The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

103 posts Page 1 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
World cup fiesta tent roundup
12 Jun 2014, 15:45
Surely there are also some World cup lovers on Fastonbury?
Please come along with suggestions for healthy snacks on the BBQ, celebration drinks for the winners and comfort food for the losers.
The big screen and the beamer are in place.
We'll keep the noise down and make sure of 'fair play'
Re: World cup fiesta tent
12 Jun 2014, 16:04
I'll have a pina colada please, if you're serving drinks!
Surely the snack of choice has to be Brazil nuts? Though I find they tend to fall through the bars of the BBQ! :oops:

Netherlands vs Spain eh? A tough start...
12 Jun 2014, 16:34
I'm not loyal so might be popping in here too depending on who is playing and what drinks are being served :cool:
12 Jun 2014, 20:54
Seemed for some time the Brazil nuts were indeed in for a roast, either on or in the BBQ. Still some work to do
12 Jun 2014, 21:15
Shhhhh, don tell anyone but I used to play for cambridge United women's team. 18yrs ago. They've just been promted to the football league.
Watching Brazil Croatia. And shall be cheering on England on Saturday after the wedding we are attending in our hotel. They'd better keep that bar open I can tell you.
12 Jun 2014, 21:21
Cor Caroline! I am watching Brazil v Croatia, what a shame about the you know what. Won't say in case anyone's watching it later.......

I fasted today but have been plied with red wine and almonds this evening (no Brazil nuts in the house) big fail but on the bright side 16:8ish
12 Jun 2014, 23:24
Oh phew. I was worried I'd have to hide my World Cup love on the forum. The matches are at 1,4,5, and 7am in Japan, but I work at a really international place so everyone plans to watch anyway.

USA! USA! (Though if we get out if our group it will be a miracle--Germany AND Portugal)
13 Jun 2014, 02:04
I am sharing the love here as I LOVE football, or soccer as they insist on calling it here. I caught part of Brazil/Croatia this morning while getting ready for work but am going to miss a lot of the games so. I shall have it on my phone at work, I think I can get some video and there are quite a lot of people interested here.
I shall be supporting England, although I doubt we'll make it out of the group stages, and Australia, my adopted home, but they don't have much of a chance this year either. I just love watching football though so there will always be something to watch!
13 Jun 2014, 02:37
Socceroos first game tomorrow at a very respectable 7:30am - time difference working in our favour for once! We're in a tough group and tbh, I'd be happy if we just don't get totally crushed in our games. Chile tomorrow, then Netherlands, then Spain. Ouch!
13 Jun 2014, 06:41
This has inspired me. I'm doing an English afternoon tea tomoz to celebrate our first game, but will think of an Uruguay themed supper - any suggestions?
13 Jun 2014, 07:13
Lots of meat Min!!!
13 Jun 2014, 07:17
Defo! Except its actually Italy tomoz :oops:
13 Jun 2014, 07:23
Oh well, that should be a lot easier for you!!! I have just been over to one of the contractor offices and they are planning to stream the game in the office so I am going to have an urgent meeting over there at 6am for two hours!!
14 Jun 2014, 06:41
Sorry for not keeping you company, but I just returned from a short trip 'over the moon', watching yesterdays Dutch game on a party with friends. If our team keeps on playing like this, there will be some serious fasting to come in the weeks after the World cup :shock:
However, as I live next to the German border, there will always be a friendly neighbour who will as the famous question: What does a Dutchman do after he wins the FIFA World cup?
14 Jun 2014, 06:53
Surprised you are sober @P-JK, after that game!! I got up at 3am to watch and am glad I did. It was the game of the tournament! Total football and a shock to everyone; just shows that Spain may have older legs now, although some of the Dutch players may be in their last World Cup.
The Australia game was disappointing but not unexpected; they should be terrified watching Holland now!!
I am trying not to get nervous about tomorrow against Italy, but I always take it personally!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7 Next
103 posts Page 1 of 7