Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

103 posts Page 5 of 7
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Re: World cup fiesta tent
19 Jun 2014, 21:26
Oops
19 Jun 2014, 22:21
Oh how depressingly predictable. It's gonna take a miracle for us to go any further

:cry:
19 Jun 2014, 22:36
Uh, the silence says it all. I have been busy shopping the weekly grocery shop for elderly parents.

Seems there is only one team that won't be disappointed - the winner of the WC.

Spoke with a friend who attended Germany WC - he said it is a fabulous festival of wellbeing, so it does not matter who wins or loses, as everyone is as winner.

Bedtime

Liz
19 Jun 2014, 23:17
I can't believe I got up for that :-(

Go Japan!!
20 Jun 2014, 00:13
i should have stayed in bed :-(

If Japan can't win against 10 Greek players, they don't deserve to go through.
20 Jun 2014, 05:02
This has been an exciting, full on but in the end disappointing two days of football for me... The groans when Robben scored; sorry to you Nederlands fans, a great goal from the wrong team; the elation from Cahill's tremendous volley; the ecstasy of leading after the penalty, and then the despair with the equaliser against us and the winning goal for the Oranje. I was exhausted!! I think that we played well though. :like:
And then this morning, Oz time, to see England lose too. Top goals from Suarez though, and very glad for Rooney that he has finally scored in a World Cup Finals.
My daughter is staying with me for a few days and is experiencing pre-labour in all the excitement! She is not due for two weeks...
Love this game :smile:
20 Jun 2014, 05:49
Only just recovered enough to type. Profoundly disappointed with our display, especially as I woke up at 2.30am to watch. At least Aus went down fighting, we were rubbish in defence.
Other than that it has been very entertaining what I have been able to see. I have now shifted my support to the Dutch!!
20 Jun 2014, 06:58
Debs wrote: At least Aus went down fighting, we were rubbish in defence.

Think England were not that bad, only should have scored a few more goals from the opportunities they created.

Debs wrote: I have now shifted my support to the Dutch!!

Thanks, we need all the support we can get, after a possible defeat by Chile, facing Brazil. However they might also not fancy playing us.
20 Jun 2014, 08:15
There's still a flicker of hope isn't there?

:cry:
20 Jun 2014, 08:52
Once up on a Time I would have been absolutely gutted about that result, these days I find it hard to be bothered, Im rapidly falling out of love with football and all thats wrong with it.
I blame $ky TV :-)
Mind Im sure I will still be traveling a 120 mile round journey every other week to see my Team ( Swindon)at home, thats what football fans do isn't it
20 Jun 2014, 18:06
Sorry England, but Hurray for Bryan Ruiz :dance:
He single handedly made our local team FC Twente Dutch champions in 2010 (the only time in history) :victory:
Forever Twente Hero :like:
21 Jun 2014, 04:52
No bean, all hope is gone!
Another goal fest this morning between France and Switzerland, maybe they have turned things around after their shocking display last time around!
21 Jun 2014, 08:16
What do you mean shocking display?????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

world class football is France, end of.
22 Jun 2014, 02:24
I meant their last World Cup, not this one, what did you mean angie?!
22 Jun 2014, 04:32
I was up until 3 last night watching the Argentina Iran match with a very noisy Argentinian. The guy hosting the match is worried he's going to get evicted! :shock:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
103 posts Page 5 of 7