The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

99 posts Page 1 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
Now our little group of three has grown to a band of four, I thought we ought to have our own Maintaineer's tent.
So here it is

@callyanna
@wendy darling
@stowgateresident
and moi, @pennyforthem

shall, henceforth, become the Super CallyStowgatedarlingPenny expiallidocious group.

Keep 'Poppins' in with your stories and motivational tales; we won't have a Spoonful of sugar, but we will go fly our kite!!
Woohoo! always wanted my own little tent , :grin: even used to borrow my gran's wooden clothes maiden and fling an old blanket over the top to play camping as a child so I'm in my element ....or should be eletent? ..I'll get my coat :razz: :wink:
Looking forward to sharing lots of experiences with my fellow maintaineers. I'm still under target even though I'm a bit less active since my fall a few weeks ago. Still going to aquacize three times a week but have knocked the gym and zumba on the head for now. I'm eating well, mostly low carb and sticking to 16:8, but we're going away for 4 days at the end of the month so that may disrupt my eating pattern. Hope Stowie has a lovely time visiting family in Germany and Wendy and Penny are doing well. xx
Thank you for this tent, @PennyForthem. :smile: I don't know about motivation but @Wendy Darling has already changed her mind about fasting today - just because it was her birthday yesterday and she is having more cake today! :cake: :shock:

Not that I'm telling tales on a fellow tent resident and maintaineer of course - just saying! :grin:

I'm on my own in the house today because my husband and son are installing one of our machines in a factory. It doesn't happen very often that I have the house to myself and it's a danger time for me because I can eat unhindered! :frown: However, today is a fast day, so very soon I am heading into the garden. I have several trays of plants to get into the ground before I go away on Wednesday. Luckily, it's hard to eat with grubby fingers! :smile:

I can't ever imagine being under target, @callyanna, or being low carb, either - maybe the two go together? I used to make tents with my grannies clothes horse and my mother's, too. Great times were had in that tent and I'm sure that this one will provide just as much fun! :lol:
clothes horses, clothes maiden, winter dyke....what else do we call such airers?
Good name!Is it ok for visitors to pop their heads in ?
@janeg we always said " maiden" ( Why?)
Over the years it has morphed into " airer"
Funny old world innit! :lol: x
The more the merrier, @candicemarie.
I am more than puzzled by a winter dyke @janeg!
PennyForthem wrote: The more the merrier, @candicemarie.
I am more than puzzled by a winter dyke @janeg!

Me too Penny but didn't like to ask! :oops: never heard it called that before!
Oh and yes, visitors to our tent more than welcome, lift the flap and pop in any time!
Thanks for your hospitality,girls!
And me too,baffled by winter dyke but thought it was just me! :lol: x
Hahaha brilliant name for our tent. Very witty :lol: yes I had to have more cake today. I was 3lb over target this morning, so might as well :shock: I didn't eat anything else all day apart from the cake, although I'm not sure whether admitting that I skipped breakfast and lunch in favour of cake is a good thing or not. Had chicken and salad for dinner and that will be all for today. My window is now closed.

Close 'orse here.
I have always known it as a clothes horse, even in the wilds of Shetland. Was doing a course in Edinburgh and it came up as what the east coast lasses called it. Dyke is a wall, so a winter wall...
had a lovely experience in Shetland with people from Burkina Faso staying next door and drying clothes by draping them over hedges and bushes. There was a clothes line but that was ignored. It was very colourful. :)
Lost 2lb overnight, so only 1lb over target this morning. I had a proper meal at lunchtime today, coerced into it as a charity fundraiser, so I didn't have any dinner tonight. Because of Comic Relief there is going to be a lot of cake eating this week. Birthday cake yesterday, fundraising lunch and cake today, lunch with a friend tomorrow and cake again on Friday. I know I could donate and then not eat the cake but that would be very rude I think. I am going to try for a fast on Thursday but if not I will settle for 16:8 all this week. That's what I did yesterday and today. Had Aldi marzipan chocolate with a cuppa tonight, lovely.
Congratulations, Wendy Darling on maintaining - only one pound over is brilliant.
I have had a busy day trying to catch up with everything before heading of to Germany tomorrow. I haven't even thought about packing yet and have lots of plants left unplanted! My son is going to be left with an enormous list of instructions regarding their care!
I suppose that I better try to get some sleep, although one of the best things about travelling by train is that there are plenty of opportunities for a doze!
I'm not sure how the maintaining will go while I'm away. I always have such good intentions but when everyone is eating everything, I feel very hard done by and soon find that I am matching them mouthful for mouthful - if not outdoing them!
Good luck to my maintaining buddies. I'll be in touch, although probably reading more than writing!
Have a lovely holiday @stowgateresident and don't worry too much about maintaining. You can knock any damage off when you get back. We'll help you. Bon voyage x
Have a lovely lunch @Wendy Darlingwith your friend and bon voyage @StowgateResident, look forward to hearing all about your trip! I'm still somehow maintaining my lower weight despite demolishing half a cheesecake yesterday :shock: Only had homemade celeriac and carrot soup for lunch though so suppose that balanced things out! Hope @PennyForthem isn't too overwhelmed by the new legislation regarding allergens, is that going to mean a lot of extra for you Penny? xx
Hello maintaineers! have a lovely lunch @wendy darling and likewise @stowgateresident (it always seems so formal calling you that!!)

I'm still 10 7 (and three quarters - mustn't forget those 12 ounces!) but I'm trying for a fast today. I am already starving!!
Callyanna, every label will have to be changed for new allergen advice, so it will take time *wipes brow and shakes head* to achieve, but achieve it I must.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
99 posts Page 1 of 7