The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 80 of 80
Previous 1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 Next
Re: Insomniacs' tent...
01 Jul 2015, 03:06
thanks @Lizbean. No I don't know why I woke up. Possibly not enough walking in the day time. I am well acquainted with work related insomnia. But I don't work now. Maybe that's what kept me awake. Now I have slept late and half the day is gone.
27 Aug 2015, 01:43
Hello .. lifting the flaps, what can we hear.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIxwxx9tz9w - coming up to 2.45am and I'm trying to get back up those stairs before my multiple alarms go off at 6am :shock: oh and a fast day coming up :starving:
Hope you are sleeping tight .... if it's your night time :clover:
27 Aug 2015, 01:54
Lizbean wrote: Hello .. lifting the flaps, what can we hear.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIxwxx9tz9w - coming up to 2.45am and I'm trying to get back up those stairs before my multiple alarms go off at 6am :shock: oh and a fast day coming up :starving:
Hope you are sleeping tight .... if it's your night time :clover:

Way too late for you, Lizbean...hope you get some sleep...try this youtube instead :wink: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm15rvkifPc
27 Aug 2015, 10:22
Hi @lizbean hope you got a few hours in before going to work
I only had about two hours sleep last night xx lets hope we do better tonight! X
27 Aug 2015, 10:25
@peonyblue thanks for that lovely link...i' m saving it for the next sleepless night! Xx
27 Aug 2015, 14:05
:bugeyes: Thanks @Peony :like: I have my head phones on as I work, listening to hush little baby .....I could fall asleep on my laptop at this rate! :smile:
@CandiceMarie sorry to hear you were also struggling last night. I've been sleeping much better recently, how about you?
04 Sep 2015, 21:20
Nice soothing pic to help all insomniacs drift off..specially @lizbean xxx
image.jpg
~ you're getting sleeeeeeepy ~ xx
image.jpg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 938 times
04 Sep 2015, 21:32
@CandiceMarie thx, magic ..... I'll need this tonight .... don't ask! :heart: :grin:
27 Jan 2016, 15:14
Since I don't know when (ok, like since 1999) I have so much trouble with my sleep that in the end I took a half of Stilnoct (get to sleep pill) every night. Every night. I did not get hooked on them but depended on the to be able to sleep. Not that I sleep an entire night, woke up 3-4 times and I mean woke up.
OK, so in December sometime I decided to try to be without them and after some nights, I actually managed to get to sleep and sleep. Since then I never used them and I most often (when The DH don't snore like a pig) I manage to go to sleep after 20-30 minutes and I sleep, only wake up twice and drink some water all night long. It even happens that I go back to sleep for an hour after The DH and dogs have gone up.
Feel like I could fit in in the soberistas tent LOL
27 Jan 2016, 17:38
Well done for coming off the pills, @Wolfie, and for managing to get some decent sleep without them! What an excellent start to the new year! :victory:
27 Jan 2016, 17:57
Well done indeed, @Wolfie getting rid of those things is a tough job. My mum has been hooked on sleeping pills for 40 something years now and it seems that they are one of the trigger of her dementia. I always refused to take some because I don't want to get hooked to anything, even if my sleep is..... well.... strange to say the least.

Take last night for example. I fell asleep around 08:00PM, woke up, all dressed, of course, around midnight, couldn't fall back to sleep before 03:00AM and woke up for the last time at 05:30AM. However, it's better than most night where I usually sleep around 3 to 4 hours.... :confused:
30 Jan 2016, 11:21
Good for you @wolfie I'm really happy it's worked out for you.
My sleep has improved, I think that is because I'm exhausted through work - rather than anxious, the dark winter nights and some nights (not all) before getting into bed I've been lying on the bedroom floor and emptying my thoughts of the day for about 10 minutes. I'm also enjoying the scent of lavender my DD bought me for Xmas. @Manderley 3-4 hours is not long, do you feel rested with that?
Wishing everyone plenty of quality zzzz.....zzzzz......zz
30 Jan 2016, 11:32
Quite frankly, I am used to it and it could be worse. There was a time I slept 2 hours a night, had to took the car at 05:30 in the morning for a 2 hours drive to go to work, nearly crashed it when I fell asleep for a few seconds..... I am the kind of person who doesn't need a lot of sleep anyway. The only thing I can't stand is my panda eyes, I have big natural dark circles and, on a really white skin (I am a red head) it's not a pretty picture......

It's funny because, with my partner we now sleep every night together and my sleep has improved since then. And I'm someone who couldn't sleep a wink with someone else in her bed :grin:
Previous 1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 Next
1198 posts Page 80 of 80