The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

194 posts Page 13 of 13
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Slimmer wrote: Ssure, yes thats right, though what's wrong with Rock Ferry these days? The waterfront has beeb revampt and the views are great.
X

@Slimmer, I was in New Brighton yesterday, walked for miles along the prom, then went to Thornton Hough, Raby and Parkgate. Had a lovely afternoon!
Just been catching up on posts here as I know where you're all coming from.........

I've got over 5st to lose (have lost over 1.5) and am about a size 20 (although my trousers did fall down today whilst I was running holding a kitten - fortunately not in public view!)

I had a few months of not fasting but got back into it last week and have started a new exercise regime this week (3 fairly hard classes down).

I have also got myself a Fitbit and am much more aware now of my activity levels.

Feeling much better for it - just need to keep it all up now (including the trousers!)

Best wishes to everyone who has reason to be in this tent :like: :like: :like:
@Slimmer and @SSure

I love the Rock Ferry song by Duffy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1chsjVpDwk&sns=em

I love West Kirby/ NewBrighton/ Thurstaston/ Parkgate/Heswall/Neston,specially the market, and Birkenhead Park and Market..very fond memories of these places and looking forward to many more visits x oh and best of all,Brimstage!
@CandiceMarie, there is so much I'd like to say to you but I've been on the juice so it might be a bit garbled.

Firstly, I'd like to remind you that losing a stone in a year is quite an achievement as most people only lose 3 - 5lbs on any other diet after a year.

Secondly, you liked it when you had lost 2 stone and then that bloody chimp sabotaged your human! Have you read The Chimp Paradox yet? Mmm... quite enlightening about the way we behave an why. You need to learn to manage your chimp.

What has happened in the past can't be changed, you are still here for the same reason you joined in the first place - that and the fact that we have all become friends but we do have a common goal. As you know there are a lot of us that keep just plodding on, @Sue.Q with her wise words to name one, but we are all better off than when we started.

I'd love to meet up with you and give you a big hug...maybe one day.
Wise words from someone who has been on the turps!!
I have read the book and am on the way to managing my chimp; I am going to reread it and go through the exercises as it pertains to self-sabotage, something I am prone to.
We all need to be kind to ourselves!
I am reading it too.
Wise words from the hiccuping wise....wild one.
Hello CandiceMarie and SSure.
I am only 15 minutes from all these places and yes, the Wirral is a lovely and interesting area. As my dear departed Father used to say, "God's Little Acre"
X
Just read what I wrote last night and it all makes sense :grin: .

@CandiceMarie, the other thing I forgot to mention was that every now and then I have spells where I do 4:3. I do that because I know I will lose a pound a week. On 5:2 I tend to maintain. I'd rather not be doing 4:3 because it feels more like a diet but I'd quite happily do 5:2 for the rest of my like. However, that does tell me that I am overeating on non fast days. If I'm honest I'll have my 'good' lunch but finish it off with a packet of crisps and a bar of Moser Roth, I'll finish my dinner off with a couple or 4 biscuits and another Moser Roth then later in the evening I'll go mooching for some other junk. The problem is, I eat chocolate, biscuits and crisps because I like them. My personal challenge now is to sort out all that and have my 'treats' once a week. The only problem there is willpower! Do you see a theme here? I keep giving my self reasons why I can't do it! Mmm.....

Like you @Debs I have read The Chimp Paradox but not actually practised the exercises. I read it on my kindle and I'd forgotten all about it so I'm not sure where those comments came from last night. What I think I'll do is buy a copy of the paper book and leave it on my bedside unit as a constant reminder to go through it again. I found the book so helpful.
I'm with you @Wildmissus, it is my non fast day that I need to clean up and push back when my chimp tells me I can eat what I want as I am not fasting, hence wanting to go back and do the exercises. I am going to try calorie counting on the days I am not fasting, apart from one treat day. I am not sure I can manage an eating window as my days are so long so waiting until 4 or 5 pm every day is a long time when I get up at 4.30am.
I had to look in the mirror when I was exercising and didn't much like what I saw. :cry:
Aah thanks for yr kind words @wildmissus and sending (((((((( cyberhugs))))))))) to you
I havent heard of the Chimp Paradox but now i am on a mission to get it!
I read a book called My Secret Gorilla which was fiction but ive got a feeling Chimp may well behave like Gorilla..always whispering in the author's ear x x x
Well I am glad of the company on what seems to be a longer journey than expected. We are surrounded by temptation aren't we? Also there is what is going on in our lives, our habits, our jobs, our responsibilities and our need to nurture ourselves. I'll stop now. ..you get my drift.

Mine must be a sugar chimp lately who want me back to where I was. I am resisting and persisting and learning while I go? Hang in there everyone - we can do this.
@wildmissus, if I could catch that chimp, I would skin him and stuff him with stuffing and put him in the back of the cupboard...FOREVER! :bugeyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol: @chinchin. It also makes me laugh that our chimps all seem to be male!
Hmmm @wildmissus, no wonder he's so tricky and hard to catch lol :grin:
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
194 posts Page 13 of 13