The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

103 posts Page 7 of 7
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Re: World cup fiesta tent
26 Jun 2014, 19:24
Congratulations. I'm afraid they will have to improve somewhat to get much further. Let's hope they have it in them.
27 Jun 2014, 07:21
I'm not expecting to go any further really. We were completely outclassed last night. We can play better than that, and we're much improved, but we've got a long way to go before we can compete with the top teams.
28 Jun 2014, 17:02
Battle is on for the first knock out game. Chile make Brazil sweat!
28 Jun 2014, 17:58
Yes, Chile has sweated Brazil. Extra time ............go Latin America, who ever wins they have both done well?
29 Jun 2014, 20:51
Well we're through to the next round, as a result of two 'German style' late goals. Quality of the passing game is still not what we would like to see, but next game new chances.
05 Jul 2014, 05:31
Still enjoying some of this football. Really good that so many of the last 16 teams went to extra time in their games. Shows how close this World Cup is. No disgrace to any team that fought well. Sorry for Algeria though. I am liking the Nederlands to go on maybe.
:smile:
05 Jul 2014, 15:32
Well, today is the day of 'the lower countries'. Belgium for a start, followed by the Orange boys. Some are hoping for a new version of the first Dutch international game against our neighbors
06 Jul 2014, 13:40
Hi P-JK, well, two more games down and two more teams gone. Neither game set the world alight, that is for sure. So who will progress to the final? Maybe we WILL have the Brazil - Argentina final, then again the Europeans may overcome. Brazil will be shaky without their captain and Neymar though, and Germany are strong. Felt for Costa Rica but thought that the Orange would get through, don' t know how they will go against Messi et al, they did not play at their best so will need to pick it up a tad.
Well, it is Le Tour now; one problem of living in the Antipodes is everything is happening for us at night! I have to record everything.......
:geek:
06 Jul 2014, 15:19
Well, another proof that only a few countries 'have what it takes' to win the cup. Despite 3 finals, the Dutch never were able to do it. Of course the ideal scenario is to get rid of the recollection of losing all three by kicking out Spain in the first round, Argentina (1978) in the semi-final and Germany (1974, 'the mother of all defeats') in the final! However, given the remark in the first sentence: that is very unlikely indeed.
08 Jul 2014, 21:40
:shock: Oopps, Brazil.... Hope the Germans have played their best game of the tournament and will struggle in the final
09 Jul 2014, 13:12
What an amazing game! What on earth happened to Brazil?!

:confused: :bugeyes:
13 Jul 2014, 23:20
Well, my heart said Argentina but my head said Germany. They had to fight for it though!
Great World Cup overall, some sublime football, very very close contests and worthy winners in the end.
And soon we begin again, preparing for Moscow..... :geek: :smile:
14 Jul 2014, 19:38
Time for a roundup and congratulate the Germans with some prohetic words:

P-JK wrote: However, as I live next to the German border, there will always be a friendly neighbour who will as the famous question: What does a Dutchman do after he wins the FIFA World cup?

P-JK wrote: The answer is the answer to the question of our German friends:
After winning the FIFA World cup a Dutchman will get out of his chair and switches off his Playstation!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
103 posts Page 7 of 7