The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 2 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
Delighted so many of us are in the same boat.
@carieoates thanks for the bump up to the right area. I did wonder if I'd posted In the right department and by all means drop by any time for a chat :smile:

Mrstee, juliathome & Effie
It's great to have you on board.
Good luck to you all and look forward to sharing the journey with you :smile:
Fasting today.i find the fasting ok but like many it's the in between days.....
I think when I dad it last time and lost the weight I was much more disciplined on non fast days
I did 16/8 most days and just ate a litle more on non fast days.
This time I am finding it much harder to get into the rhythm.
Also, we are going travelling for three weeks .last year in sept we went travelling and that was when I gave it all up
Not sure how I will fast when I can't control my food and count calories.
Will try
Nice to have this tent.
Hi All!

Great idea for a new tent. I, too, restarted the diet at the end of Jan. I initially started in October, and by Christmas had lost about 6 kilos which was fantastic. I think it was sped up by the motivation for the WOE, and this in turn I believe meant that I was eating less on feed days, although I didn't calorie count at all, was just more sensible. I was SO motivated - no amount of doubters or jealous people that tried to make me eat would defeat me. To me, it was all about making the decision. I told myself that my decision was final and I was going to fast 2 days a week no matter what.

I went home to the UK for the first time in 2.5 years for Christmas and it all went out the window. I put on 3.5 kilos while I was there but I had in my head that I would be back stronger than ever in Jan. Since then I've fasted every week, but some weeks missing 1 day and subbing in a couple of 16:8s. I let myself off far more easily now, for instance last week I had a bad day at work and, although what I ate was not bad at all, I doubt it was under the 500 cals.

For me, it's all about making the decision as I said before. However as I'm writing this I'm thinking - I'm too scared to commit to the 2 days a week.

All in the mind isn't it? Scary but also, it means it's all within our power!

Go Team! :victory:
I'm back too....hopefully for the long haul this time.
I was living in France, but am back in the UK now.
My weight has just crept up on me, all sneakily...suddenly there is this round person in the mirror!
SO, back to it. I did my first fast on Monday, went Ok. It was helped by having several cups of liquorice tea...sounds odd, but tastes just like the liquorice root I used to chew on as a child.
Am baby squitting at DD's house this week, so my next fast will be on the way home on Friday.
Good luck to all
Just starting my second fast this week. Am travelling back to UK this morning from Lower Normandy. Am determined to keep my fast days. If I cannot control my evening meal I don't worry, at least I have fasted all day and I can make sensible choices, no bread, pud. We can do this, and yes it is mostly in our minds but be determined. Set your fast days and stick to them. You know we will not expire due to hunger. Hunger is not the enemy. It is so powerful to reach the end of a fast day and know you did it. Ignore the weight side of it, that will reduce but think of the health benefits.
Glad to hear from you all, this is a salutary lesson for the rest of us to NOT fall off the wagon. I hope I never do but if I'm ever tempted then I shall just remember the struggle that you are all having. Thank you ladies for being honest with us and, more importantly, with yourselves. Good luck with your efforts this time round,

Ballerina x :heart:
We'll said Ballerina. When ever i feel tempted to give myself time off from 4:3 I just look at my old photos! I don't want to go back to Mrs Chubby! Also these days you only have to look around you in the supermarket or street to see big people struggling to walk and all they need is 5:2 and I would love to tell them about it.
I can't let myself fall off the wagon ever now. Good luck to you all trying again.....go for it this time!
Hi all!

I have been back and forth over and over again over the last few months. Initially, I started the 5:2 WoL in July of last year and managed to lose just shy of 2 stone. I absolutely loved this lifestyle and found it easy and satisfying.

Then, after a multitude of separate personal dramas occurring all around the same time, combined with being incredibly unhappy where I was living, I gave up. I drowned my sorrows with wine (started to become a very easy and concerning habit) and cheese loaded carbs. This resulted in me gaining back 13 pounds of what I had lost.

Now, thankfully, things are looking up and I am feeling much more content. I have been back on the 5:2 for two weeks now (having completed my second fast of the week yesterday) and I am ecstatic to say that I have lost 6 pounds.

Can't wait to shift the next stone or so, and I am so happy to be back!

It's wonderful to know that when life throws blips at you, this WoL will still be waiting at the end, for when we're ready to return! Best of luck, everyone.xx
Just wanted to report....I have this morning putbon my size 12 jeans expecting the usual battle to do them up and they slid on easily! A little muffin top that is easily hidden by a loose fitting jumper! No more hiding under long tops! Just about to set off on my road trip.
Bon voyage @Bobshouse! and good luck to all returners!
That's great @Bobshouse! No doubt a fantastic feeling!

I dream of size 12 jeans.....so you are an inspiration!

Very well done you!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Well done @Bobshouse.
God that feeling is priceless .
Though it's been a while since I've experienced it, I remeber well the joy of fitting into a size smaller jeans. You feel like dancing round the bedroom like Madonna..... :lol:
Hopefully I'll be doing a similar happy dance soon

Great to have you on board @lornameg & @kelkelkelster
and @pinchypops (6lbs in 2 weeks WOW!!! GO YOU)

2nd Fast of the week for me and I'm in great form
It almost feels like the first time :grin: :grin:

Starting again Rocks :cool:

Good luck eveyone :clover:
I have been away some time , but now I am back!! Doing Mon & Thurs.. 1st fast on Monday and went well not eating until tea time ...I find this suits me better...So glad I am not alone..Good Luck to all Starting Again!! (Watch this space)...xxx
Welcome back Leonie :smile:
Great news bobshouse
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 Next
193 posts Page 2 of 13