The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

92 posts Page 1 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
The CompliMENT TENT
21 Jan 2014, 22:16
See what i did there? A little rhyme :wink:
If this is a bad idea thats ok..i ' ll get my coat..
i know we're a very modest lot ( eyebrows shoot up high over my forehead and slide down the back of my head in total surprise at me saying this) :shock:
But why be shrinking violets and hide our lights behind bushels ( whatever they are)
Please report in with any compliment you may receive as you go about your daily business
I don' t want to seem like a bighead but...I would like to register that over the last three days several people have told me how much slimmer i look,specially tum,face and legs! :like: two people told me today that my trousers were practically falling off me :like:
Well this kinda thing is music to our ears isn't it,after all our hard work..so don't be shy,come here to boast,preen and wildly brag about all those wonderful words that are coming your way! :razz:
Re: The CompliMENT TENT
22 Jan 2014, 05:24
I too received some compliments today: Wow, it looks like you are still losing weight. I didn't tell them I'm still fighting those 3 pounds from the holidays, but it sure felt great and I'm sure I stood up straighter:)
22 Jan 2014, 06:37
Yeh it does make you feel good doesn't it and keeps you on track! X
22 Jan 2014, 08:44
Great idea,@candicemarie.
I shall live each compliment vicariously as, apart from hub (who compliments me frequently, I have to say) the dogs have remained silent as to my achievements.
Likewise my 'best' friend (I have documented her refusal to even talk about this a few months ago, though this Christmas I didn't get a size 18 top, but a one size pashmina!! Perhaps that's a compliment?).
To son and family, I'm just 'Mum'!
The chutney doesn't care what size I am either.
And that's probably the sum total of my social circle at the moment, though when the food festivals start again, it'll hopefully be different and I shall find reason to post here.

:bugeyes: :grin: :grin: :grin:
22 Jan 2014, 08:53
I have had 4 recently so I think you have to lose about 2stone before anyone notices!,
22 Jan 2014, 09:02
I like this tent! Just need someone to compliment me now lol!
22 Jan 2014, 09:06
Yes thats true Merlin. I waited a 10 KGS for all the compliments but no one said anything, then at around 15 KGS I think I got 3 compliments in one day! Met my bestie if for lunch today and had my back to her as she approached my table at the cafe. She said "I thought that was you from your hair colour but then not from the body- your so much slimmer" . I couldn't believe it I said ' "but I don't think I've lost anything since I saw you 5 weeks ago ( most of you I've been trying to maintain for that time while on a 5 week family holiday) and she said that she hasn't seen me so slim for a long time. So that was nice. Great thread. Thank you CM. Xxx and PFT you always make me laugh.
Xxx julianna
22 Jan 2014, 09:07
Hi @Babyfish!!! I like your name!!! :like: :victory: :heart: :heart:
22 Jan 2014, 09:10
This time last year I was being beleaguered by compliments, oh, OK, comments then, about my weight loss. I must have been nearing my target weight, ( I had not weighed myself for at least 10 years and now I do it EVERY MORNING, sigh...) and the comments/compliments were coming thick and fast and I was in slim heaven, lovely jubbly. Now that everyone is used to the new svelte me no one says a thing anymore so I love to hear all about the delightful things that you are being told, it takes me back and I re-live those heavenly days again through you all, keep it up boys and girls I am enjoying your journeys as much as I enjoyed my own. And as an afterthought, it seems that you do in fact have to lose at least 2 st for it to be noticeable to others :cry:

Ballerina x :heart:
22 Jan 2014, 09:18
And when, as I have, you lose nearly 4 (actually, nearly 5, but one of those was prior to 5 2), many are wary of mentioning it, in case it's 'not planned'.
22 Jan 2014, 09:26
Lovely idea, thanks CandiceMarie :like:

The last compliments I received was yesterday, about how my face had changed, how we could see dimples that were hidden before, how cute and healthy I look. I mean, before I looked exhausted all the time, with raccoon eyes, to the point I couldn't go out without makeup. Now,I can go out "casual" without looking ridiculous. :cool:
22 Jan 2014, 09:30
Well @PennyForthem I think you are wonderful so there woof woof :smile:

@Ballerina just beginning to read your posts makes me smile, so there :grin:

@Babyfish love your choice of avatar :smile:
22 Jan 2014, 09:33
Great idea Candice bit I don't think,I'll be popping in this tent anytime soon. As Oates famously said "I'm going out...and I may be a while" However, to end on a positive note and with what has just been voted the most famous line from a film..."I'll be back!"

Bean :grin:
22 Jan 2014, 09:40
Oooi @nursebean you are so very witty, see back sooner than you thought
22 Jan 2014, 09:47
*wipes away a little tear* thank you @gillymary (did you get the little twitter guide?)
@nursebean I enjoy your lovely comments, so don't go anywhere, jumping bean!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
92 posts Page 1 of 7