The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

123 posts Page 4 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9 Next
Re: The Fast-5 Tent
01 Apr 2014, 20:20
I do 5:2 and 16:8 on the other 3 days but fast 5 sounds like something I would like to have a go at. However, I don't think I could do it at weekends.

I am 5'4 and at my target of 9 stone. I would be happier at 8 stone 8lbs but I'm not sure that I could get there. I am having a little milestone rest where I am now and will try for the next 6lb over the summer. Thank you for this interesting thread.
03 Apr 2014, 15:28
I am easing myself into 16:8, but am considering doing fast 5 for a few days a week as an option. Please keep this forum going!
07 Apr 2014, 22:10
Wednesday will be my completion of 3 weeks doing Fast-5. I am doing ok, some days it is hard to get to my eating window, especially last week because it was my daughters spring break. I think I had a couple of 6 hours windows during that week. I don't feel too bad about it, what I don't like is my binges... OREOS!!!!! I hate them because I love them. No more oreos in my house once we finish that box! I've been eating too much sugary stuff in general and the metallic/bitter taste in my mouth is driving me crazy!!!!!
Oh well, not a very positive post, but I am not giving up...
08 Apr 2014, 06:00
My fast-5 went well yesterday, water and black tea at work, then bubbly, Indian Takeaway, and wine at a house warming. Might do it again today, as I'm out for pre-theatre dinner. My only worry is its not going to be a very nutritious week, but it will be a fun one :grin:
08 Apr 2014, 08:09
Hi @Iztla, glad to hear you are still hanging in there. Six hour window is a pretty good response to a change in your routine. As for the binging, Dr Herring says that it will die away naturally - we hope! Most days I succeed in having my salad and omelette or fish and veg first and save my more bingy foods - how many pistachios does a normal person eat in one go? :lol: - until later so I have to stop when the window closes.

Weight steady this week. Very hungry for 3 hours before my window yesterday. This may have been because I had an earlier window on Sunday, or because I had a small fish and chips (more carbs) on Sunday. Can never work it out, just grit my teeth.

Greetings and good luck to all who are trying out the eating window method.
09 Apr 2014, 16:46
Hey @barbarita, thanks for your encouraging words. I completed 3 weeks already! I cannot believe it, time really flies! I have lost 6 pounds already!
Yesterday was a weird day, I fasted until almost 6pm because I was busy but once I started eating I was ravenous! I almost ate a whole chicken, hahah! Well, not exactly but I devoured a couple of rotisserie chicken thighs, chips, bread... really not healthy but I was in a very strange mood, couldn't help it. I guess, late eating windows don't work for me. I do better when I start eating at around 3:30 - 4pm and start with a fruit, cheese and crackers and then have dinner later with the family.

I hear you about the pistachios, at least I don't have that temptation because my daughter is allergic to nuts so I decided not to keep any in the house. But I am going to be travelling with my husband in a couple of weeks and we love pistachios and red wine together, so that will be my treat.

Are you exercising? That is my next challenge, I really need to start moving and hopefully with the warmer weather I will get motivated to at least go for a walk every day.
09 Apr 2014, 18:32
@Itzla

Congrats on the 6 lbs gone! I have days when I seem to eat like a horse but no harm done in the long run <insert icon for crossed fingers>.

Yes I am exercising, I set up a thread in the Progress Journals promising everyone that I would do a ramble or a jog/walk every day for a month. Even though what I do is fairly modest compared to the half marathons and such like some of our fellow fasters are training for, it is hard to get out on some days and if I wasn't doing the challenge I would stay home on the sofa. My last day is Easter Sunday, after that I am going to allow myself one day off a week if I want. Still on the rare mornings when it is not foggy, raining or windy I do enjoy myself.

Do you enjoy hiking or biking?
13 Apr 2014, 20:28
Good for you on the jog/walk, I bet you will keep doing it or at least I hope. I know for me the hard part is to get started. I love biking so need to work on convincing myself to bike a few times per week and hopefully I keep adding up days or minutes. I have no excuse anymore since the weather is beautiful these days.
14 Apr 2014, 17:47
Hi fellow fivers just popped in to say hello, 4 weeks of supreme indulgences, no bust windows though, and little or no weight gain, how good is that? Most days we had egg and bacon rolls for lunch and then dinner later so I'm amazed that I've come home the same size as when I left. It was lovely to see you again @Barbarita on Saturday, looking forward to the next meet up.

Ballerina x :heart:
14 Apr 2014, 18:54
@barbarita I'm doing the 5x50 challenge which is 5k or 30 mins exercise per day for 50 days. I did it last year and finished it with a Race for Life. Looking forward to being able to have one day a week off!
14 Apr 2014, 20:35
Hi @loulou51 I have heard of this but only a few days before it started, and I couldn't get the hang of registration. Maybe next year. All the best, I have 6 more days to go!
15 Apr 2014, 17:39
I weighed myself this morning and I am up 4 pounds. I'll see tomorrow on my official 4 full weeks of Fast-5. I am not giving up, just surprised about it. And next week is a big challenge for me. I am going to Florida on a business trip and it may be hard to stick to my window but I will at least skip breakfast and limit the amount of snacks.
15 Apr 2014, 18:14
Oh dear @iztla, sorry to hear about your hiccup aka a gain. Surprised but not worried is a good way to deal. I hope your business trip has some enjoyable aspects, not just work - maybe the chance to catch some good food :grin: ?
18 Apr 2014, 02:15
My official weigh in was not too bad, lost again 2 pounds compared to the day before, so overall I have lost 4 pounds in 4 weeks which is a great average! I hope to continue losing at that rate in average knowing that there will be ups and downs in the process! And I sure expect an up next week but I will do my best to be reasonable :)
24 Apr 2014, 12:57
Here you are @Sarahg and was it @izzy
I also pop 2 of these days per week in now. :clover: :clover:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9 Next
123 posts Page 4 of 9