The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 12 of 60
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 60 Next
Kmaree, in my extensive dieting and now fasting experience, I recommend the tortoise not the hare approach! I don't know how much you have to lose but if isn't a huge amount, you will find it a bit slower. This is a change to eating for the long term and you don't want to burn out or get too disheartened too quickly.
Realistically, people lose varying amounts and 8kg may be too ambitious. I would hate to see you give up.

Anyway, my method, a mix of fasting and 16:8 with low carb and seriously watching my sugar intake.
Debs
Juliana...
I am revising my challenge numbers...sorry for the extra work!
I want to Challenge myself to lose 13 lbs total which will make my weight exactly 200 lbs.
I will also stick with doing the 25 daily push ups.
Thank you!
Tammae #36
Really stuck so will combine with low carb and see if I can get to 89k by Christmas
Tammae wrote: Juliana...
I am revising my challenge numbers...sorry for the extra work!
I want to Challenge myself to lose 13 lbs total which will make my weight exactly 200 lbs.
I will also stick with doing the 25 daily push ups.
Thank you!
Tammae #36

Not a problem at all @Tammae, i encourage refining as often as you want. Ive updated you in the main list
200 lbs looks good!
Practically just a day left till we start or 2 if your on the other side of the world.

new additions... thanks for joining and good luck to all

Member 84: @nznicole.
Member 85: @revmk
Member 86:@Skippy
Member 87: @Kmaree
Carrieme wrote: Really stuck so will combine with low carb and see if I can get to 89k by Christmas

Hello there @Carrieme, welcome to this forum. You'll find that a number of people here have been combining low carb and IF for some time and it's working well for them. There's a low carvers area where you might find some helpful tips or can ask questions:
fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/2014-low-carbers-tent-t10527.html

If you use the forum tracker it might give you some useful guidance, particularly as to the 89kg goal you've set yourself in this challenge.
tracker.php

Good Luck :clover:
Skippy wrote: Goal 2: Lose 5kg in the process
Newbie to the forum. Have started 5:2 before but it has trailed off when work and family life have been busy. Trying again and hoping some support and accountability will make the difference this time!
Well, welcome to this forum, @Skippy, as the people here are friendly and helpful, and there's support and accountability in substantial quantities.

*Life* does happen and pull us away from good habits we wish to cultivate. It's my observation from a number of IF forums that sometimes IF doesn't gel with people the first time but they return to it when they feel ready and they have a successful re-start and achieve their goals.

If you use the forum tracker it might give you some useful guidance, particularly as to the goals you've set yourself in this challenge.
tracker.php

Good Luck :clover:
Hello, I'm member #48 :grin:

I'm so ready for this challenge.... end of a fast day for me (after about a year away from IF) and it feels GOOD!

I just want to check I know what we will be doing with the challenge. Will a new thread be started for us all to enter our starting weights and to get the chat/support going - or will we just continue to chat on this thread - I'm just worried I might not be able to find it on this newer forum!! ;)

night,

JB x
Hi Julianna - just checking you got my updated goals. See below - many thanks.

Hi, number 64 back with my goals...!

Goal: 5lb weight loss (hopefully more)
Method: 5:2, low carb every day, one cheat day (16:8) a week
Extra challenge: I'm aiming for 4 alcohol-free days a week

Will weigh myself on Wednesday 1st October for starting weight.

Thank you Juliana and good luck everyone!

Goal: 5lb weight loss (hopefully more)
Method: 5:2, low carb every day, one cheat day (16:8) a week
Extra challenge: I'm aiming for 4 alcohol-free days a week

Will weigh myself on Wednesday 1st October for starting weight.

Thank you Juliana and good luck everyone!
My goal is to lose a stone by Christmas, 5:2 style & my challenge is to eat clean so no gluten, little added sugar, no cow dairy (goats/ sheep milk cheese/ yogurt & non dairy milk) non- processed food. 1 daddy cheat (meal) & 1 baby cheat (smaller cheat) per week
This is exciting!
Lianne K Douglas wrote: My goal is to lose a stone by Christmas...
This is exciting!
Hello again (from today's fasting thread), @Lianne K Douglas - I hope that @Juliana.Rivers can give you a shiny membership number for the 2014 Christmas Challenge.

Have you filled out your tracker information so that you can read the guidance there for you fast day and non-fast day food intake/kcal levels? And for what would be a good rate of weight loss for you?
tracker.php

Best wishes for your health and wellbeing goals :)
Hi @ssure I'll have a look at that thanks x
Hi there , Juliana, I am already #34, I just committed myself to some actions!
2014 Christmas Challenge
30 Sep 2014, 02:02
First post on these forums. A Christmas challenge sounds good. All has been going well, so I don't want to go too overboard on the challenge, the challenge will be staying the course!

My challenge goal is:

Lose 6lbs get to 139 lbs
Keep up exercise ( min. 3 run, 3 tabata/hiit, 3 weights & core/week)
Limit sugar. (None on fast days, of course, otherwise limited to special occasion home baking and fri/sat wine.
I have started successfully in Feb 13. About a year ago not sure what happend but started on a downward spiral. Health has not been great! But I am back again and determined to make a real go of this. My goal is to lose 12 pounds on 4:3 and 18;6 on non fast days. I will be 50 in 2 weeks! I owe it to myself for health reasons. I will give up chocolate (except options low cal drinking variety!) and crisps. I will also endeavour to use myfitnessl to log my intake.
I do pilates and would like to embark upon walking at least 2 times a week. The main thing is to increase my water consumption too.
I found this forum a godsend last time & hope to be a regular user. Wish me luck!!
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 12 of 60