The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

194 posts Page 9 of 13
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Yesterday was a successful fast day so I have my fingers crossed that its me getting back on the wagon. My attempt today at low carbing failed utterly as we were at a car auction and they only has burgers, sausage baps and bacon baps, oh and cakes. So instead of declining I pigged out on a breakfast bap followed by home made rich fruit cake. I've been paying for the carb overload all day.

BUT, a big BUT. I am feeling grand, my pain levels are really low, I'm nearly off all my meds, the brain fog is clearing and I'm coping at the gym. Life is good.
@Sue.Q i found the back to back challenging! :shock: as i did the ADF :shock:
Think at heart i am a plain n simple 5:2 er :wink: which wd be fine if i could keep feed days under control.
Folks i feel so fed up today..not well enough to do much...yet there's a riproaring weekend coming up..three good gigs thurs/ fri/ sat / sun..The annual LightNight on friday ( lots of exhibitions,events,shows etc going on til very late) Friends up from " down sarf"..Not forgetting the Friday Meetup..
Would have to be a saint not to feel a bit p'd off today wdnt i ... Hopefully i' ll at least see my down sarf friends for a cuppa but apart from that,probably stuck home wrestling with fasts! Gahhhh!
Well I'm in here despite the fact that hubs reassured me I look slimmer - yes, I do but my pic on my desktop reminds me of how far (5 stone) I have to go back to where I want to be. I have rolls where I don't want them and bits chafe - that's just fat I'm afraid and I'm not afraid to admit it! I haven't recorded my weight on the tracker for almost a month, which isn't like me, simply because it went up and I couldn't bear to do it! So I've been waiting until it's back down to where it was - I'm a pound off so hopefully can resume recording on Friday and try not to think how far this detour has set my end date back!

Onwards and downwards!
@CandiceMarie enjoy your time with your friends from down sarf. Lol
@Madcatlady We can win this battle and being truthful and honest even if its only to yourself is the key so you've confessed and hopefully repaired the damage.
I've achieved nothing all year and 2 days ago on my holiday I felt fine even though I'd had a carb overload today I feel dreadful and my water retention is really a bad from the plane journey I did forget to get on scales but I will on Friday and update my tracker whatever the damage is
( feels really bad, even maybe worse than the 5k last hol)
I know where my mistakes were and still kept eating rubbish but had no breakfast cereal or bread but they were the only banned foods so I will update my tracker,
together we can restart the year right here.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
I think that i have been posting on the wrong thread! I am fat and have over four stone to lose - probably more according to Bert Herrings' 19:5!!
I have jumped tents from the scenic journey (which explains my going up and down the same pounds since last November (14.8 - 13.13) and others...?) I go down and feel everything is alright with the world and then the next day I go up and feel totally useless and depressed.
I don't have a hang up as to saying I am fat, as I have acknowledged this for some time BUT I want to be healthier, possibly not going down the Diabetes road, and living longer! I have lost nearly 3 stone but like so many of us in this tent, I have loads more to go. In my mind, having had a good fast or 16:8, 19:5 (whatever) I feel really good and slim BUT Saturday night I am out to a 'posh' do, wearing a dress that is lilac and not black, which fits (but could do with a bit of ease?! :smile: ) and I am sure it will be fine except that it is Thursday now, and I'm thinking perhaps I have a little black dress I can hide in..NO I'm going to wear purple with pride! (Isn't there a poem about dying your hair purple when you get old?? That's definitely me, with my grey hair!!
HJ
Hi @Hilaryjane its ok to go between the tents,i always pop into ones i have no business in at all..the maintaineers and so on,but youre made welcome everywhere
Yes go for the purple,sounds lovely..i am always tempted into wearing black as i feel more comfy ( i.e. Less conspicuous) but summer is here..plus sometimes black can be fattening and quite unforgiving xx
Was shown a pic today of a slim 25 yr old me..oh dear where did she go,that laughing slim young woman! :shock: and where did the almost 40 years disappear to?
Ooh yes....it is one of my favourite poems:-

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people's gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

