The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

193 posts Page 4 of 13
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13 Next
That's brilliant @effie.
That should keep you motivated going forward.
Thanks Dee
I plan to check into the forum when I can to keep me motivated
I really don't want to re gain the few pounds I struggled to lose before this holiday
4lbs down after the first fast I've done this time round that I felt comfortable with. I went liquids only which helps me a lot, as I can cope with normal hunger, but when the hunger monster wakes after eating up I'm at its mercy. It was the 4th fast in total but the only one I felt successful at and that I lost weight doing. One more fast this week to go. I am going to keep up the pace whilst I'm motivated.
I'm a start over againer! This is my first week back. I've fasted mon, wed and today (though I did eat 786 cals mon, I did loads and loads of exercise - 1117cals worth, so I didn't beat myself up over extra cals. It was also my first fast back)
This morning, after 2 fasts, I'd lost 3.4lb :grin:
Hi gang.
I'm beyond thrilled to report that I weighed in on Monday at 167lbs
Weight this morning 161 lbs. lbs. so a total loss of 6 lbs!!!!!!!!
I know it's kinda cheating weighing before any fasts then weighing after 3, but I'll take it.
Motivation is sky high now and am determined to keep going .
I'm also delighted to see that I've taken to fasting as easily as I did the first time around. Let's hope it stays that way.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :smile:

Julieathome. 4lbs down. Fantastic result. Hope your 2nd fast went as well :clover:

Karenm, what a great loss after 2 fasts. I see you're going for 3 as well, like me, good luck with it. I know we shouldn't be a slave to the scales but its so nice to see them moving down. Kinda makes you wonder why we gave it up the first time :smile:
Well done you! I hope I do as well next week - I start again on Monday when I get back home.
I've been doing just 16/8 and gluten/sugar freeish for two weeks and feel in need of a full fast so tomorrow, from now, it's on!
Keep me strong ...
Well done Emerald17 fab results!!!! You go girl !!! Xxx :heart:
@effie & @emerald17 great weight loss ladies :like: - I haven't done quite as well but I've lost 1lb this week :smile:
And I'm really chuffed cos it brings my total weight loss to 2 stone exactly ! :victory:
- I'm skipping round the room as I type this lol.

I've not quite made it into "healthy " BMI yet ( not sure I agree with them but using it as a target ) but measured my waist for the first time in ages & it's now just less than half my height & I've lost 6 ins off it!!!!!!!!! Happy Days!!

So to celebrate I met some friends for food & cocktails - Oops - but I've 7 days til next weigh in to work it off lol
What a lovely tent! I'm really enjoying reading in it.
My tip for holidays - I aim to maintain. I'm thrilled if I maintain.as a teacher I get 11 weeks of a year and I have to have a strategy. If hubby's working I just stick to my normal 2 fast days as I have no choice ( hubby is my motivator) when he is off work it's different. We had 5 weeks off in January. So what we do is still fast but modify it. We increase to 3 fast days ( Mon,wed and Friday) food wise. So we stick to normal fast food calories but then we allow wine at night ( no chips,cheese etc those nights but is we really want something we have salsa and vege crudités) . it pretty much worked for me as maintaining in these times but still felt like holidays. This worked also because we were renovating at home and had control over food. It was different when I was in phuket for 10 days. You don't want to miss out on the fun of eating in a new place.as brekky was included in the cost there I just waited till the last minute to go to breakfast 10.45am then had Thai chicken curry or fish in butter ( yum!) Or soup and veges for brunch then I'd order room service for dinner( hubs was at a conference) tried to only eat what I needed and this way I averaged 2 meals a day and unbelievably I lost 1 kg that holiday. Hope some of this helps.
Xxx
Annnnd! Another 2lb, thats 6lb in the first week back. I don't care that its mostly water, I can see my ankles again.
A lovely roast Chicken followed by an Apple Studel and custard for dinner tonight to look forward to.
Thanks so much, slimmer Leonie and scotty. Well done to u too. A 1lb when you're close to target wait is brilliant cause the last few are always the hardest to lose. Keep up the good work!

Azureblue. Sending you lots of good wishes and encouragement to hop back into fasting. Looking at your stats you started the time as me last year but you stuck with it, so fair play to you. You've achieved great results so far so keep going :clover:
How did you find 16/8 worked for you?

Julianna thank you so much for your lovely comments. :smile:
Can't believe you lost weight on hols . If I can get away with a 4lb gain(or less in an ideal world) on my hols I'd be thrilled. You must have been chuffed. I too love my glass of vino but dont think I'm as disciplined as you as the crisps and cheese seem to find their way to the table. That's why it's strictly weekends only for me!

Julieathome I'm delighted for you . Another 2lbs down. Feels great doesn't it :smile:

Lovely chatting with all my fasting friends. Enjoy the rest of Sunday when presumably a lot of us will be fasting again tomorrow.
Who's afraid? Not me :smile: :smile: :smile:
That's great Julieathome - losing 6lbs ( of anything ) in first week back is amazing - well done :like:

Julieathome how are you keeping? Hope you don't mind me asking but I'm sure I read on another thread that you recently had an operation. It sounded a bit similar to an op I had 18 years ago - I had a cervical disc removed, bone graft & plate inserted - that I was just wondering how you were doing?
Hope you're healing well & your pain levels have decreased :heart:
Well here I am ready to start again as promised and, having done the post holiday weigh in, I am heavier than ever. Not unexpected and I feel ready to tackle the mountain.
I really have to have to let this way of life take over and am trying 4:3 as from today.
Good woman slimmer. You can do this.
Hope the fasting goes great for you. :clover:
It's the first of three for me too, so I'll be seeing you on the threads :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13 Next
193 posts Page 4 of 13