The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

229 posts Page 7 of 16
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16 Next
Re: Soberista's Tent.
30 Dec 2014, 00:28
Sounds like a good idea to me - October wasn't so bad and I'm sure it helped the weight loss.

Only thing is a weekend away at the end of the month - could I maybe be let off a couple of days early?

Pretty please!
30 Dec 2014, 04:10
Apart from a couple of drinks on holiday next week, it will be easy for me to join in, and I know how much of a risk factor is for some cancers so that has to be an added benefit. Only half strength alcohol is served here on site, apart from wine of dubious quality so no loss there!
Hello wagon!!
30 Dec 2014, 12:39
Yeah, I'm thinking about it, don't think I've got any big occasions coming up which is my downfall :-)
30 Dec 2014, 16:30
I'm in please ! I like a tipple in the evening, only red wine but pretty regularly. I did "dry January" last year and found it really hard, but managed it. I find it easier to stop drinking completely than try and have no drinking Monday - Friday or similar. It is a real battle of will and I find I drink more alcohol in the winter ! But I know I can't go tea total. Once I have one glass another soon follows. I guess that's alcohol for you.
31 Dec 2014, 08:24
I rarely have alcohol apart from weekend wine (two glasses each day) nowadays. I had half a bottle on my birthday and felt DREADFUL the next day (which sabotaged my planned Monday fast)! Such a lightweight. I was pretty abstemious over Christmas though so I'm going to try for a dryish (sounds a bit damp to me!) January, reducing to only one glass and definitely none during the week. We are at a wedding this Saturday and big party on 17th, so I know I won't be teetotal.
Off to a NY party at 10pm tonight (after hosting a meal here first) for the first time in years, so I have lots of alcohol-free elderflower, fizzy water ready for with my food, or I'll be on my knees/asleep before we get there!!
31 Dec 2014, 11:44
Hello all.

Count me in too. I'm starting 1st January but will be finishing a little earlier (29th Jan) as I'm going away for the weekend. But a full 29 days with no alcohol will still be amazing for me and my liver will thank me. I don't know what I'm going to do in times of stress and when I need a bit of dutch courage, but I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it. :razz:
01 Jan 2015, 09:26
So here we go. "dry January" or Dryathlon , whatever you want to call it we're on it like a car bonnet.....as my daughter used to say when that phrase was cool....prob not any more but I like it.

Check in here for support and advice giving,

I have some non alcohol fizz, which is a pleasant one from sainsburys £2.75 a bottle and loads of cheapo fizzy table water Walsh from sainsbos, 20p for 2lt, not paying 42p for a green bottle.

Who's in?
01 Jan 2015, 09:43
What better day to join the Soberista's Tent than New Year's Day!! :wink:
Hope you all celebrated well last night. My neighbours certainly did. They partied until 4 this morning. Oh boy! As for me? I watched Jools Holland's Hootenanny!
HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone! Hic
Bean xx
01 Jan 2015, 11:54
Count me in. I will be stocking up on my favourite coconut water, schloer and anything else non-alcoholic that takes my fancy. :like:
01 Jan 2015, 12:08
Maybe not the best time of the year to choose to go sober, but me and The DH decided enough is enough and have been 99% sober for the last two weeks - even yesterday ;o But being sober make you being able to drive, so I went out and did some grocery shopping this morning.

The hard part (at least for me) is when I make great food for dinner that just deserve some wine, is to stick with just that 1 glas. But so far so good :)
01 Jan 2015, 17:01
Motherof2 wrote: Count me in. I will be stocking up on my favourite coconut water, schloer and anything else non-alcoholic that takes my fancy. :like:

I love coconut water, but it's so expensive.
Welcome everyone, it's great in here. Think of the extra weight loss too.
01 Jan 2015, 23:05
I enjoyed my slimline tonic water this evening, and the slice of lemon too ! Really fancied a glass of wine while doing the roast dinner though, however, I resisted.
09 Jan 2015, 02:29
How is the Soberista tent going?

I am happy to say I am a week into January and so far, so good. I've been very good, no alcohol and haven't missed it too much. Even better, hubs has joined me (most unusual for him!!) and there is no alcohol in the house and we are not going out to eat and/or drink, so no temptations there. Don't suppose we will be "angels" forever, tho. It is such a help for my willpower when I am not the only one not drinking !!! :victory:
09 Jan 2015, 07:27
Hello lovemyparrot, it's rubbed off onto my hubs too. He's cut down massively and has Becks blue non alco beers. On offer in sainsburys at the moment. Just goes to show that the taste is what we often like and it's not the being drunk that counts, I'm constantly searching for alternative non alco drinks, haven't found a good red wine yet. So will just have to wait till next month.
09 Jan 2015, 07:51
@carieoates@lovemyparrot. Have you tried Clausthauler AF beer? It does not have that funny aftertaste Becks Blue has. OH drinks it as he is not allowed to drink at all now with his heart condition and I prefer it to alcohol free wine. You can get it in Whole Foods and Waitrose, but I suspect it is in most supermarkets.
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16 Next
229 posts Page 7 of 16