Jenny Joseph

I am sure you will look lovely in your shade of purple - go along & enjoy yourself!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Thank you so much for the poem.. It still makes me laugh! Perhaps I should take it to my hairdresser the next time I go! Apparently, if you are grey, one should dye the underneath with colour.. as in a bob hair cut, the top is grey yet underneath you choose a different colour.. pink, blue, green, purple!! (Only one at a time :smile: )
Thank you also for your kind words and candicemarie (Sorry I haven't worked out tagging, or avatars (wasn't that a movie?) or pictures.. although you are so good! Where do you get your attachments from?) I will one day post a picture but not only am I a technophobe but ..pictures don't come easily to me..
HJ
HJ @hilaryjane they are just pics i have on my ipad..some i transfer from my camera to ipad,some are pics i see on other sites or google and i just ahve to click " save image" a d they go into my photo stores
I think on a laptop you have to copy and paste pics,i cant remember,just got my laptop back from the menders,havent used it for so long,I' m no longer sure how to use it! :?: x
Hi LL here, and boy are my legs lardy, I have been clothes shopping for Hols, I wear knee length shorts or crops usually, but as its hot here and going to be hotter in Turkey I thought I would try a pair of normal length shorts, not a good idea :roll:, but I had a sod it moment and tried a bigger and baggier size, not to be seen in public but ok for in the apartment and on our garden.
Changing the subject,some months ago I told myself not to read anymore books re ways of eating because they just confuse me, so what have done, downloaded The Low-GL diet Bible by Patrick Holford,I saw an article of his on HealthsightUK site. For the past 3 years I have been low sugar WOE but never thought too much about GL. What I did find interesting in the book was about food intolerances, he said if your body doesn't like certain foods it can hang on to weight while it fights the allergens. I had a test last year and apart from cows milk I have still been eating what the test said I have intolerances too, i.e. eggs, celery, wheat and legumes. I still eat hens eggs and I have lots of celeriac and lately been having more bread than I had last year. So I have probably been sabotaging myself.
So having read this book I decided to change my eating habits last week. I don't normally have breakfast, and no snacks inbetween meals. Last week I had a low GL granola with almond milk around 8am. 2 nairns oatcakes with a slurp of almond butter at 10am. Lunch was full fat yogurt with berries and ground seeds, dinner meat & green veggies.
Result 4lbs lost in 7 days. :lol: Just in time to put it back on next week on Hols :razz:
Forgot to add Monday this week was a good fast day, Thursday ended up a low cal day.

See you all when I get back. Be good.

LL (Chris x )
4 lb off in 7 days and 5 sleeps til yr hol! Sounds good LL!
Maybe get some fake tan on them limbs before you go x!
V interesting about the allergies..i think Patrick Holford usually speaks sense..
You must feel fab such a good weight drop in a week! And if you put some back on while on yr hollybobz,well thats what hols are for! Deal with any damage when you return,but you may find you only put say a pound on, two pound.....in which case you're still 2-3 down :like: xx
HI all, I'm visiting the tent. After 2 weeks of no fasts, the first time in over a year that I've taken a break, visiting Adelaide and Melbourne and then my mother dying - I feel fat, I look fat ..... therefore I conclude I am fat. I'm back on fasting as of Monday, tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it and hoping I will immediately get back to where I should be and where I want to be- under 70 kg by the end of May. We'll see. We'll all get there, that's for sure, but it just takes some of us a bit longer than others. xxxxx
Great to see you @sallyo Sending big hugs your way..good on you getting straight back into yr fasts and good luck with yr target :like: :heart: x
I still do!
But after an ADF week,i feel soooo unbloated which helps a lot! :like:
Hi @CandiceMarie, it feels great when our bodies respond, doesn't it?
My wily, conniving body adjusts easily to any changes I make, wanting always to maintain the status quo. For example since mid February until May I was doing 5:2 and was losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over again. Then I tried 16:8 for a week and didn't lose or gain a thing! Since starting 4:3 on May 1st (plus low-carbing it) I have started to slowing lose the weight again - just under 3 pounds from then to now. I make sure that the difference between the fast days and feast days are as great as possible thereby keeping my body constantly guessing. On weekends I eat "normally" whatever that is!
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
194 posts Page 9 of 13