The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

99 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Great news Penny, sounds like you've cracked how to manage your weight efficiently by upping your carbs. The body is an amazing machine n'est ce pas? lol . I'm going back to Bistro Franc for a friend's birthday lunch today so will catch you all later x
Hello lovely buddies....great news Penny about the extra carbs working for you. I am trying to cut back on mine and see if that does the trick to get me a further loss.
Thanks for the link Wendy Darling as I have book marked that and shall take a look later on, very useful info.
Enjoy the Bistro Franc lunch callyanna. :victory:
Hello lovely buddies.....a bit quiet in here!
Having been to the dentist late this morning the anaesthetic is only just wearing off......goodness knows what they put in that these days. However, it's stopped me from eating up to now so no bad thing.
How is everyone? I hope my other buddy Karen is OK, I've been thinking about her all afternoon. :confused:
Hello, all! Well my plan to lose my extra weight has gone awry! I have had a successful fast today but since my last post I have just not managed to get my head in the right place for fasting and eating mindfully. However, I have demonstrated excellent ability in eating far too much cake and chocolate, crisps and many other assorted carbs and fats! :cry:

I am hoping that, with all the cakes, biscuits, chocolate and crisps eaten (by me!), I can get back to some sort of sensible eating pattern and get myself nearer to my target weight before dashing off to Madrid on the 10th. I have also let the rowing drop off and am having trouble motivating myself to get back to that!

We have booked to go to Norway and Iceland on the Queen Victoria at the end of June and I must be at target by then, otherwise the 'cruise clothes' won't fit, but even that doesn't seem to be acting as much of a motivator.

Nevermind, whinge over and tomorrow is another day! I must say, that you lovely fasting buddies all seem to be doing very well at this maintenance lark. Perhaps some of that will rub off on me!

Have a lovely long weekend - when it comes. Valerie
Well you're living a very exciting life @StowgateResident! I am only maintaining by the skin of my fingertips! I hope you manage to get over the attack of the munchies.....happens to all of us doesn't it! :bugeyes:
Good luck with getting back on track. :clover:
Thank you, @Auriga. I am having a better day today - so far! I host a U3A Accordion group in my house on a Thursday morning, so that usually keeps me out of the kitchen for a few hours. This afternoon I intended to go in the garden but it has clouded over and is looking like rain, so I may have to get some Committee Minutes typed up - my least favourite job and I have two sets to do! Well at least I can't type and eat! So there's always a bright side!

@PennyForthemseems to have solved her problem of losing weight now that she has increased her carb intake and @Wendy Darling seem to be considering losing more weight, although she was already tiny when I met her at the East Anglia meet-up! I suppose that by now @callyannahas succeeded in her mission to eat up all her Easter goodies (I certainly have!)and is back to her usual regime.

So, we're all fine and looking forward to Bank Holiday Monday which, according to the weather forecast, is supposed to be a lovely day.

Plenty to do to keep busy, so onwards and downwards - in my case, or just onwards for the rest of you clever people! :smile:
Well I'm fasting today and had to start a new thread in the Fasting Today area so it seems to be just me in the whole world!

It was weigh-in day for me today and, having eaten a McDonalds Quarterpounder meal with banana milkshake and a McFlurry to follow yesterday, it's not surprising that my weight had stayed the same!

Yesterday I was 10 stone 7 pounds - spot on target and today it was 10 stone 9 pounds! Serves me right for eating junk, I suppose! :cry:

Having spent the afternoon chipping plaster off the walls of the my son's cottage, which requires total renovation, I was starving on the way home and didn't feel like cooking so the McDonalds option was very tempting. I just decided to enjoy it - and I did! :smile:
:shock: Good on you SGR, once in a while won't hurt as long as you don't make it a habit! x :wink: :razz:
How are you getting on @StowgateResident??
I haven't been very active lately on here as I have been on DrM's website starting off a maintenance thread as it didn't seem to have one and as I started out on there I felt I owed him at least a thank you. I am busy too with my house move and my holiday to France isn't too far off. I hope you're all doing ok?
Hi Auriga,

You sound busy, I'd love to move but I also would hate to move, the sorting out would be wonderful after I'd done it but just the thought makes me want to back to bed and hide. Where are you off to in France? We are off to Spain in about three weeks, this will be the first time we've been to Spain together and am looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a good day today,

Ballerina x :heart:
How are all you girls doing over here?
This tent is so prestigious i' m very respectfully just speaking thru the flap :lol: !
@Auriga how fab of you to go and erect a maintainers tent over on MMs.. ( tho i bet they don't have tents ! Tents are unique to fastday i guess! We are SO hip! :razz: )
Enjoy France when it comes x
Just a quick reply @Ballerina and @CandiceMarie....We are going to a gite not far from Le Bugue in the Perigord Ballerina, we've been there many times before and love the area, hopefully it will be sunny! I hope you have a great time in Spain.
Candice....no they definitely don't have tents over in the other website of Dr.M's, I only went on there to thank him really, but saying 'Thank you for my success Dr M...' started off a thread of like minded maintainers and they all seem a nice bunch. I don't think its a very active website though it needs chivvying up a bit!!!! I have seen one or two of us on there though, Simcoeluv seems active and doing his best to leave links to here! :grin:
Enjoy your day everyone.
Lovely to see you again Auriga and read about your exciting holiday plans. Hope you have a wonderful time in France!
Hello, fellow maintaineers - and very welcome visitors! Lots of holiday plans going on, including mine. Less than two weeks for me before we go, away for two weeks and then we're back for a couple of weeks and then off to visit eldest daughter in Germany for a week. I think that will be the end of holidays for a while - one can only stretch the kindness of son and neighbours in looking after dog, cat and hens, so far!

I have caught glimpses of you all on other threads and it seems that maintenance is going well for everyone. I am currently taking part in the Summer Solstice challenge, as I thought it would be useful to try and remove a few more pounds to provide 'wiggle'room' for my holiday. I don't think that I will get to ten stone four pounds but at least it's keeping me at or just below target, so that must be a good thing!

Have a lovely holiday, @Aurigaand @Ballerina. I've never stayed in France, only driven through it and, although we often visit daughter number 2 in Spain, we have really only see the parts of Spain which are within a days drive of Madrid.

I better go and check in on the 'Fasting Today' thread. I'm feeling a little peckish and if I don't, then I might change my mind! :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
99 posts Page 5 of 7