The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

194 posts Page 10 of 13
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
We have to sneak up on ourselves@swan51! Crazy but true! :lol:
Always trying to keep one step ahead of evolution etc etc!
Grrr i know that " putting on,taking off the same two pounds " scenario only too well!
I feel like my body is a tantrumy toddler who doesn't want to give up its toys ( for toys read fat) at those times
Glad you're seeing some progress..it's more likely to stay off it's slow x stay strong! :wink:
Hi all! I just wanted to let you know that I often pop into this tent. I really admire your determination and your positive attitudes. I wish you all the very best.

Cheers! :D

PS CandiceMarie, as you can see, I have my history back. Yeah! Thanks Moogie and the tech team :)
@Sassy1 i was just about to say,ooh you have yr proper status back :lol: !
Thanks for popping in,and for yr good wishes xx
I am happy to announce I can leave this tent. Today I am wearing size 12 jeans with a short jumper. I have binned my big baggy cardigans, never to be worn again. Yes my tummy is still a bit obvious but hardly. Since coming back I have only lost 7lbs but my fat is definitely shifting. I will call in to meet old friends though and celebrate as you all eventually leave this tent. Thank you for all the help.
Oh well,done @bobshouse! * big fanfare to accompany your ceremonious departure*
Massive congrats and glad you' ll pop back to cheer us on! X x :like:
Hiya

First week back at work after my weeks hols. No fasting of any kind, why is it so hard to get back into the zone? I put 2lbs on during hols which came off within a couple of days of being back. I put the loss down to lack of alcohol beverage and getting back to normal routine with meals. Being a bit warm in Turkey the liquid refreshment was flowing. :razz:
Well done to @Bobshouse :victory: hope to see you here as a visitor not a resident like me.
Its my first time on the new format, I have to find my diary page now :confused: I had chloresterol check today so I've got to update my page, at least I can keep that within healthy margins so I must be doing something right.
A small result, when I joined this tent I took lots of measurements and my legs have lost 1/2 inch all the way down woo hoo .
LL (chris x)
Hi chriso57
Glad you had a good hol x
Hey you did well only putting on 2 lb and losing it so fast on yr return!
Well done on the legs! I've found ive lost quite a bit from my chunky trunks too,right from the start..have never lost weight from my legs before x
Will keep an eye on this tent as there are lots of lovely people. Also I know how it feels to be in here and how fantastic it is when you can leave.
I seem to have been creeping into the 1700 calories a day range this week while getting to grips with no sugar/no grains. Must keep a count for a week or two to get that down to 1400's I think, at least most days of the week anyway. So easy to take your eye off the ball *topical cliche/analogy* when you're concentrating on another aspect innit. Still 16/8ing, probably should up that to 17/7 too.
Very much feel like the title today - or indeed,feel like i would be best off wearing a Tent rather than writing in one!
I bought three or four tops this week on ebay..all rather nice,all just that little bit tight. Comforting myself by saying they mustnt have been generous sizes and thats why they were on ebay!
Annoying too.. Finding a few tops are now too big round my shoulders and chest while still firmly glued to my hips :confused: gahhhhhh!
On the subject of wearing tents,anyone remember the fashion for Tent dresses back in the sixties...hmmmm wonder if i could resurrect it?
I feel like Homer in The Simpson episode where he puts on so m uch weight,the only thing he can wear is a mu mu! :lol: x
I always wear a pretty necklace when feeling fat, attracts the eye to that rather than my waistline!
We all have days when we feel fatter for some reason. Just keep plodding Candice, you will get there!
Bless you CM, I do remember those dresses :0@
I was fashionably stick insect pre-babies but wore them when pregnant. Could do with the lovely Liberty flower print one I had today!
I am finding clothes very tricky for fit too. I seem to be between sizes, sort of size 15, which is much better than the size 19 and 17 I have been since Jan 2013, but not much use when you fancy something new.
Oh well, on we go {{{+}}}
Yes girls,pony up and ride our horses..giddy up! :lol:
Here I come, popping in to say nay! Oh it may feel like a slow journey, but 'horse' it feels fabulous once we start to move forward. So to help momentum do come by the walkers tent to clip clop and hear about the lovely scenery, about to buy the pedometer @Sallyo recommended! :wink:
Feel the need to drag this thread back into the spotlight coz am very much feeling all three of those statements! Anybody else?
Having a successful fast day today tho ...bumpy morning,smooth afternoon,nearing feeding time now. Yummers. :razz:
BUT have been trying to work out for ages WHY... (A) I' m allowing myself not to lose,thru too indulgent feed days ..and (B) why am i so negative this year? Not a negative person per se but..Since January i havent lost,have gained half of my previous loss,and its all because of my negative thoughts leading to negative actions.
Finally realised today where all them nasty neg thoughts are coming from...
..i do want to lose weight for health and cosmetic reasons,and i do want to fit back into a lot of clothes idling on their rails BUT my ageing body doesnt look good ( previously slim smooth upperarms now resemble lumpy custard,legs that were always too short,but could be displayed,have grown treetrunky. Full busty bust is now droopy and i have an apron tummy.)
Anyway its just struck me that noticing all these ' flaws' each day has sort of set up a subconscious " what's the use " feeling of " all is lost" .. :confused:
but of course it isnt..even if fasting doesnt have the yet to be proved health benefits,losing weight doubtless does lessen chances of having heart attack/ stroke/ diabetes..and this is more than enough incentive surely for anyone sensible? Plus looking better even if having to cover up said chubby arms/ legs.
Anyway just wanted to write it all down ....will go in kitchen now and slap myself round head with a wet lettuce ( in absence of jane's fish)and try yet again to get on track and stick to it ( but ..gah!..don't you just sometimes get fed up with the struggle of it all?) :curse:
Anyone slim reading this: never ever allow yourself to grow fat! Believe me,just don't X
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
194 posts Page 10 of 13