The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

232 posts Page 13 of 16
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Re: THE VENTING TENT
22 Aug 2014, 09:39
Feel for you @Debs after sleepless post fast night due to hunger and incessant peeing! :lol:
Upside is, as always,feel wonderful the day after..system feels very rested and not hungry,got no cravings
Those things should be enough to keep me on track but alas no,i still fall off my horse..he is gettin fed up with it i can tell you! X
22 Aug 2014, 09:53
Yes, my horse is fed up of off and on!! Calorie counting it must be, at least until I get to where I need to be.
22 Aug 2014, 10:10
@debs my horse keeps muttering, saddle on,saddle off on,off,on,off..whinny whinny..enough to turn a horse into a MANE - iac! :lol: :lol: :lol:
22 Aug 2014, 12:30
Oh neigh @CandiceMarie, surely not. :grin:
28 Aug 2014, 10:26
I was looking for this venting tent and found it. Learning to use the Forum a bit better. I am fasting today. and am feeling cold and very miserable. Yesterday afternoon my left little toes became incredibly sore. Have had this problem on and off for some time. I call it my 'mixinmytoesis*. It usually goes away soon, but this time it is hanging around. I slept badly worrying about my foot... I missed my afternoon walk yesterday and my evening exercise. Today I missed my morning walk and morning yoga. Sigh. It is no fun walking when it hurts... I think my foot is a bit better. But it is still 4 hours until food. Last time I fasted strictly I actually lost a kg and went below my ideal weight, BMI still over 20. I had said I'd do ADF to the end of August, but not sure if I'll fast on Saturday. And it rains every day here, too. It is nice reading about Spring in Australia :grin: ... It is also good to be able to vent my feelings. Thank you all.
28 Aug 2014, 10:48
@margotsylviai love yr name for yr toe pain!
I feel fir you..i can't walk either without pain..stubbed left little toe badly a while ago (and managed to stub it several more times since) ..its quite painful..also have plantar fasciitis in right heel
Just to add to the fun,also keep getting cramp in left calf muscle and i have bouts of sciatica
There's no pleasure in walking when these things hit us ...i dont know your age but i ' m in my 60s..they say old age isnt for cissies and i find thats true!
Hold on in there with fasting...me too..hungry right now...but we can do this! :like: x
28 Aug 2014, 10:48
Oh, Margotsylvia, you are having a bad day, aren't you? :frown: At least you have found somewhere to have a good vent about everything and get it out of your system. If this is a recurring problem with your toes wouldn't it be a good idea to arrange a visit to see your GP? At least you could find out what is wrong with them and find a solution. The feeling cold on a fast day is a problem, particularly when the weather is miserable. I would put on as many layers as you need and drink plenty of hot drinks. It's lovely to have something to warm your hands on when you're feeling chilly. I'm a black, decaff, tea drinker and get through eight to ten 300ml mugs every day. ADF is a challenge in itself so don't beat yourself up if you don't do the Saturday fast. If your BMI is in the low 20's then you probably don't need to anyway.
Anyway, I hope that you feel better and it's not long until you break your fast, so stay strong! Onwards and downwards! :victory:
28 Aug 2014, 13:14
We just spent about an hour filling in the form for our Chinese visas. If we didn't have the tour guide to advise us we would never have guessed the answers to some of the questions! Also it involved putting very long hotel names and addresses into very small boxes. I haven't written so much for years, my hand is crampy. They go off to the Consulate in the morning and we'll see how many get rejected. They are very picky about how the form is filled in apparently. Fingers crossed.
28 Aug 2014, 13:27
Oh @chook it all sounds really intriguing and exciting ! But difficult trying to get long responses into little boxes, i hate that coz my writing is big ..like the rest of me! :lol:
28 Aug 2014, 13:34
@CandiceMarie Particularly difficult when the spelling of said hotels is weird. Kept wanting to put a "u" after a "q" but there wasn't one. Also no white out allowed so if you stuffed up you had to start that page again. The concentration required was immense.
28 Aug 2014, 13:51
Ohh my gosh,@chookif it was me, i wd be on an endless cycle of re writing the same old page again and again! X
28 Aug 2014, 14:05
My water retention is so bad today my fingers are shiny and my face itchy. A combo of tiredness, jetlag, sleeping in hotels and eating incorrectly. Roll on vacation tomorrow!
28 Aug 2014, 14:19
Vacation tomorrow! What lovely words whoop whoop! X
29 Aug 2014, 01:43
Dear @rawkaren

Very best wishes for your vacation; I hope it is everything you want it to be. Those unpleasant symptoms better quickly disappear too! :D
26 Sep 2014, 22:10
:pissedoff: I would like to swear a little, actually maybe a lot!

:pissedoff: :reallypissed:

and sometimes hard not to feel like a loser :loser:
Previous 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
232 posts Page 13 of 16