The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

194 posts Page 11 of 13
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
oh Bugger it Candy, you've gone and done it,

Nice to say these things out loud, I know that. And as it happens I was having the same convo with a mate of mine at class last night, a girl one year younger than me with girls aged 4 and 6, has lost 4 stone and exercises more than me...... But.......PMA candy

Repeat after me, P.M.A
Now go fetch your saddle Hun.
Too often in this sort of things, it's our emotions that rule our behaviour and therefore our outcomes rather than our rational brain.

Of course you're correct about the health benefits. And, if some of us will need to dress carefully to conceal loose skin etc. - so be it. As you say, it's so much better than the alternative even if there are days when that doesn't feel true.

Our self-sabotage messages have this sort of thing off to a fine art, don't they. :oops:
My fasting reached as far as OH opening his birthday truffles and waving them under my nose today. OH GOD! Delicious. Been downhill ever since.
A whole fresh new day of possibilities tomorrow :0)
Ahh well AB @AzureBlue youve just gotta celebrate birthdays of nearest and dearests! X we still have lives to live and we can't swerve all the good times,otherwise we wdnt last long. X happy birthday ABOH! X
Sorry you're finding it hard @candicemarie, I feel your pain as I've also struggled for most of the year. I've been super motivated since you got me to do the back to basics Monday last week, thank you for getting me back in the zone. Sending you loads of good vibes and feel good factor over the interweb. :) :heart:
Glad you're back in the zone@justdee STAY there! :like:
I keep slipping in and out of it! :razz: xx
@CandiceMariejust saw this thread and thought I might start one that is called I feel much slimmer, I look much slimmer, I AM much slimmer :grin: because I think that might be true...well 2/3RDS of it :cool:
CandiceMarie wrote: Anyone slim reading this: never ever allow yourself to grow fat! Believe me,just don't X

Ah, but @CandiceMarie, many of us reading this are slim - but we know all too well what it's like on the other side. We don't have to believe you - we can just look back a year or two! Hang in there!
@GMH feeling,looking slimmer is worth celebrating with a thread,and surely must mean you ARE getting slimmer..and even if we're not really feeling or looking slimmer,it's really helpful if we can talk ourselves into that frame of mind xx
@wendyjane that's a very good point you make...sometimes i forget that,thanks for the reminder and the encouragement! xx
Ps I' m awake with tummy rumbles after fasting..i know by morning they' ll be gone and i won't be hungry,but for now i'm planning what to have for brekkie! :razz:
@CandiceMarie it was you I was talking about :victory: you said you have lost a lot of weight :like: so you must , look and be slimmer, so now you just have to feel it. :victory: :victory:
Thanks @GMH i lost two stone,put a stone back on,so i often forget that i HAVE actually lost some weight... :like: gosh I am so dozy at times! :doh:
CandiceMarie wrote: Thanks @GMH i lost two stone,put a stone back on,so i often forget that i HAVE actually lost some weight... :like: gosh I am so dozy at times! :doh:
@CandiceMarie, it's far too easy to forget how far we've come when we're frustrated with current plateaus. We overlook a 30lbs loss because we're stalled at 10lbs out from our intermediate/final goal, get so frustrated at our 'lack of progress' that we go off plan, gain some back, enter a futile shame cycle in which we gain more - and as the others have said, still seem not to notice that we're down on the initial weight.

At such times, I have to keep telling myself: "Progress, not perfection", "The Best is the enemy of the Good", "It's all still less weight on the joints".
CandiceMarie wrote: I feel like Homer in The Simpson episode where he puts on so m uch weight,the only thing he can wear is a mu mu! :lol: x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CD, behave yourself, I can remember when the only thing I could fit into comfortably was the wardrobe :shock: You are one of the most beautiful women I have met, both inside and out, so stop beating yourself up about a few pounds of unwanted, but only by you, flesh. What you have to remember is that a big heart needs a lot of room, now, get back to fasting toot sweet. Don't make me have to come back to Liverpool to give the message in person, oh, actually, that sounds like fun, it would be lovely to meet up again, take care lovely lady

Ballerina x :heart:
Candy, I feel your pain and angst, my friends. It's a daily 'thang', isn't it? What to eat? What not to eat? What to wear? Or not?
But as long as you're still having that conversation with yourself, you're still in control.

We did talk about another Liverpool meet. I hope @ballerina, @callyanna and @merlin can come too. Everybody welcome!
Please may I come too? I live just over the water and would love to meet some of my virtual friends.
X
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
194 posts Page 11 of 13