The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

229 posts Page 13 of 16
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Re: Soberista's Tent.
24 Mar 2015, 02:56
Yes, @rawkaren its a fast day and it has all been easy today (tho' this is not always the case) - I am sitting here with my pamplemousse in hand (yes, I really like it as its not too sweet or over fake-flavored) - going to a bigger Target tomorrow to stock up. A few hours to go but I have some TV to watch (waiting for Scott & Bailey to come on later) and I feel calm and in control. If you are EOD-ing, you don't have quite as much time for temptation as me !!!

I hear I will be all alone in my time zone at the end of the week. :cry:
24 Mar 2015, 03:13
lovemyparrot wrote: I hear I will be all alone in my time zone at the end of the week. :cry:

Yes I fly home for a month on Friday evening. On the late flight out. I will still check in though @lovemyparrot. You are not off the hook just yet :grin:
24 Mar 2015, 04:31
I keep making noises about going alcohol-free for a month, and then not doing it. What I have managed for a couple of weeks is to not have any alcohol at home. It's a start!
25 Mar 2015, 03:08
coooooeeee @lovemyparrot. How is it going tonight?
25 Mar 2015, 17:40
rawkaren wrote: coooooeeee @lovemyparrot. How is it going tonight?

Uh, it didn't go quite so well - I was doing fine on my AF drinks but we rented a movie and once that got going, I found myself sipping hubs' wine, so he poured me my own - didn't really go overboard (thank goodness) but not exactly proud of myself either!! :frown: But, today is another day and . . . hopefully it will be better.
26 Mar 2015, 04:53
Did okay today . . so far . . but its 10pm so will be in bed soon after Nashville :wink:
26 Mar 2015, 05:26
lovemyparrot wrote: Did okay today . . so far . . but its 10pm so will be in bed soon after Nashville :wink:

@lovemyparrot. Nice job. I'm just closing out day 11. Feeling great!
06 Apr 2015, 17:37
23 days AF for me and still going strong. Anyone else still here or did Lent mark the end of the AF run? @lovemyparrot, how is it going for you? Sorry I'm not on your time zone at the mo!
07 Apr 2015, 03:16
rawkaren wrote: 23 days AF for me and still going strong.

That's really great - even in Mallorca with all that lovely wine? I'm not doing nearly as well - went a little "overboard" this last weekend but today was a regular Monday fast so today is a good day. :like:
07 Apr 2015, 08:17
lovemyparrot wrote:
rawkaren wrote: 23 days AF for me and still going strong.

That's really great - even in Mallorca with all that lovely wine? I'm not doing nearly as well - went a little "overboard" this last weekend but today was a regular Monday fast so today is a good day. :like:

Well done @lovemyparrot. No not tempted by the wines this time in Mallorca. I'm following the fasting rule; I can always have it tomorrow...... But then don't fancy it.
07 Apr 2015, 13:10
I will be joining you when I return from hols. But have a family Wedding end of April so will haave a few then but that's about it really. No real celebrations to negotiate and seeing as I've had wine every day whilst here in Florida that'll be a great break for me and my liver.
23 May 2015, 12:43
@Lovemyparrot just read the article and it's prompted me to take a holiday, thx for that :smile:
So who has been secretly hiding in the tent since 7 April :wink: None of us? I'm arriving for a two week mini break vacation 1st to 14th June. My ticket is booked, anyone else joining me?
23 May 2015, 13:02
Ooh now that's difficult as I have hubs birthday this week, daughters next also a family BBQ which I am hosting. But I will wish you good luck and pop in to see how you're doing.
24 May 2015, 13:17
Thanks Carie, enjoy the festivities. :cool: I'm shaking it all up (using my third eye!) to avoid getting in a rut and forming bad habits in maintenance.
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
229 posts Page 13 of 16