The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

99 posts Page 7 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Lovely to hear everyone's news. I am glad you had a glam time @StowgateResident and it's good to know that your car and puppy are both mended @PennyForthem and I hope you enjoy your holiday to Wales. Good luck with all that cooking and freezing @callyanna.
:victory:
I haven't been on very much lately because of my house move which is happening on the 14th of this month. It seems I have been reading that the five of us are doing well with maintenance so far and so let's hope it stays that way.
I read an article in the Daily Mail on-line today which made me a bit cross because it argued that ultimately dieting fails for a large majority of dieters including Dawn French as an example and implying that she won't keep up her new self. I don’t think that articles like the one in The Daily Mail do dieters any favours and in this day and age of rising obesity levels and Diabetes type 2 they should be encouraging us to carry on or at least try. I am not enamoured of this type of journalism. Failure is not an option in my book!!
Maintenance threads are really important I think to encourage newbies and prove statistics wrong when applied to this WOE.
It's been quiet on here hasn't it and we need to shake things up....come on buddies where are you! We need to put this show on the road! @callyanna, @PennyForthem, @StowgateResident and @Wendy Darling.
Hi, @Auriga. I managed to lose my 'cruise' weight gain just before going to Germany to visit family. My two granddaughters came down with chickenpox within two days of us getting there, so we weren't out and about much, as you can imagine! I put on a few pounds (too much wine and chocolate in the evenings after the children were in bed) but they are disappearing rapidly. Today I am on my second fast of the week and my husband has decided to join me, prompted by granddaughter's comments about 'big tummies', so that should make life simpler.

I'm glad to hear that your maintenance is going well. The others have been around on the forum but I'm afraid that I haven't posted on here because I have difficulty finding specific threads. I usually go to 'View new posts' and just join in with those, so once a thread has got onto page 3 or beyond, I never see them again, unless someone else posts on them, as you have just done on this one. Thank you for that!

I hope that your house move goes smoothly. It's always an exciting time but jolly hard work too and it always seems to involve spending vast amounts of money! Are you moving far? I'm sure that you have posted about it but I have a head like a sieve when it comes to who has said what!

I agree with you about the need to keep the maintenance threads going, as well as the maintenance of course! This is the only WOE which I have tried that I have been able to stick with once the desired weight loss has been achieved. Every other time I have lost quite easily but then piled the weight back on and , even though I had a 'blip' between October and December, I am still making this work for me. Perhaps all those newspaper reporters should look on this forum for some success stories!

I better go and get on with some work! There is ironing waiting, the garden is a mess and my daughter and grandaughters are coming to stay on Monday for three weeks. Lots to do but at least while I am typing, I'm not eating!

Hopefully @PennyForthem, @callyanna and @Wendy Darling will be along soon to bring us up to date on what they're doing. Good luck with the house move on the 14th! :clover:
Cooooeeeee, I'm here!
As you may know, I fell off the nike yesterday. Tried to cycle through a narrow gap, wheel caught someting and that was it. Two bruised knnes and sore rib where I fell on the handle bar. Won't stop me getting in the saddle again when I'm better.
If I have put on any weight, I know I can take action to banish it, pronto!
Hope you're feeling less sore soon! Hugs coming your way!
Oh PennyForthem that sounds quite a tumble! Ouch! Well at least it seems we all know what we're doing, baring going over handle bars! Keep posting buddies. :victory:
Thanks for resurrecting this thread Auriga. Just don't know where the weeks disappear too lately, can't believe it's August already! My weight is still stable and I'm feeling fit and healthy. I still stick mainly to a 16:8 eating window, a few cups of tea and coffee get me through the mornings till lunchtime and I find I can still allow myself treats without putting weight on. Great to hear my buddies are all doing well too!
PennyForthem wrote: Cooooeeeee, I'm here!
As you may know, I fell off the nike yesterday. Tried to cycle through a narrow gap, wheel caught someting and that was it. Two bruised knnes and sore rib where I fell on the handle bar. Won't stop me getting in the saddle again when I'm better.
If I have put on any weight, I know I can take action to banish it, pronto!

@pennyforthemouch. You seem to be in the wars this year. Sounds like you are bouncing back though!
Hello, Karen. Not bouncing back quite as fast as I'd like. But on a positive note, I have ended the holiday with a 1lb gain.
I was reading your news about your hub and can only send you hugs across the ocean. But I have very long arms xxxx
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
99 posts Page 7 of 7