The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

232 posts Page 12 of 16
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Re: THE VENTING TENT
05 Jun 2014, 12:22
I can just imagine you @Sue.Q smoking behind the bike sheds at school!
Sorry bout the osteoarthritis,it's a bugger,i have it in my right hand,makes it difficult hoovering, getting lids off jars etc x
05 Jun 2014, 12:28
Not the bike shed @CandiceMarie The village pavilion :shock: bit like Emmerdale :shock:
05 Jun 2014, 12:44
Did you live on a cricket ground Sue! :lol: :razz: :razz: x
05 Jun 2014, 15:09
I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to you who so kindly replied. Penny - we have a sort of insurance here in Sweden, that gives you the right to care in a certain amount of time. Our verrry high taxes ought to take care of that, but not always anymore...
Talked to the physio therapist tray and he read out loud what the xray showed; artros, no cartilage left, some damage to the bone and - some cysts. Hurray. Not!!! So he said there is absolutely nothing he could do for me, that I ought to get an appointment with a orthopedic doctor etc etc. Ack, I have spent the last half hour laying in the porch swing crying my heart out, or is it hip?? Feel even more sorry for myself if that is possible. :cry:

Tonight fresh shrimp, baguette, chili aioli and a LOT of cold wine. Tomorrow is Sweden national day, so all are off. Absolutely have to go and get some soil for my greenhouse veggies. Have you heard it before :wink:
05 Jun 2014, 15:54
Oh @Wolfie, that's awful! Vad hemskt! I hope you manage to see the orthopaedic surgeon and he can make a special case for you to have surgery earlier than usual. They are improving the quality of the prostheses all the time and so it is not certain that you would need a new one so soon as your doctors are claiming.

See this: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arth ... -last.aspx

Sköt om dig.
06 Jul 2014, 08:21
I've just popped in here to air the tent as it looks a bit deshevilled, obviously everyone is doing very well as it's like a ghost tent around here.
06 Jul 2014, 09:20
Carie@carieoatesmost of the tents seem kinda spookily empty lately :confused: XX
Where are all our tent dwellers???
21 Aug 2014, 10:54
Bumping this for @Alexandra and anyone feeling like they need a good old vent. :?:
21 Aug 2014, 11:47
Thanks Carie @carieoates..i dont need a vent..more a bit of a grumble..
Just find fasting so hard lately..
it always seemed so ...not easy,but do able..
Really struggling lately *sigh*...it used to be i found feed days difficult,now i find feed AND fasts hard ..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
( may have to resurrect my look fat,feel fat,am fat thread) xx
21 Aug 2014, 11:54
CandiceMarie wrote: Thanks Carie @carieoates..i dont need a vent..more a bit of a grumble..

( may have to resurrect my look fat,feel fat,am fat thread) xx

Oh no You don't young lady. :cry:

PMA and clip clippety clop and get you bum in gear. Cos we ain't gonna let Ya.

I'm back up to 12.11 this morning and feel sick so just send me some positive vibes as I've been looking forward to my post "back to back" break of fast feast. But don't want it as I feel sick.
:cry:
21 Aug 2014, 12:30
Venting because I'm so tired through lack of sleep that I'm having to go home but I'm so tired that I can't bear the idea of the journey. It's not even that I'll fall asleep if I go to bed. (I'm having trouble finding a position in which I can fall asleep because of shoulder trouble. The shoulder trouble won't improve until I have surgery and I don't know when that will be as yet.)

I don't respond well to painkillers so don't take them or only for a few weeks before side-effects kick in. The physiotherapist advised that apart from remaining mobile he has no exercise or advice for me until after I've had the shoulder/knee surgery. Normally, it's manageable but the tiredness is making me feel overwhelmed.
21 Aug 2014, 12:35
carieoates wrote: I'm back up to 12.11 this morning and feel sick so just send me some positive vibes as I've been looking forward to my post "back to back" break of fast feast. But don't want it as I feel sick.
:cry:
Meh on the bounce up, @carieoates. Some people do beautifully on back to back fasts but they just don't suit others (I've no idea if this is sometimes a gallbladder-related issue and some people don't feel well if they have tiny stones that otherwise don't bother them unless the gallbladder remains unemptied, as it pretty much does during low fat intake or during fasts). :dunno:

Of course, for all I know, it's just Summer tummy (to use an expression that my mother did). ETA: I've just remembered that my mother thought flat lemonade or ginger tea was sovereign for upset tums/queasiness. When I was in the US, I was charmed to see that over there, the same belief seems to hold in respect to flat Coke/Pepsi. I'm sure this is an historical artefact rather than something that's still true.

Consider a whole forcefield of positive vibes being sent your way. I hope that sickness/queasiness passes and you can recover your enthusiasm for a 'break of fast feast'. :eat:

Be well. :)
21 Aug 2014, 13:12
Sorry Carie@carieoates re your queasy tum..there seems to be a lot of summer bugs going round,maybe its that,but hope it passes very quickly whatever it is
Get well soon x
21 Aug 2014, 14:16
Bacon roll and a packet of rolos.
All good. But that's all I fancied, so that's what I ate.
22 Aug 2014, 09:05
No, the tent hasn't been vacated, there are still a few of us who need a rant! I have done a couple of fasts and found that I have gone back to sleeping very badly after them which is really frustrating. Overall I am going nowhere fast which is driving me bonkers even though I know it is stress related.
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
232 posts Page 12 of 16