The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

229 posts Page 11 of 16
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16 Next
Re: Soberista's Tent.
19 Feb 2015, 08:35
Went out for lunch yesterday and had a Becks blue. It was nice, had loads of them in the house for hubby and never had more than a sip of one. Strange I know. Anyhow, I declare to only drink wine on a sat and Sunday from this weekend til 27th March when we go on holiday.
19 Mar 2015, 11:23
Whoopsie, Image
I fell out of the tent. Did someone pitch it on the side of a hill, as it's empty?
Anyhow, I'm back after being reminded to be mindful by @PennyForthem :like:
And not too much damage done to my maintaining plan.
I'm WAWO for further notice (wine at weekends only).
Anyone else committing to the tent, the flap is open! :wink:
19 Mar 2015, 13:04
@lizbean thanks for this. Don't take my example as a shining light, as I mindfully had a vodka and lemonade while waiting for the kettle to boil last night for my hot chocolate. oooops indeed.
19 Mar 2015, 14:51
I have been completely AF since last Friday and feeling good. Have been slowly cutting back for a year now and find that I am less tolerant. Will I give up altogether? Don't know, but I certainly feel much better without. Now I have my FitBit, I noticed that a for a couple of days after drinking wine my resting heart rate is raised by as much as 20 bpm and then it goes down. Wake up call. Happy to be here.
19 Mar 2015, 16:21
I strrongly feel that this tent is for frequent short visits......mini breaks as we call them.
Never drink on fast days so that at least two nights a week......what's up with that I ask you.
19 Mar 2015, 16:46
I'm also attempting WAWO but this week my Monday fast was ruined when an opened bottle of wine leftover from Sunday hijacked me when I opened the fridge door :confused:
20 Mar 2015, 03:13
@Carieoates oh yes, I was ambushed on 5th March by one of those mini bars you speak of, after SO long being on track for 12months with 52. Never mind, here I am and very happy to be back. Have a lovely holiday, when it comes, you deserve it! @Rawkaren thanks for the sobering statistic, much appreciated :like: I want to keep within my maintaining goal, so it has to 'get lost' (what a good old northern saying), well done you! @Skinnyjeans it's early days, time to WAWO and see who else comes along.... to the party :grin: I'm looking forward to enjoying eating the calories I was drinking the past few weeks.
20 Mar 2015, 04:03
I definitely do not drink on fast days but, other than that, I am not doing so well. Had a great sober January but I think I need at least a sober week the end of March. Fasting tomorrow (hopefully) so, after the weekend, the rest of the week should be a non-alco week - need your support (OH isn't giving it to me - so PLEASE, I need your help). Thanks so much.
20 Mar 2015, 04:41
lovemyparrot wrote: I definitely do not drink on fast days but, other than that, I am not doing so well. Had a great sober January but I think I need at least a sober week the end of March. Fasting tomorrow (hopefully) so, after the weekend, the rest of the week should be a non-alco week - need your support (OH isn't giving it to me - so PLEASE, I need your help). Thanks so much.

@lovemyparrot. I can be your AF buddy next week if you like as I'm on your time zone for the next 8 days. Let's check in this time each day. You can do this! Go and buy yourself some La Croix for the evenings so you have an AF drink in your hand, or some Clausthauler AF beer (both from Whole Pay Check).
20 Mar 2015, 08:30
I just realised yesterday that I haven't had ONE drink this year! :shock:
21 Mar 2015, 10:15
Hi beanie bobs AKA @nursebean not sure if I'm impressed or horrified :shock: :bugeyes: :grin: I never thought I'd ever poke my big nose round the flap of this tent but, here I am! The on going effects of IF are still impacting on my life and I suppose the last man standing, so to speak, is wine. Not that I have signed any sort of pledge you understand but I find that I am not having wine every night now, in fact, my consumption seems to be limited to lunchtimes only and NOT everyday either. Who would have believed it? I feel so much better in the mornings if I don't indulge at night. This weeks total is 3 glasses since last Sunday and 2 of them were because I was out with friends and was not driving, unusual, as I normally drive which is a great reason not to drink in the evenings. That said, when I got home from a driving, alcohol free evening, I used to have a glass or two before going to bed, no more. I think someone has stolen my old brain and given me a hardly used one which was just hanging around not doing much, mmmmm!!!!!!

Ballerina x :heart:
21 Mar 2015, 17:50
@rawkaren - one of my friends used to talk about freezing wine to cook with later but can't comment on freezing it to drink. Some interesting thoughts on here.

Anyway - just popping off to - erm - open a bottle of wine..........

Chin chin as they say on Gogglebox!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
21 Mar 2015, 18:05
rawkaren wrote:
lovemyparrot wrote: I definitely do not drink on fast days but, other than that, I am not doing so well. Had a great sober January but I think I need at least a sober week the end of March. Fasting tomorrow (hopefully) so, after the weekend, the rest of the week should be a non-alco week - need your support (OH isn't giving it to me - so PLEASE, I need your help). Thanks so much.

@lovemyparrot. I can be your AF buddy next week if you like as I'm on your time zone for the next 8 days. Let's check in this time each day. You can do this! Go and buy yourself some La Croix for the evenings so you have an AF drink in your hand, or some Clausthauler AF beer (both from Whole Pay Check).

Sorry, @rawkaren - didn't see this til today (Saturday) - I usually get notified when I'm, tagged but it didn't happen!!! I'm getting the LaCroix, probably today - It's $3.79 on sale at our local Stater Bros. (think its a SoCal only store) - can't wait to try the grapefruit. We already have some Clausthauler and a bottle of no-alco Brut faux-champagne (which may be horrible) - so, no real excuses, except my willpower. I'm starting (or stopping) Monday I guess - altho I did fast yesterday so that was a good day.

I know its no fun being home alone - but, on the other hand, I know I wouldn't have any temptation without OH sitting opposite me with his drink - there wouldn't even be any in the house !!!!!
21 Mar 2015, 19:15
@lovemyparrot. Hope you enjoy your La Croix. I'm addicted to the coconut one, because it smells of sunshine and the beach, (vague whiff of Hawaiian Tropic suntan oil!), but I understand afficionados like pamplemousse. Target had it on at $3.39 for a case which is still ridiculously expensive for water, but cheaper than wine and better for you. I think it helps just to have something in your hand. I bet that sparking stuff is foul. I bought some Zevia sparkling pear - It was disgusting, but then again I hate anything with stevia in it!

@Ballerina. Can't believe you have written that! But then again I can't quite believe myself either as I LOVE wine! Good on you.

@madcatlady. I can confirm that it freezes well and it is very drinkable. I don't want to put the good stuff in cooking. However it needs filtering (I do it through a kitchen towel as the chemical composition changes and there is more sediment produced). So now no more wasting decent wine!
21 Mar 2015, 19:56
Speaking of filtering @rawkaren - I got caught out last week and had to spit a mouthful of wine out cos it had loads of sediment in it from the bottom of the bottle - yuck!
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16 Next
229 posts Page 11 of 16