The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 11 of 60
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 60 Next
Hi guys, is there room for a little one?
My goal is to lose 8lbs getting me to 9 stone. That was my goal last year but I've coasted ever since and now I need to get a grip of myself and actually do it.
I'm planning to do 4:3 unless life gets in the way and I'll do 5:2. I'm also upping the exercise and lowering the refined carbs if I can.
Another 7 for the christmas group.. Keep em coming. plenty of room.. lets make it to a neat 100. 3 days to go.

Member 77 : @faith
Member 78: @River Song
Member 79: @Julieshaun
Member 80: @lizzieh
Member 81: @Rbrum
Member 82: @gillymary
Member 83 @JennyH10

Nervous excitement for me as i wont be able to have a treat like last night for a bit. My sis made a neat Key lime pie and that goes in my no go zone for the full 12 weeks from October 1

keylime1.jpg
keylime1.jpg (75.68 KiB) Viewed 428 times

keylime2.jpg
keylime2.jpg (97.07 KiB) Viewed 428 times
I am probably setting myself up for failure,but I would like to be under 60kg, and then under 9 stone (bilingual!).
Slow steps. I'm shall weigh myself on Wednesday and see how I go.
Debs wrote: I am probably setting myself up for failure,but I would like to be under 60kg, and then under 9 stone (bilingual!).
Slow steps. I'm shall weigh myself on Wednesday and see how I go.

You can do it @Debs. only 1.6kg to go!
Do you have any extra challenge and what is your planned method. ?
I desire to join the Christmas Challenge 2014. I have been reading about the 5:2 diet and made a few attempts to eat latter in the day a few times to test my mettle, but I have yet to set my mind to it. I'd like to use the Christmas Challenge to make the 5:2 diet the beginning of a new way of life. So I'll think more on how to formulate this as a goal. Thank you for this opportunity.
Welcome@revmk goals don't have to be complicated trying 5:2 for the weeks leading up to Christmas could be your goal. You could always add to it as we go along.
Yikes @Julianna.Rivers now I want to go out make a key lime pie and eat it :curse:
Hi, number 64 back with my goals...!

Goal: 5lb weight loss (hopefully more)
Method: 5:2, low carb every day, one cheat day (16:8) a week
Extra challenge: I'm aiming for 4 alcohol-free days a week

Will weigh myself on Wednesday 1st October for starting weight.

Thank you Juliana and good luck everyone!
#65 back from the holibobs & reporting in. I ate what I liked & managed to put on 2lbs which wasn't too bad considering. Must have been all the walking. :like:

Had a chat with my gym man about him recommending me giving up grains/potatoes/rice etc. so it seems to be basically paleo/primal I think. Told him I'd read up on it so did & decided I'll give it a cautious go although I may just give up the grains rather than go the whole paleo hog with dairy & all.

So -
Goal: 14lbs (more would be totally ok)
Method: 5:2 - We eat at 6.30'ish so no food after my last meal of the day until 6.30pm the following day
Extra Challenge: No grains
Extra, Extra Challenge: No added sugar. While I don't drink much tea, I can't drink it without sugar & don't do sweeteners so going cold turkey & giving up the sugar.

Good luck all.
Good luck @patchworkperson and welcome @revmk
Only three more sleeps folks then - let the challenge begin! X
Goal 1: Stick with 5:2 for the 12 week challenge
Goal 2: Lose 5kg in the process
Goal 3: Try and move more - exercise at least 3 times a week

Newbie to the forum. Have started 5:2 before but it has trailed off when work and family life have been busy. Trying again and hoping some support and accountability will make the difference this time!
Patchworkperson wrote: #65 back from the holibobs & reporting in. I ate what I liked & managed to put on 2lbs which wasn't too bad considering. Must have been all the walking. :like:

Had a chat with my gym man about him recommending me giving up grains/potatoes/rice etc. so it seems to be basically paleo/primal I think. Told him I'd read up on it so did & decided I'll give it a cautious go although I may just give up the grains rather than go the whole paleo hog with dairy & all.

So -
Goal: 14lbs (more would be totally ok)
Method: 5:2 - We eat at 6.30'ish so no food after my last meal of the day until 6.30pm the following day
Extra Challenge: No grains
Extra, Extra Challenge: No added sugar. While I don't drink much tea, I can't drink it without sugar & don't do sweeteners so going cold turkey & giving up the sugar.

Good luck all.

hi.. its good @Patchworkpersonhow you have spoken to your gym guy to guide you
all the best for your 12 week challenge!
I stopped doing the 5.2 about 4 months ago and tried loosing the weight other ways. I was doing ok but menopause is a real bummer. So now I have just started again today and saw this challenge and thought that sounds like a good idea. I don't know my weight yet but I would like to loose about 6kg for xmas.
My Goal
Weight loss 16 lbs
Using 5:2
To achieve this, on my non fast days I will eat less bread and pasta, less refined sugar, and more vegetables. Exercising using my Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD
I'd like to register. I haven't been doing this long, so it is hard to predict how this is going to go (only been doing this for 2 weeks). My goal is 8kg. I will be doing 5:2 with the occasional 4:3 if necessary. Try to limit my added sugar intake on regular days (I don't eat sugar on my fast days). Exercise - walking 20 - 30 minutes 3 days per week, 20 minutes of T-tapp 2 days per week (this is subject to change as times goes on).
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 11 of 60