The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

229 posts Page 12 of 16
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Re: Soberista's Tent.
21 Mar 2015, 20:27
rawkaren wrote: @lovemyparrot. Hope you enjoy your La Croix.

I'm off to Target !!!!!
21 Mar 2015, 21:31
Madcatlady wrote: Speaking of filtering @rawkaren - I got caught out last week and had to spit a mouthful of wine out cos it had loads of sediment in it from the bottom of the bottle - yuck!

:curse: :curse: :curse: I hate it when that happens!
22 Mar 2015, 01:04
Got my pamplemousse - still looking for coconut - they sound so fresh - the others - not so much !!!!!
22 Mar 2015, 05:43
lovemyparrot wrote: Got my pamplemousse - still looking for coconut - they sound so fresh - the others - not so much !!!!!

@lovemyparrot Buy online or find in a store? http://www.target.com/p/la-croix-coconu ... A-16333418. BTW Peach/Pear is amazing too.
22 Mar 2015, 10:13
BLAST!!!!!!.........DRAT!!!!!!...........and any other polite swear word!!!!!! :curse: Had too much wine last night and I blame him indoors! Hubs is off alcohol completely for the moment due all his latest blood tests coming back not good, in fact, so bad that he has been referred back to the renal clinic at the hospital so.......this means that he can now drive home from the pub instead of me being the designated chauffeur and guess what? That's right, it means that I can drink with total impunity, complete abandon, throw caution to the winds and slurp away like an old soak and last night I did all of those with style! :confused: I am NEVER going to do that again and that is a promise, you read it here first and the first one of you to suspect that I am on the cusp of hiccuping due an imbibe overload has my permission to whack round the back of my head with Janeg's wet fish. :shock:

Cheers folks,

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Mar 2015, 10:19
Helllllllo Bal! @ballerina great to see you x
Sorry bout yr poor head tho x
Hugs to you & OH x
22 Mar 2015, 18:53
Oh dear dear @Ballerina. I had to laugh though.
Don't be a stranger you're so witty, just a few weeks alcohol free and hubs will get his renal function back to within normal limits.
I suppoose you could both go out and not drink maybe.......maybe not......
22 Mar 2015, 20:27
[quote="carieoates"]Oh dear dear @Ballerina. I had to laugh though.
Don't be a stranger you're so witty, just a few weeks alcohol free and hubs will get his renal function back to within normal limits.
I suppoose you could both go out and not drink maybe.......maybe not......

:shock: I fear that both of us abstaining would be just as bad as both of us being drunk....together! It's a bit like driving, only one of us can do it at any one time....mmmmm ! Actually, both sleeping at the same time is another no no in this house, how did this happen? We used to sleep together quite happily, old age has a lot to answer for....well, in this house it does!!!!! Hee hee

Unfortunately hubs renal function will never see normal again just as I will never see 3 stone of extra fat again, I HOPE, please God, any God, if indeed any God exists, nooooo......

23 Mar 2015, 02:17
Hi, @rawkaren - I'll be checking in tomorrow about this time or maybe later - hopefully to confirm I'm still on the wagon - well, if I can't last a day ??? . . . . I know I can - I did a month in January - so, we'll see how it goes. Hope you're having a good weekend :smile: .
23 Mar 2015, 03:26
lovemyparrot wrote: Hi, @rawkaren - I'll be checking in tomorrow about this time or maybe later - hopefully to confirm I'm still on the wagon - well, if I can't last a day ??? . . . . I know I can - I did a month in January - so, we'll see how it goes. Hope you're having a good weekend :smile: .

@lovemyparrot. Do you start today or tomorrow? Good luck to you. I'm 8 days AF so far! :clover: :clover: :clover:
23 Mar 2015, 03:47
rawkaren wrote: @lovemyparrot. Do you start today or tomorrow? Good luck to you. I'm 8 days AF so far! :clover: :clover: :clover:

I guess I'm starting about now, 8:45 p.m. Saturday evening - finished dinner, a couple of wines, etc. - feeling good about tomorrow - it will be a semi-fast day/low cal day anyway - Monday is my usual fast day. Check in again tomorrow. :like: :heart:
23 Mar 2015, 08:41
Hi @rawkaren how goes it? I am impressed with your 8 days AF, suppose it is now about 10, I had some wine with my Sunday dinner yesterday and that is it now til lunchtime on Friday and then it will be just the one glass. I am determined to only have the odd glass at weekends, I feel so much better in the mornings now even though I hadn't noticed how sluggish I was before so a great incentive to keep going. Hope your other half is doing well, is he now in LA with you? When are you back in the UK?

23 Mar 2015, 13:49
Ballerina wrote: Hi @rawkaren how goes it? I am impressed with your 8 days AF, suppose it is now about 10, I had some wine with my Sunday dinner yesterday and that is it now til lunchtime on Friday and then it will be just the one glass. I am determined to only have the odd glass at weekends, I feel so much better in the mornings now even though I hadn't noticed how sluggish I was before so a great incentive to keep going. Hope your other half is doing well, is he now in LA with you? When are you back in the UK?

@Ballerina. Nice to hear from you! Yes I'm another day chalked up, but a 9 not 10. I can't decide whether to have a drink at Easter or go until the end of April. Let's see. I started freezing wine as being on my own I either a)wasted loads or b)too tempted to drink the lot, so I have cut right back in the last 12 months which my friends find hilarious. Somewhat ironic given I live an hour from Napa valley.

I come home on Friday, quick holiday in Mallorca (can I manage without wine?) and then fly back to SFO end of April with OH in tow. No he has still not moved out here but we need to decide soon whether to make the move or if I come back permanently. Going to decide next month. Stay tuned!

I did laugh out loud about your hangover post - your wit is as brilliant as ever. At least you didn't suffer the same incident as before when you posted something about losing your tights (or something like that) :heart: :heart: :heart:
23 Mar 2015, 17:43
Ballerina wrote: I am determined to only have the odd glass at weekends, I feel so much better in the mornings now even though I hadn't noticed how sluggish I was before so a great incentive to keep going.

Good to see you here @Ballerina. I empathize with everything you say. Can't believe how much better I feel when I don't drink - so I don't know why I do it, but am determined to do better !!!!!
24 Mar 2015, 02:31
@lovemyparrot. I guess as it is a fast day for you today has been easy?
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
229 posts Page 12 of 16