The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 9 of 60
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 60 Next
Hi there,

Goal : 5kg loss
Method: low carbs on fast days; moderate other days.
Extra : alcohol - Only 1 - 2 glasses wine once a week

Been ADF'ing since June 2014 and lost 8kg but stalled now for 4 weeks but still stayed on plan. Think it could be too many carbs and overeating on feast days although I have never strayed from <500 cals on fast days. Lose willpower with alcohol, even one small glass wine? Fast days after heavy carb feast day pretty difficult. Also changed hormone medication and went through weeks of flushes, moods and feeling starving. Seems under control now so lets hope to start losing again.
wow this bus is certainly getting packed prior to departure!

Have been reading through posts looking at goals (2stone in some cases - hats off to you ambitious people!) and what you are going to change - I have cut out most of the nasties such as bread, pasta etc so am wondering whether to go for alcohol - I know it helps weightloss and am thinking if I do that, by Xmas I will only need 1 glass of wine and will be under the table so will consume less then too!

Few more days to decide .................
Madcatlady wrote: wow this bus is certainly getting packed prior to departure!

Have been reading through posts looking at goals (2stone in some cases - hats off to you ambitious people!) and what you are going to change - I have cut out most of the nasties such as bread, pasta etc so am wondering whether to go for alcohol - I know it helps weightloss and am thinking if I do that, by Xmas I will only need 1 glass of wine and will be under the table so will consume less then too!

Few more days to decide .................

Yes it is getting packed, the bus.

Regarding your question, I agree with the others give up the alcohol.. except for a big Christmas function of course. With my quitting sugar "extra" im gonna have to give up the Saturday wine for the duration of the 12 weeks. I will survive.

this is a good recent article here. ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink ... ealed.html
Goal: 9stone6 by Christmas
Method: 5:2, and attempting to stop overeating on the normal days. One of my jobds is to keep the tuck shop stocked up at work, and I sit right next to it!
Extras: keep my nose out of the tuck shop, and give up booze in the evenings after work.
I'm in too
My goal is 7lb and to be under 12 stone for Christmas.
I will achieve this with basic 5:2

I'm not giving stuff up as that only sets me up to fail! I crave the things I'm not allowed and usually end up bingeing.
#12 Goal for this challenge:

Ooops just checked, I already set my goals. I forgot! :oops:

6lb it is,
with 90% grain free. Grains really mess with me.
Last fall I was steady on 5-2 and hit my goal by Christmas. Yet here I am again needing to lose. I am hoping Christmas club will help me with a sense of community to finally stop the yo yo of losing and gaining.
I would like to make this challenge my official restart. I did 5:2 in 2013 and lost 30 lbs. with ease but gradually slipped away and regained.

Goal: 10 lbs.
Extra: posting somewhere on the forum a minimum of 5 days a week. I know I need to stay connected to stay motivated.

Dee
how good is this.. weve made it to 76 members already with just under a week before we start
Latest additions...
Member 68: @Gosia
Member 69: @Kelly25-tr
Member 70: @Wiltshire Jo
Member 71: @qwerky
Member 72: @Mokolodi
Member 73: @emilyandmeg
Member 74: @Karenm
Member 75: @mowdeur
Member 76: @drDee

Are you ready... if you have joined are your goals in place?
Have you a method you plan to stick to strictly. Is there an "extra" challenge you want to give yourself?
Hi @qwerky.. yes you are registering in the right place. See post 1 in this thread.. you are member number 71! you have so many challenge friends to help spur you on. Yes. those spuds, bread , cake and rice crackers can be evil unless done very moderately. i love potato in any way and have so many recipes in my portfolio but i can only eat them on non fast days and try to do so in moderation. Tell us more about "Teacher Callanetics"

I deleted my original post so this doesn't get too long; I find the posts hard to scan through to read because the signatures are so long. You asked me about Callanetics: I'm an instructor of Callanetics here in Canberra (and the only one!). Callanetics is a no impact exercise technique similar to yoga and pilates, which pulls you in and up very quickly. We stretch out a muscle to it's comfortable maximum and then 'pulse' into that muscle; the smaller the movement, the more effective it is at toning. You can find my page In Tune Callanetics on Facebook.
qwerky wrote:
Hi @qwerky.. yes you are registering in the right place. See post 1 in this thread.. you are member number 71! you have so many challenge friends to help spur you on. Yes. those spuds, bread , cake and rice crackers can be evil unless done very moderately. i love potato in any way and have so many recipes in my portfolio but i can only eat them on non fast days and try to do so in moderation. Tell us more about "Teacher Callanetics"

I deleted my original post so this doesn't get too long; I find the posts hard to scan through to read because the signatures are so long. You asked me about Callanetics: I'm an instructor of Callanetics here in Canberra (and the only one!). Callanetics is a no impact exercise technique similar to yoga and pilates, which pulls you in and up very quickly. We stretch out a muscle to it's comfortable maximum and then 'pulse' into that muscle; the smaller the movement, the more effective it is at toning. You can find my page In Tune Callanetics on Facebook.

Interesting about your Callanetics classes. I found your facebook, thanks.
Hi I would like to join :victory:
faith wrote: Hi I would like to join :victory:

No worries, do you know what your goal will be for the 12 weeks. and ill put in post 1
I'd like to join this challenge as a way to give myself a kick start after falling off the 5:2 wagon over the last three months after a major upheaval in my life. Luckily I've been on a plateau rather than putting weight back on, but I have some way to go in my journey so would like to shift 3.5kg by Christmas.

My method will be 5:2, with 4:3 when I can manage it, and wine only on Saturdays and Sundays.
Hello Juliana,

I have a question please.....

* Will we be getting on the scales weekly, every Wednesday (as the start day is a wednesday) as if so, I will need to plan to have a fast day on a Tuesday (NEVER get on the scales after a feed day!!)

thanks so much,

JB x
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 60 Next
895 posts Page 9 of 60