for 2 hours it is then too late to go back to bed.
03 Jan 2014, 09:33
Wish I had come on here last night instead of tossing and turning!
Was awake until 3am and I didn't even fast yesterday.
Luckily no work today so slept through to 9am, it's going to be hell on Monday morning when I have to go back to 6.30am starts!
03 Jan 2014, 09:49
"Oh what a night" There is a song called that, is there not? It should be the signature song for this thread. The vit D worked for the first few nights, great, we both slept like logs then bang! Hit the wall again. I am not up long, I hate this not sleeping til about 6 a.m then you pass out like a dead person that has just died and before you know it half the day is gone. it's all a vicious circle and I am SOOOOOO tired. Off into town for lunch with friends so that should wake me up. Thanks, Penny for starting this thread.....zzzzzzzz

By the way, WHAT were you all watching last night, no wonder no one could sleep it sounds horrific :shock:

Ballerina x :heart:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 80 Next
1198 posts Page 3 of 80