The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

232 posts Page 2 of 16
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 Next
Re: THE VENTING TENT
10 Apr 2014, 03:46
@Debs, I second your rant, except I haven't really tried everything just fasted 2 days a week then been terrible the rest. So I'm really ranting at myself.
Nice to have a tent to vent.
10 Apr 2014, 06:52
A nice glass of red and a lie down for me this evening!!!
10 Apr 2014, 07:11
I daren't update my tracker.....enough said.

"Fasting fatigue"- that'll be it @Sue.Q I shall borrow that one.
10 Apr 2014, 15:38
I shouldn't really be here as the scales say another lb down this morning.

As for the TV situation though - that's another matter!

I guess we just have to turn negative energy into positive somehow!

:lol:
11 Apr 2014, 07:48
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! a whole week of being good and guess what? Weighed this morning and im the same as last week :(
11 Apr 2014, 08:12
Dont worry not a girl Phil@Philxjr its disappointing but look how well youve done so far and dont be aSlave to the Scales..you can lose inches even when pounds dont drop off..the scales dont always tell the truth x
11 Apr 2014, 08:24
Hazelnut20 wrote: Here, here, Bean, well said! Right there with you right now...grrrrr!

Good to see not-a-girl Phil on here - so we might as well pick his brain if that's OK! Do blokes ever have off-days, body wise? It seems really quite unfair to us girls...so just wondering....

Not that we would wish you all to have TOTM days, because they're not all that!!

I always think that women get no allowance whatsoever for feeling rubbish - we have to carry on juggling & multi-tasking, exercising and so on........so this Venting tent will come in very handy from now on!!!

Is there a limit to how many times we can visit?!!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Hi @Hazelnut20

Feel free to ask away......I am pleased I don't have to have TOMT days! I think with everyone we have up and down days, energetic and lazy days etc. With me, there are no particular patterns to it but I go through different stages of wanting to exercise and other time its a definite no no. Also in a similar way to TOTM days for women , men get cravings for sweet things. I guess its just human nature but with you girls you get the added monthly hormone boost. I know my other half does! Oh and the stupid up and down weight doesn't seem to be gender related either. I have been really good this week and lost nothing :( p.s I do like this venting tent!

Oh and thanks @CandiceMarie I must be due to have a measure. Hopefully will be more pleasing than the weighing :)
11 Apr 2014, 11:25
The scale was UP again this morning!! But, it is not my official WI day and I had to move my fast to today. So, I sure hope it's back down a little tomorrow!
11 Apr 2014, 12:56
Debs wrote: A nice glass of red and a lie down for me this evening!!!

Aw @Debs so sorry you're so frustrated about your weight loss....hey ho...must be the stress that's not helping either. I award you a big heart :heart: from me.....love Auri XXXX :heart:
11 Apr 2014, 13:24
Phil, thanks for your insight into shifting --can I use the word moods?--among men. It made me remember something I learned when discussing the results of the Myers-Briggs (MBTI) test. It seems that my personality type (INTJ) has periods of energy followed by periods of lethargy. The lethargy time is a sort of recharging of the mental batteries. Knowing this has saved me from a lot of self-bashing (you're so lazy, why don't you get off the sofa and do something, blah, blah)

For those not familiar with it, the MBTI is often given in workplaces and other groups to help people not only understand their own learning and working styles, but also to understand and be more tolerant of the different styles of their colleagues, clients, etc.

I mention it, hoping that it might helpful to those here who may be bashing themselves. Be good to yourselves :smile: :clover: :heart:

More info about MBTI http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-pers ... ti-basics/
11 Apr 2014, 15:44
Dont worry not a girl Phil@Philxjr its disappointing but look how well youve done so far and dont be aSlave to the Scales..you can lose inches even when pounds dont drop off..the scales dont always tell the truth x

The scale was UP again this morning!! But, it is not my official WI day and I had to move my fast to today. So, I sure hope it's back down a little tomorrow!

Scales? Don't get me started. I changed my fast days from tues/thurs to mon/wed so thought I'd better change my weigh in day from saturday to friday. Well I weighed myself this morning and I'd only gone down 1/4 lb. Bit annoyed, but put it down to the kettlebell exercises I've been doing. Anyway weighed myself after a shower(not being obsessive, but experimenting, as once after failing to believe I could have lost 4/5 lbs one week, I weighed again AFTER a shower and I'd put it all back on) and I'd gone down 3 lbs. How can your weight change after a shower???? Yes there's a little dampness in your hair which could add a tiny amount and maybe some dehydration which might cause a loss but 3-5lbs??? It defies logic.
11 Apr 2014, 16:10
egregious, that might have something to do with the scale itself. Is it a digital scale? Is it on a flat surface?
11 Apr 2014, 21:56
@MaryBeth i did the Myers Briggs test when was training as a counsellor
Cant remember what i was ...would love to take it again sometime x
11 Apr 2014, 23:09
@CandiceMarie It's enlightening, isn't it? OH's type is described as very sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, always surprised to discover how much others admire him. So true--how lucky am I to have such a partner in life?
12 Apr 2014, 09:24
cblasz wrote: egregious, that might have something to do with the scale itself. Is it a digital scale? Is it on a flat surface?

Yes and yes. I tried weighing my kettlebell and it's only a pound out so don't think it's the scales. I usually weigh myself a couple of times to check and it's always the same, but after a shower it changes. I did google it, and apparently I'm not the only one :confused:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 Next
232 posts Page 2 of 16