The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 2 of 60
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60 Next
Hi, please register me for this challenge. I'm regularly doing 5:2, sometimes adding a 1000 calorie day between fast days. I am way over my head in the SRINGING into FALL challenge, didn't take into consideration how difficult 13 lbs would be for me to lose on 5:2. So in a more practical vein; 6 lb is my Christmas challenge target. Yikes, Christmas...cringe at the thought! :)
chinchin wrote: Hi, please register me for this challenge. I'm regularly doing 5:2, sometimes adding a 1000 calorie day between fast days. I am way over my head in the SRINGING into FALL challenge, didn't take into consideration how difficult 13 lbs would be for me to lose on 5:2. So in a more practical vein; 6 lb is my Christmas challenge target. Yikes, Christmas...cringe at the thought! :)

all the best @chinchin. you are in !
I like how you did your signature for the Springing into fall challenge. at a glance you can see your progress. I must follow same
I'd like to join too, thanks :)

Like some others, I will think about my challenge re weight closer to the end of the month, when I see how this month has gone. I think my extra challenge will be to not eat after a certain time at night - have to think when that might be. At this stage I don't want to give any foods up, but just keep trying to learn how to moderate the intake of the sugars...
I would love to join you - been so busy in August I have fallen off the wagon and need to get back on. From Monday i will get back into 4:3 and i'll take it from there! I'll let you know my goals next week
Count me in. Don't know about my goals yet. I didn't achieve last years Xmas goal which probably means I won't do it this year either. :curse:
I would like to join but I'm not setting any weight loss goals. I will continue with 5:2 and hope to maintain at 69kgs. However from Oct 1st I want to up my walking practice. I want to walk at least 5kms at least 4 days a week. I will need to get myself a pedometer again. Otherwise I have no food restrictions except 5:2. Thank you Juliana Rivers for setting this in motion again.
I would like to join please. Weight wise, to maintain at no more than 2 lbs over my goal weight, ie max of 122 lbs on December 21st (Monday is Weighday) and December 23 is my Fast-5versary.

I am also going to have a crack at eliminating wheat, at least in its grosser forms. That means I will avoid the obvious bread, cake, biscuits, cereals, pastries and as much as possible where it is added to other foods, e.g. soups, vegetarian meat substitutes, sauces etc, but will not beat myself up if I find I have inadvertently ingested tiny quantities, nor interrogate restaurants about their ingredients.

I don't expect any effect on my weight, but will be watching out for health benefits if any. The only thing I will miss is pastry, and as the days get darker and my rambles are curtailed I can experiment with wheat free recipes.
Please could I join? I'd like to be 60kg or less by Xmas (63.3 now) but my loss is all over the place just lately. I will still do 5:2 but will try and add another lower cal day (say 800) once a week. I'd like to try abstaining from bread too (I have a sandwich once a week) but not sure that's realistic!! Already eat low carb.

Thanks
Count me in too please!

Not sure exactly what my goals are going to be, will confirm nearer the end of September!
I'd like to stick my toe into the water here - I've never joined one of these challenges because it seems that the gods immediately start conspiring to have unexpected invitations, drop-ins and other diet-busting events to throw me off my course :lol: However, I am developing a vocabulary (just say 'no') to deal with these pesky disturbances.
I'll wait until the end of the month before I decide on my target weight for Christmas. Thanks for doing this :like:
I'd like to try again too, @Juliana.Rivers for Christmas challenge. My Solstice challenge is not going to be successful (if lucky, I'll lose 3 of the planned 10 pounds). So tentatively,I would like to extend to Christmas to lose those pounds (i.e. get to 140lb/10stone and my ultimate goal)... but not committing to that just yet, so keep me in mind and will confirm Oct.1 :grin:
Thanks everyone.. already 21 challengers in the running. The buzz here is exciting. and good to see that many have thought about some extra little challenge of eliminating some "nasty" that may be getting in the way of our health goals, or introducing new activities into our usual schedule. Exercise is important and im a big fail on that one but one day...

thanks to new members since the first 10 listed.

Member 11: @Peebles

Member 12: @chinchin

Member 13: @Sassy1

Member 14: @croftmaclean

Member 15: @rawkaren

Member 16: @Sallyo

Member 17: @Barbarita

Member 18: @Loversghost

Member 19: @Nicky_94

Member 20 : @swan51

Member 21: @judithn
the visual of my "extra challenge" for 12 weeks starting october 1
sis made 2 Walnut tea cakes last night. no flour but a bit of sugar. So good almost like a souffle as it was light and fluffy.

no-cake2.jpg
no-cake2.jpg (34.36 KiB) Viewed 554 times

cake-no1.jpg
cake-no1.jpg (37.84 KiB) Viewed 554 times

Must not eat after october 1 anything like this
Member 22

Please count me in :) I'm in the process of making a fresh start with 5:2 and this looks like the perfect opportunity - thank you! I shall have a proper think about my plans and target ready for 1st Oct. Doing this will give me some focus and structure which I need!

Plan: 5:2.
Not to eat after 7.30pm on most none fast days.
Exercise x3 weekly.
Keep sugar mostly cut out and work on reducing carbs gradually.
Start weight: 11st 9.5lbs.
Goal: 11st 2lbs - so weight loss of 7.5lbs.

1st Oct: 11st 9.5lbs
8th Oct: 11st 6.5lbs
15th Oct: 11st 6.5lbs
5th Nov: 11st 5lbs
This is just what I need! We are off to visit our son and family in New Jersey on 18th December so the timing is perfect.
I too will think long and hard about my goal, but my extra challenges will be to get back into walking again and to continue low carb eating with 16:8.
Thank you for starting this, and yes, it does seem that we are all feeling very excited!
X
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 2 of 60