The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

164 posts Page 3 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
What constitutes over-exercising? Is that a personal thing based on condition? Dr. Amanda Sainsbury-Salis recommends 8K-12K steps per day walking, so I'm assuming that's nowhere near overexercising. Thanks so much!
To me, over exercising would be doing HIIT every day. I think high intensity exercise should be limited to 3-4 days a week. I think walking every day is perfectly fine. Just my opinion, of course.
Lori wrote: To me, over exercising would be doing HIIT every day. I think high intensity exercise should be limited to 3-4 days a week. I think walking every day is perfectly fine. Just my opinion, of course.

I agree @Lori but would also add a cardio workout done every day might be OTT re thyroid.
Sassy1 wrote: @Fancyacuppa, I am no expert at all but based on my reading of the Don't go hungry books, it sounds like you are having a famine reaction and should consider taking a "weight loss holiday". Do reread the books on this issue! You will know when you are ready to start your weight loss program again.

Thank you for your post @Sassy1, although I know a bit about the science, I'm not that familiar with the famine reaction in terms of what it actually looks/feels like so it is mostly first time reading rather than re-reading for me! I just got hold of the free sample 1st chapters to two of the Don't Go Hungry books from Amazon (good old Kindle free samples) and if what I read is to be believed there are definite signs of famine reaction in me, as well as the ravenous hunger I have been getting quite cold, something that used to happen only on my 2 fasting days but has now spilled over into my normal eating days. I think I have a lot more reading to do and a 'weight loss holiday' while I do it!
Well I'm happy to report that I think I've gotten my over eating under control! I've gone back to doing Dr. Sainsbury-Salis' advice, including journaling. Yesterday I ate much more sensibly and without finding myself craving all the wrong things all the time.
@Fancyacuppa, can you borrow books online from your local library? I do think both Amanda's books are worth reading - the first explains the famine reaction and fat brake really well, the second is full of strategies and examples.
Good luck!
Well i am off the scale wibbly wobbly..so bored with fasting and talking/ thinking fasting ....
I get like this every now and again :confused: ..this too shall pass! X
@CandiceMarie, I hear your frustration! Why not take a deliberate break from fasting and concentrate on listening to your body and eating mainly wholesome foods according to your needs? When you choose to take a break, you may find that it does not take too long before you feel ready to start fasting again. And when you do, do think about just following the basic 5:2 strategy for a while.

Thinking of you. :clover: :heart: :clover:
I have just weighed myself after a week of two successful fast days & eating many fewer carbs & haven't lost any weight so I'm feeling frustrated & disgruntled :curse:
My OH has lost a pound in weight, not much I know, but ate more than me! It feels very unfair at the moment after a lot of concentrated effort on what we ate. Oh well I have just got to keep trying because I will not allow myself to put on any more weight & must reduce it.
@sassy1 thanks,just what i was mulling over...shall do that xx
@isis i feel for you and i admire your resolve xx :victory:
@Isis, I hear your frustration too. It is so unfair when the scales don't move when you feel you have been doing the right things. But perhaps other meaurements have changed - do clothes maybe feel a little looser? Do you feel better in yourself - eg less bloated, proud of yourself for sticking to your plan, and so on.

I know you want to reduce carbs, but just make these the processed ones. Do eat and fill up on a variety of vegetables and some fruit, and then add in the protein and fats.

And maintaining is better than gaining! You can learn a lot from maintaining. Concentrate on listening to what your body is telling you re hunger and eat accordingly.

Best wishes and good luck! :clover: :heart: :clover:
Hello everybody,
Great topic! :like:
I have been reading the posts with interest, thank you all for sharing everybody. @Sassy1 I have lost my way a little with 5:2 so am a bit wobbly with it all but I do try and keep to 16.8 most of the time especially week days which works for me especially after my evening meal, the kitchen is definitely closed. :victory:

I have read bits of Amanda’s book and have found that it works for me as well as another author I follow a book called If not Dieting then What? By Dr. Rick Kaussman which is along the same lines.

Over the last few months I have been carefully monitoring everything I eat, keeping away from mainly sugar and wheat, most dairy products and where possible, processed foods - mainly the Paelo influence. I have noticed the last few weeks my appetite is decreasing and I no longer crave these foods but can now enjoy them now and again and without guilt! The scales are a little kinder and going down very slowly. :like:

I feel a lot healthier and together with some exercise mainly indoor water aerobics, I am feeling a lot better than I have for a few years. :heart:

The other wobbly bit I am still working on is my podgy middle! :wink: :wink:

It is Mothers’ Day here today and wherever you are, have a lovely day. :heart:
cheers,
Maggie. :smile: :smile:
I just discovered your tent on the horizon. Looks like its getting a little crowded in here.

thank you Hazelnut

will stay in this tent for a while i think.

Ahhh @Maggiee I can swear all my extra few kilos is in my middle tummy area. I empathise.

what is it about the middle.

I asked daughter for a fitbit for Mothers day.. she is visiting soon. maybe that will help. and I cleared out the back room and pulled down the walker (daughters idea but i may as well join here).. and laid out a persian carpet near the collection of weights.. so floor exercises?
Dear Maggie @Maggiee

It sounds like things are going well for you at the moment - and when we caught up last week you were definitely slimmer than the previous time we met! :)

Weight management is all about finding what is sustainable for you. Once you do, then sticking with it should not be too difficult. If you find eating windows sustainable and give you the results you want, then don't worry about having 5:2 fast days.

Similarly, if you are happy and healthy with excluding certain foods from your diet, then that is great. But if there are foods you really don't want to give up, then do allow yourself to have these occasionally.

And keep enjoying the water aerobics! :)

And whenever you do at start to wobble, do seek support before the wobble leads to a fall.

Best wishes always :clover: :heart: :clover:
Well, I had my typical weekend "wobbles" but here I am back at Monday and having a fast day. If nothing else, having 2 fast days a week are helping me maintain. I would like another 25 lbs off, but at the moment, my body seems to be perfectly content where it is. :confused: I know if I would get more strict with myself on weekends I would drop more pounds. Days on the golf course and then a few lite beers with my friends are not doing me any favors weight-wise, but it sure is fun! :wink:

Wobble on friends! :heart:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
164 posts Page 3 of 11