The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1198 posts Page 1 of 80
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80 Next
Insomniacs' tent...
02 Jan 2014, 23:58
I'm hammering in the tent pegs, all you insomniacs.
Come and join me and share your way of getting to sleep.
Mine is... oh drat, I've forgotten it and now I'm awake trying to remember it.
Anyway, if you're a bit of an insomniac like me, do let me know, so I'm not alone...
Re: New! Insomniacs tent...
03 Jan 2014, 00:07
I'm here for the mo .... a certain Tv prog has kept me awake ... Whatever you do don't watch it - lol!

It seems that the most famous insomniacs on here, ie @CandiceMarie and @Ballerina are ... Missing in action, presumed ASLEEP
03 Jan 2014, 00:09
I wish this had been around at 3:24am when I was awake!

Luckily I'm off sick today (lucky? that doesn't sound right actually) so I can nap a bit during the day but that's usually a recipe for disaster too.

Normally, I get up, potter around or read for a bit, which tires my eyes and then I can nod off.
03 Jan 2014, 00:13
@MelbMandy - you can keep this thread going for us while we're awake in the day :lol: :lol: :razz: and you're supposed to be asleep :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 00:13
Oh heaven..just what i need Penny,an insomniacs tent
I will never be lonely again! Hallelujah praise the Lord !
Nothing worse than feeling youre the only gal awake in the whole wide world ..
Unless its feeling worn out,going to bed and then your mind...just...won't...switch ...off... ( like me,tonight,went to bed an hour ago...)
I don't have any tools to help with the prob tho ...except don't fret about it,it only gets the adrenaline running then you will never sleep..
Maybe we could tell each other fairy tales to make us drop off?
I' ll start..
Once upon a time,there were three bears.....
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.98 KiB) Viewed 4532 times
03 Jan 2014, 00:14
Silverdarling wrote: I'm here for the mo .... a certain Tv prog has kept me awake ... Whatever you do don't watch it - lol!

It seems that the most famous insomniacs on here, ie @CandiceMarie and @Ballerina are ... Missing in action, presumed ASLEEP

ach, nay worries... they're lightweights in the insomniacs tent @silverdarling
03 Jan 2014, 00:16
CandiceMarie wrote: Oh heaven..just what i need Penny,an insomniacs tent
I will never be lonely again! Hallelujah praise the Lord !
Nothing worse than feeling youre the only gal awake in the whole wide world ..
Unless its feeling worn out,going to bed and then your mind...just...won't...switch ...off... ( like me,tonight,went to bed an hour ago...)
I don't have any tools to help with the prob tho ...except don't fret about it,it only gets the adrenaline running then you will never sleep..
Maybe we could tell each other fairy tales to make us drop off?
I' ll start..
Once upon a time,there were three bears.....

Ok, @candicemarie you're a black belt of the tent...
those three bears visited me in North Wales, bur were gobbled up by a sheep.
03 Jan 2014, 00:19
Only one sheep???? We're going to need more than that, if we're to get off to zzzz land :shock:
03 Jan 2014, 00:21
I'm coming in here for a bit...forgot to take my magnesium until just before bed...supposed to be 2 hours before...so I might be here a while! I do think the magnesium, plus taking vitamin d in the morning helps.

While you were all watching that diet programme, I was watching Nicholas Cage in a film called Next. It was quite gripping hence I forgot to take the tablets.

Any virtual nibbles/drinks available?
03 Jan 2014, 00:24
Lobbing them in your direction@carorees
Nuts, anyone?
03 Jan 2014, 00:25
I'm sure Penny will have something available - if she's not cleaning out the fridge with her trusty toothbrush :wink:

Oh there you are - she's beaten me to it!
03 Jan 2014, 00:29
[

Ok, @candicemarie you're a black belt of the tent...
those three bears visited me in North Wales, bur were gobbled up by a sheep.[/quote]

What about the Billy Goats Gruff? And,yeah,like SD said,what use is one sheep..he will be worn out with us all counting him jumping over the fence ... X
03 Jan 2014, 00:32
I've just watched the same film, but on plus one hour. My cure for insomnia is to get hubby to go to bed. If he does go to bed then I must remember my own painkillers.
For those times when it just happens. Get up, potter around, have a little read (but not if you are likely to get stuck in a book and be unable to put it down), wake hubby and have a bonk. Its quite a common and probably natural thing to wake up or be an insomniac, there are old poets who talk of 'the second sleep' which is where you would wake after about 4 hours, get up, chat, check on the sheep, put some logs on the fire etc.

Its even natural for teenagers to go to bed late and wake up early, its why they have been night watchmen as they are alert till early hours, when they get taken over by the Granddads, because Granddads just can't stay asleep after 5am.

Its only in recent times, say the last 200 years that having a full 8 hours in one stretch has been considered to be normal.
03 Jan 2014, 00:32
All these flashing avatars are making me .... Zzzzz ..
03 Jan 2014, 00:33
carorees wrote: I'm coming in here for a bit...forgot to take my magnesium until just before bed...supposed to be 2 hours before...so I might be here a while! I do think the magnesium, plus taking vitamin d in the morning helps.

While you were all watching that diet programme, I was watching Nicholas Cage in a film called Next. It was quite gripping hence I forgot to take the tablets.

Any virtual nibbles/drinks available?

Caroi am deffo buying some magnesium..already got the vit D..my doc put me on a massive dose of it coz was so deficient..said i'd have rickets if been living in Victorian times..
This could be the answer to my sleepless prayers..thank you ,you can have all the nibbles you want x
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 80 Next
1198 posts Page 1 of 80