The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

524 posts Page 21 of 35
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 35 Next
Re: The WAGS tent!
13 May 2014, 16:46
Met a very sweet Heinz 57 dog today..she was white with brown spotted ears! So cute...but was funny,it was one of those situations where Doggy and Mummy resemble each other? :lol:
She was a rescue doggie and very bright,she does high fives when she gets a treat! :like:
13 May 2014, 18:59
We have been out on a beautiful evening walk, down a country track with no traffic. We let Jess off the lead, which we would normally never dare to do, as she can't hear us, but she stayed with the pack.
The sun shone in a cloudless sky, the flowers put on a glorious display and our big girl bimbled her way along, stopping for a sniff here and a wee there.
We questioned again whether we're doing the right thing, but she's in pain now (and we didn't go far), so we're still going to go ahead.
:cry:
13 May 2014, 19:42
@PennyForthemSo often the RIGHT thing to do is the HARDEST xx
13 May 2014, 20:09
My thought's will be with you tomorrow.
A big hug from me to you all Penny.

Lesley xx
14 May 2014, 00:17
PFT - I'm sure you are doing the right thing - hard though it is it will be much better once it's over to have the lovely memories of the evening walk etc than waiting until the situation becomes a crisis and having to act in haste.

Thinking of you and yours - I expect the other dogs will miss her too.

Enjoy your last day together xx
14 May 2014, 02:22
oh dear PFT, just read this as I don't come on here often. I hope everything goes as well as it can, it doesn't feel like it at the time but it is the right thing to do. Having been through it ourselves, my heart goes out to you.Deb
14 May 2014, 02:34
@Carieoates, I just saw your post from earlier when you were in Brisbane. Yes, it is a huge environmental problem over here. Feral cats, i.e. those that have been either dumped by irresponsible people, or those that have run away, do enormous damage to the wildlife here.

Australia has the worst extinction rate of small mammals in the world due to cats, foxes and land clearing. In and around Brisbane koalas are in danger as dogs are let out and attack them. We used to have to keep a close eye on ours otherwise they would have killed goannas, koalas, kangaroos, anything, that instinct never goes away, however much they are fed.

As an environmental professional, it is a big passion of mine and I do everything I can to educate people about the damage pets do, and especially cats as they don't seem to be subject to the same controls as dogs when they should be.

Don't get me wrong, I love cats,and had three in the UK, and dogs, but I also love the wildlife here and in the UK and want to see it protected. I don't buy the argument that cats are creatures of instinct and should be allowed to roam. Here many councils now have curfews against roaming cats as well as dogs to try and stop them killing birds, lizards, small mammals and people are fined if they are picked up.

Ok, off my soapbox now. I'm not having a go at anyone, I love my pets as much as everyone else on here, but I also love wildlife as I'm sure many of you do too. We can have both, just with a bit of careful management.
14 May 2014, 17:26
Our girl is on the Rainbow bridge, in peace.
She was on a fluffy blanket on the grass by a pond, away from prying eyes. It was dignified and peaceful and I am proud that we had the courage to let her go when we did.
14 May 2014, 17:35
Very brave PFT hope you have a better night's sleep tonight, knowing she is at peace. :heart:
14 May 2014, 17:57
Tears in my eyes Penny@PennyForthem for you and the family,not for Jess..she will be running free like a puppy now at the Rainbow Bridge..my mum always called it The Happy Hunting Ground. Been thinking of you all day xx
14 May 2014, 18:01
A release for Jess but broken hearts for you and hubs I expect for a while. Take comfort in knowing it was the kindest thing to do and remember all the happiness and joy she brought into your lives. x
14 May 2014, 18:04
Oh Penny I've been thinking of you all day. Sounded like a perfect way to go. No more suffering and to go with you beside her. That's the only way to go isn't it. Big hugs to you xxxx
14 May 2014, 18:16
Been thinking of you since 4:00 this afternoon Penny and imagining what you were doing. It really must have been like falling asleep for Jess, out in the air in tranquil surroundings. Lucky girl to have had you to look out for her. Sending a hug. We're like a proper little family aren't we?
14 May 2014, 18:18
Yes, my lovely buddies, hugs to all of you.
14 May 2014, 22:43
Thinking of you@PennyForthem the first night is the worst and things do gradually become less painful. Eventually you just remember the good times.
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 35 Next
524 posts Page 21 of 35