The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

92 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Re: The CompliMENT TENT
08 Apr 2014, 21:25
I wonder if your measurements are shifting in the last 3 months so you look slimmer now @CandiceMarie or maybe you were wearing more slim fitting clothes than usual? Any way, that must have felt nice to get that compliment plus you scored some clothes!
I received a few compliments on Monday. Sometimes I teach a casual day at different schools. I was teaching at a schooI i hadn't been to since November. I had at least 3 teachers say " you're looking well" which is nice but one lovely teachers aide said that I looked amazing and I've lost so much and she saw me walk across the playground from the office window and she wanted to shout out the window at me but thought she better not!
Xxx
08 Apr 2014, 21:55
Where did you hide this thread? You are such busy beans I can't keep up!

Lovely thread ... parts felt like a good stand up fast day comedy. :lol:

No compliments have come my way yet.... I live in the short tent - a stone down ...... another few pounds might provide some mouth leverage! Let's see. :wink:

Bedtime - tis midnight in the UK. :sleepy:

Lizbeanx :heart:
09 Apr 2014, 00:23
This is a great thread! I haven't had any real compliments yet, unless you count my dad poking at my middle and telling my mom, "she's looking good!" But I think maybe he was just saying it to encourage me, since he knows how hard I've been trying to lose these final 10 lbs since having my second child... cough, cough.... 3.5 years ago! I was feeling insecure, so I had to bust out my Progress Tracker and show him that yes, indeed, I have lost (a little) weight!

The weight is coming off too slowly for most other people to notice :( I will see a bunch of friends who I haven't seen in a long time at an upcoming event-- but I think the last time I saw them I was more or less the same weight as I am now-- I just gained it all back and then lost it again in the interim! Will let you know!

Ah well, keep the lovely compliment train, I will live through you all.
15 Apr 2014, 11:17
This is absolutely amazing - the last two days I have got more compliments at work than combined for years. Some has to do with the lesser me, but some about my looks - BB cream on face, hair in the tiniest ponytail ever and the Michael Kors Lipstick made people go Oh you look great!!". :cool: One said I looked sophisticated and elegant...me :shock:
Imagine - at my age and everything LOL.
15 Apr 2014, 12:06
Met someone I haven't seen since last September. She gawped at me - and then said...'I didn't know if it was you or not!!' I told her I am a third less the woman I was! She then demonstrated, none too favourably, I might add, the shape I used to be!!!
15 Apr 2014, 13:09
That's fab Wolfie :like:

Penny, it never fails to amaze me how thoughtlessly some people pay a compliment :confused:
15 Apr 2014, 14:25
I agree with winsome..people do give backhanded compliments sometimes!
Well so what @PennyForthem Pens...all the more satisfying for you that you no longer fit that old shape! :like:
Enjoy the compliments @wolfie! Just lap them up! X
15 Apr 2014, 20:38
Had some compliments at last 3 in one night!!!
Two friends I was out with for a meal who tell me every time they see me (monthly) that I seemed to have lost more despite my 18 week plateau I'm convinced tonight was because I wore no coat so looked slimmer maybe and they'd not seen my outfit.
Bumped into an ex work colleague and she was gobsmacked no other word for her compliments all lasting 10 seconds before moving quickly onto
herself/work/holiday/kids other exwork friends, no problems I know the green eyed monster when I meet her. :shock: success I'd say. :clover: :clover:
15 Apr 2014, 20:43
Good on you @Sue.Q and I bet lots more compliments will be coming your way over the next few months! :like: :like:
16 Apr 2014, 18:31
Good for you susieQ!@Sue.Q x :like:
24 Apr 2014, 14:24
I met up with a long-time friend from overseas who I hadn't seen for six years. She told me how amazing I looked. It felt great getting dressed ready to meet her - of course looks don't matter, it's the person inside that counts and all the rest, but isn't it nice to be pleased with what we see in the mirror instead of depressed and trying to hide the bulges etc, especially when we meet up with someone we haven't seen for ages! She looked great too, also does, but this is probably the first time I haven't felt like the ugly sister to her Cinderella.
24 Apr 2014, 14:33
Oh thats brilliant @kentishlass!
Yes personality is what matters but it makes life sweeter when we feel happy in our own skin x
But i bet you never look like an Ugly Sister x
24 Apr 2014, 16:57
I was complimented on my weight loss in Church, on Good Friday, while eating Hot Cross Buns I'd made for everyone - not sure that was quite appropriate :grin:

They asked me how I did it, and I raved about 5:2, and it was greeted with approval. I was told not to lose anymore, or I might disappear - I think they pushed that one a bit far :grin: :grin:
24 Apr 2014, 22:11
The other day I caught up with several groups of friends I hadn't seen for over a year but only the ones who knew we are on the diet gave us compliments and wanted to know more about the diet. But my biggest compliment came from my hairdresser who said my hairstyle should be changed (shorter) to frame my thinner face. He had started 5:2 himself as so many of his clients were raving about it.
12 May 2014, 11:49
My husband called me 'skinny' a couple of times over the weekend. I know it's relative to what I was rather than absolute but was nice to hear anyway :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
92 posts Page 5 of 7