The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 4 of 60
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 60 Next
Crikey @TripHOPmamma, 3 toddlers to look after...faints at the thought. :bugeyes: All the best for the challenge!
Hi

I would love to join in. Never tried one of these challenges before but would like to give it a go. Not quite sure about a goal though. The extra bits I thought a bit about. I would like to cut down to 1 latte a day on food days, especially coming into the colder months that would be enough for me.

12 week challenge so maybe the goal could be 6kg weight loss? Would that be reasonable?

I'll confirm the goal later if possible otherwise set it to 6kg or 1 pound/week.
Number six here..
Sorry JR@Juliana.Riversknow i' m an enormous pain in the pinny,but ive been far too ambitious with my goal of losing a lb a week,seeing as i' m struggling so much this year..may i change my personal challenge to a five lb weight loss in 12 weeks?Pathetic but realistic :confused: x
Hi, I would like to join, but will have to wait to set my goal until I get back and can weigh. This will be about 7th October, need to assess any weight gain, or not, before any commitment. I would like the goal to be my target weight, this depends on my starting point, of course. After failing the spring into fall challenge I will try and be more realistic this time.

I hope I can be around some scales for the full challenge this time to join in properly as I think it helped a bit to have a challenge goal.
Hi Julianna please count me in. Would like to lose 6 kgs and reduce my carbs. Not sure what to, would welcome thoughts from all on what a suitable carb intake is
Wow.. we've got to 39 members for the challenge to start soon...

thanks to the last set of people joining. ..
Member 28 : @nursebean
Member 29: @Lizbean
Member 30: @azaleagirl
Member 31: @rockchic
Member 32: @bobshouse
Member 33: @Geekycat
Member 34: @Debs
Member 35: @Triphopmamma
Member 36: @tammae
Member 37: @Alexandra
Member 38: @Gill
Member 39 @juliewil10
Wow.. we've got to 39 members for the challenge to start soon...

thanks to the last set of people joining. ..
Member 28 : @nursebean
Member 29 @Lizbean
Member 30: @azaleagirl
Member 31: @rockchick
Member 32: @bobshouse
Member 33 : @Geekycat
Member 34: @Debs
Member 35: @Triphopmamma
Member 36: @tammae
Member 37: @Alexandra
Member 38: @Gill
Member 39 @juliewil10
CandiceMarie wrote: Number six here..
Sorry JR@Juliana.Riversknow i' m an enormous pain in the pinny,but ive been far too ambitious with my goal of losing a lb a week,seeing as i' m struggling so much this year..may i change my personal challenge to a five lb weight loss in 12 weeks?Pathetic but realistic :confused: x

no problemo. a realistic target is always better. never pathetic
Alexandra wrote: Hi

I would love to join in. Never tried one of these challenges before but would like to give it a go. Not quite sure about a goal though. The extra bits I thought a bit about. I would like to cut down to 1 latte a day on food days, especially coming into the colder months that would be enough for me.

12 week challenge so maybe the goal could be 6kg weight loss? Would that be reasonable?

I'll confirm the goal later if possible otherwise set it to 6kg or 1 pound/week.

@Alexandra. I would suggest halving the goal to say 3kg. or 1/2 pound a week. based on other people here have done. 3kg or around 5 or 6 pounds seems to be a popular number for 12 weeks.
Do others agree?
juliewil10 wrote: ..please count me in. Would like to lose 6 kgs and reduce my carbs. Not sure what to, would welcome thoughts from all on what a suitable carb intake is

Can someone from the low carb tent offer advice here for @juliewil10
Hi
thanks @julianna. I thought later that 6kg might be asking for trouble. Please change my goal to 6 pounds or 3kg. If all goes well and I loose more it would be lovely but at least I won't stress if it goes slow.
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
juliewil10 wrote: ..please count me in. Would like to lose 6 kgs and reduce my carbs. Not sure what to, would welcome thoughts from all on what a suitable carb intake is

Can someone from the low carb tent offer advice here for @juliewil10

@juliewil10
Hello just pop into the low carb for 2014 tent, get yourself a calorie counter app or find a list of carb values. Get rid of white carbs eg. Bread, pasta, potatoes, rice , sugar, fruit, fruit juices and only have carbs from veggies berries and salads. And your off. You may have more protein and fat but not too much. Hope this is a start. The daily carb allowance is an on going discussion but if you read through the thread there are many pointers as to how much will help reduce your weight.

I will be back @Juliana.Rivers to decide my XMAS goal, but count me in.
Hi

Can I be a member please?

I have gained the 5kg I lost back in Feb and have struggled through all of this Winter, I need to lose it again for health reasons, Diabetes type2, IBS, et. I want to go back to two fast days, and on those days not have any sugar (except fruit) and keep the bread to a minimum (perhaps only two slices per week)

Looking forward to rejoining, I have been missing in action for a while I need to get my focus back and with your help, I know I can do it.

cheers,
Maggie :smile: :smile:
Hello just pop into the low carb for 2014 tent, get yourself a calorie counter app or find a list of carb values. Get rid of white carbs eg. Bread, pasta, potatoes, rice , sugar, fruit, fruit juices and only have carbs from veggies berries and salads. And your off. You may have more protein and fat but not too much. Hope this is a start. The daily carb allowance is an on going discussion but if you read through the thread there are many pointers as to how much will help reduce your weight.

That list of things to avoid? Its all the best things isn't it? What's left?!! :shock:
Count me in! Just restarted 5:2 this week so motivation high.
Goal - to lose 6 kg
Trying to up my exercise. Monday swim and Friday cycle/walk.
Reducing sweet treats on non fast days.

Second fast this week and have more energy already. X
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 4 of 60