The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

524 posts Page 19 of 35
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 35 Next
Re: The WAGS tent!
24 Apr 2014, 15:53
Oh I always struggle with the girls' weight. They have a knack of looking at me with those big doe eyes. I've bean pretty good lately, though and they're on a better routine...plus I found Lily's Kitchen and I feel they're now in a much better, healthier diet!

When dealing with Poppy, my vet described her, very diplomatically, as having a 'luxurious coat'!

Bean :grin:
25 Apr 2014, 12:51
My girls are easy - you see directly if they start to gain wight - their ribs don't show as much as they should, even though they are on the smallish side for being Ridgebacks. But Diego was kind of barrel shaped to start with, only now he's kind of hefty LOL. But as you can see, those eyes are kind of hard to resist. :heart:
25 Apr 2014, 16:59
I LOVE him @Wolfie!
And how about this sweetheart?
Looks like he can read and understand every word!
image.jpg
Hmmmm this is verrry interesting!
25 Apr 2014, 18:15
Did she or didn't she?
fiona1101.jpg
I swear, I'm innocent
25 Apr 2014, 21:38
Oh @merlin I think we need a puppyfest!!
25 Apr 2014, 21:49
@PennyForthem
Roast or grilled?
I think mine is probably as lively as a springer! A bit of the shock to the system as our Lurcher is so laid back and Merlin elderly and arthritic!
I usually refer to him as pesky poodle!
26 Apr 2014, 06:54
CandiceMarie wrote: I LOVE him @Wolfie!
And how about this sweetheart?
Looks like he can read and understand every word!

That's his cute can melt butter eyes. You should see his "golly there is a mouse in that box" or "I'm gonna get ya" when he saw the tiny turtle Nisse in his aquarium eyes. Not that attractive :shock:
26 Apr 2014, 07:20
Debs wrote: Sweep is cute!!

I was wondering about cats, all of ours have been indoor cats due to the amount of damage they do to wildlife. Here in Australia they are responsible for millions of deaths of native birds, small animals and reptiles. Cats that have become feral due to the neglect of owners are contributing to the extinction and endangerment of lots of small, native marsupials. Friends of ours have built an amazing outdoor enclosure, runs and open spaces for them, and the cats are a lot happier, plus they aren't catching blue-tongue lizards, lorikeets etc. Everyone benefits.

I was wondering if this is something people could consider so that they don't lose their beloved pets? I know cats instincts are to hunt, but so is a dogs and they are kept controlled. Why shouldn't cats be also? Many councils in Australia now have cat curfews are they realise the damage being done. Is a small outdoor enclosure off a cat flap possible for some people? A cat does cost money to keep, so an enclosure, fenced area shouldn't be too prohibitive but isn't that a price worth paying to protect the wildlife too?

Just food for thought! :heart:

@Debs When we visited Brisbane I couldn't believe this is the case. Just so different to the UK.
It must be due to environmental change. All species will adapt to their environment won't they Debs. Such a shame that these cute family pets are such an apparent nuisance in Australia. :frown:
06 May 2014, 20:33
This pic is soooooo funny!

http://i.imgur.com/GHeXkBR.jpg
07 May 2014, 17:58
I know I've talked about this before, but this time it's going to happen.
After a visit to the vet, we're going to spoil our big dog for one last weekend, then she'll be going to the doggie kennel in the sky. In a way, we're glad the decision has been made and supported by our lovely vet, who has told us to spoil her, feed her sausages and steak and give her plenty of cuddles.

Pass me a tissue please....
07 May 2014, 18:02
Ohh @PennyForthem how heartbreaking..the tears have just sprung into my eyes..how hard for you xx sending biggest of hugs
I hope knowing you've given your darling doggy a wonderful life and i hope that helps,but i bet it doesnt ..xxxx
07 May 2014, 18:03
Bless you @Pennyforthem and your family. :heart:
07 May 2014, 18:07
Oh Penny, my heart is with you :heart:
Me and The DH have said that when Fiona's time comes, she will be spoiled rotten for the last couple of days. OH my, can't imagine how I'm gonna live without her....she have saved my life more than once in different ways...
07 May 2014, 19:17
@PennyForthem you will need several boxes of tissues. But it is better than letting her linger with no quality of life to speak of. I could weep with you as well as for you.
07 May 2014, 20:17
Oh what a darling in the picture! X
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 35 Next
524 posts Page 19 of 35