The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 41 of 47
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 47 Next
I am here! Feeling glum today, it happens! I have days like today when I am desperate to go back to blighty! Hubby is never sympathetic and always says we have to finish all the work before we sell. I reckon there is about another 3 years of work. I could scream!
Did my baking today and licked the spoon! Tins full again. We also cleaned out the Esse as it was smoking and it is fine again. As we swept the Esse chimney we also did the wood burner in the lounge. Lovely mess! Hubby is now building the stairs in the other small Gite.
My mummy chickens have taken the babies round the garden. It is lovely to watch. We did well this year, 10 chicks. Duck is now sitting too, think she has 20 eggs! They should hatch around the second week of July. If it wasn't for being a foreigner I would be happy here!
Off to put the kettle on for afternoon tea!
Oh @Bobshouse The gite in rural France (memories). sounding idyllic to me and the damp drizzly UK sounding better to you, well you've certainly been busy today more decluttering for you, enjoy your weekend
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Oh Bobshouse, you've got my life and today you don't want it so can I have it back please and you can sit here in the drizzle whilst I look after your little chookies? It was hubs' kidney problems that stopped us from leaving as he would not have been eligible to treatment under the French system at the time so, put your happy face on, have a glass of something nice and enjoy it all xx

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks all. I get very homesick at times. As you say not for one particular thing, it is the whole package. I have lived here full time for nearly five years and my French is pretty good. The culture is so different it sometimes knocks me over. I have met up with a number of expats recently who are going back and that is probably what started this bout up. I love my home and all it entails but sometimes it is not enough. I do count my blessings often and will get back on top before long. Hubby says we will stay another 8 years but I cannot think of that.
Oh Bobshouse I've just got back from a week in Tenerife & sympathise & also feel glad to be home but I don't speak Spanish & disliked all the touristy areas. We also lived in the Middle East for four years but this was in an expat style compound so had plenty of social life & we were able to speak English but I missed the changing seasons & rain! We also lived near Boston in the USA for three months & although everyone was very welcoming we found we missed the UK & in the 70's felt very isolated but that was before the internet & Skype.
I love visiting France & we found it took time to be accepted even speaking our best French but do not know how it really feels to live there. Could you not have an extended visit back here? nowhere is perfect to live & involves compromise but I do feel for you. I have always wanted to keep chickens so give them a smile from me & I hope you feel more settled soon.
I do trips back quite often but expense is an issue. We have modest private pensions. The money we earn from our first Gite goes back into the property for renovations. We live in a beautiful area, no neighbours, no street lights. We are surrounded by fields that either have crops growing or cows grazing. We have no mortgage either so lots to be thankful for. I just miss England.
@Bobshouse what you need is for a whole bunch of us to come out there, camp out in your gite, bring loads of wine, cheeses, chocolates etc and just have a blast with you for a couple of days to cheer you up. I suspect that we may leave you even more down though, just a thought :shock: :lol:

What a lovely thought! Really appreciated. I have the wine and cheese but Cadburys is very expensive here! I usually visit the pound shop on UK trips!
@bobshouse it wouldn't be Cadburys, it would be Moser Roth (Aldi) :cool: :lol: :lol: much nicer!
Big ((((((((hugs)))))))) Bobster@Bobshouse x
Sometimes we can count our blessings til the cows come home ( and yours literally are home! :lol: ) but we just feel low despite it..homesickness is a horrid feeling x x
Silverdarling wrote: @bobshouse it wouldn't be Cadburys, it would be Moser Roth (Aldi) :cool: :lol: :lol: much nicer!

Speak for yourself our Bert, I like Cadbury but if course I could be tempted to try others :razz: Actually, sounds like a plan to me, the Great French 5:2 meet up! yep! like the sound of that. Sorry Bobshouse looks like you may be invaded at some point but don't worry we all take orders for what you miss in UK an no one will turn up empty handed but, your poor husband, oooooh

@Bobshouse was just thinking about yr chicks/ ducks,when i saw my first baby seagull of the year
Every year a family of seagulls moves onto the roof opposite and set up a home behind the chimney
The babies ( or maybe its just one)are so cute,very large,brown and extremely clumsy looking as they bumble around the roof,now and again flapping their wings and doing little jumps!x
My chicks are doing well. Just let them all out and fed everyone! I have to keep counting them which sometimes means picking up mum. They usually drop out of her wings! We have Buzzards here so have to be vigilant. They always bring a smile to my face.
I think the dogs know I am low as they keep trying to wash me and cuddle up. OK with little Frank who is Yorkie size but a problem with Bruno who is a Boxer/Mastiff!
Well I'm dusting down all the furniture in this deserted tent @gillymary I'm obviously alone in here.
Nevermind I can do alone for a while, right I've signed up for the next challenge only setting myself a small doable goal this time as I've failed to meet any goals this year so far.
Tomorrow I'm back on 4:3 and although a busy week planned I'm trying to up my exercise level, more importantly I've got to take into consideration my ever decreasing TDEE that should help plus our lovely weather because I never want to cook indoors
when its so hot.
Feel free to keep me company anyone. :heart: :clover: :like: :heart:
No, I have been on a very big detour! Route barree! Hope tomorrow sees me back on track!
Previous 1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 47 Next
703 posts Page 41 of 47