The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 3 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 Next
Thank you Emerald17, I feel very motivated!! And thank you for starting this tent,I am looking forward to the journey with you all..xxx :heart:
Please may I come out of the closet where I have been hiding since early LAST year? Although I read this forum every day (sometimes with a biscuit or glass of wine in my hand), if I'm honest, I really haven't given this WOL a real try. Lots of excuses to myself - holiday, family visiting, a very long difficult house move, workmen all over our new home, health scare, another holiday............. And so it goes on. However, reading this topic has switched on the positive light and I have decided to start again. I intend to do 4:3 as I find it too easy to overeat on non fasting days I also will ask Moogie to reset my details so I really start with a clear slate. (When she has time!!)
I am looking forward to a new start and the support that I know will be here.
Sorry for the long rant, but just had to get it off my chest.
You're in good company slimmer
A few of us on here are doing 4:3 for precisely the same reason (overeating on non-fast days)
Delighted you found your way out of the closet, it's much brighter here :smile:

Best of luck this time around :clover:
Hi all, my last weigh in was July 2013. it is quite sad looking at my last recorded weight as I can only dream of that now. I was a bit worried about revisiting the forum but your post has spurred me on. I had forgotten how great this forum is! I would like a clean state on the tracker as I think I will be overwhelmed by the scale of the disaster!! 5:2 really worked for me but it was slow...
Hi mrs H-R
Take comfort in the fact that you're not on your own.
We started at about the same time last year and did pretty much the same thing.
I put back on the 12lbs I lost plus 2 more for good measure !
Let us not despair that we're starting from the beginning again but celebrate that we're here now and didn't leave it another 6 months and put on even more weight.
In fact in 6 months we'll all be clappping each other on the back telling each other how fabulous we are and encouraging others not to be afraid to try again.

Good luck and happy fasting :smile:

P.s love your pic!!!!
Thanks for this thread, Emerald. It started me thinking about how maybe people's bodies react to psychological stress in different ways. Some of us, it seems,when unhappy, worried, whatever, feel an urge to comfort ourselves with food. Some of us (including me) when under mental, emotional stress get a "knot-in-the-stomach", slightly nauseated, don't want to eat feeling. Some 40 years ago when my late husband was terminally ill and we had 2 small children, I got down to a BMI of 16.9--way too thin. I still don't want to eat much if I'm upset.

Maybe these differences are inborn and not anything to beat ourselves up about.
Hi can I join too? I'm a start again-er too although I have been back a wee while.
Started jan 13 & lost 24lbs by July but had to stop due to ill health & by the time I was well enough to start back nov/dec time I had put on 10lb :cry:
Started back again nov/dec which I found hard.
March 2014 had another flare up which resulted in a week off & putting 5lbs on. :cry: :cry:
When my condition flares up I seem to eat,eat,eat - I blame medication & comfort eating.
So I've feel like I've stared back twice ( even though one break was only a week ) & I've found it hard - only now am I starting to enjoy(?) fasting again. You know the feel-good feeling you got at the start.

I do 2.5 fasts a week - I work 3 days : Monday, Wednesday, Friday & now so use to fasting at work on Mondays & Wednesdays that I'm not hungry at work on Fridays so I fast at work on Friday but then have a normal meal at night.
Ok,so tomorrow we leave for our three week holiday,travelling around Ireland and UK.this is big test time for me,as last holiday was when I gave this all up.i am thinking of ways to prevent this.firstly,I think I will keep checking in here.not sure how I will fast as a lot of the time we are doing bed and breakfast so can't really do 16/8 which I like.also worried about fasting as we will be eating out a lot. Tomorrow is the first challenge ,fasting on a long plane trip
Hi @Sarahg I know what you mean about holidays. I worried about how I would get on when we recently went away with friends for a week. I do an eating window every day and thought that this would be impossible so I resolved to only eat protein at breakfast rather than carbs and after a few days I even dropped that and just reverted to no breakfast and felt so much better for it. I came home with no weight gain so it worked a treat for me but you do have to do what suits you and your holiday arrangements. I didn't think I could just have black coffee when all around me were indulging in all sorts of things but it didn't bother me one bit and no one nagged or questioned me as everyone else just accepted that I was not a breakfast sort of person. Good luck and enjoy your holiday,

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks for your comments Marybeth.
I'm not really to inclined to over eat if I'm upset as that whole knot in the stomach feeling definitely diminishes hunger. But I am guilty of overeating when I'm bored and when I'm celebrating.
I just love food..... But i do need to be more mindful of my choices because I also love being slim.
I'm hopeful that fasting will correct the overeating.

Welcome Scotty. The more the merrier.
I'm having a go at 4:3 this time around. Friday is going to be tricky I'm sure but I do have that lovely focused and positive mood at the moment. There's a few here also doing 4:3. Your strategy for fasting on Friday but enjoying a regular meal in the evening is a great idea and one I'd use if I received an irresistible offer to dine.
Good luck with your fasting :clover:

Hi Sarahg.
I hope you have a fabulous trip and I hope you find the Emerald Isle wonderful and welcoming.
Fitting in fasting on holidays can be tricky. I know when I go on hols in a few weeks, I plan on cutting out Breakfast daily. Obviously as you're staying in B&B'S that's not possible and the Irish are famous for their "Full Irish Breakfasts" . But It's your holiday, you don't want to be stressing too much about food as the enjoyment of it is also a big part of the holiday experience and we work hard enough all year round. I'm no expert, but I would be inclined to advise that you just be as mindful as you can with your choices on hols but resolve to log straight back on to the forums on your return. A few pounds weight gain can be rectified with a few weeks of fasting, it's the drifting away completely that can cause real damage.
Have a brilliant time and be sure to pack a brolly!!!!!!!! see you in a few weeks :smile:
Thanks guys
Ballerina ,I would like to do the no breakfast as in the past it worked well for me on holiday,so may try or else skip lunch and then enjoy dinner
I will be in Dublin in a few days,yup flight from australia takes ages
Lol I just packed my brolly.is it cold?
Anyway, I plan to walk a lot and just watch what I eat and might try a fast if I can
Thanks for your encouraging words emerald. I agree with u completely about the bordom eating and celebration eating. My downfall I think that was that I had a stressful situation which required a lot of mental and physical energy and lots of patience the two things I am very low on when fasting. Dealing with it had to come first....and then I was out of the habit. Things are on a more even keel now so fingers crossed....it can be done we know that!
:grin: :lol: :grin:
3lb gone from my first two returning fasts. Let's hope this Bank Holiday weekend doesn't do too much damage.

Keep going keeping going!
Very well done @Effie, don't worry about the bank holiday you'll be looking forward to a fast after it. Good luck as you continue. :clover:
Enjoy your holiday @Sarahg, Great advice you've already been given. I think it's a good idea to skip lunch if you can't skip breakfast and if not don't worry about it and just get back on it when you get home. Good luck on the plane, I remember when I went to Oz, on the flight they're asking if you want something to eat every few hours for 24hr. I'm not really one for airplane food but I went with Singapore airlines and all the Indonesian food was scrummy. Have a safe trip and I hope the weather is nice for you.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 Next
193 posts Page 3 of 13