The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 59 of 60
Previous 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
I'm utterly delighted to be maintaining. I was 60lbs heavier in 2011 (plus the weirdness of whatever happened to my lean body mass to make it disappear) and so uncomfortable that I literally didn't recognise the sensation of being in my own body. I couldn't judge the size of a gap through which I could walk. And, whenever I had a bad episode of IBS bloat, I had to support my stomach with a floor cushion if I wanted to lie down.

I'm pleased to be able to maintain: it's something I can't be complacent about because I know the statistics about regain but I know that I'm doing what I can. And a substantial part of that is participating in helpful fora - it's too easy to go awry when forum participation lapses. :)

Thanks again, @Juliana.Rivers.
SSure wrote: I'm utterly delighted to be maintaining. I was 60lbs heavier in 2011 (plus the weirdness of whatever happened to my lean body mass to make it disappear) and so uncomfortable that I literally didn't recognise the sensation of being in my own body. I couldn't judge the size of a gap through which I could walk. And, whenever I had a bad episode of IBS bloat, I had to support my stomach with a floor cushion if I wanted to lie down.

I'm pleased to be able to maintain: it's something I can't be complacent about because I know the statistics about regain but I know that I'm doing what I can. And a substantial part of that is participating in helpful fora - it's too easy to go awry when forum participation lapses. :)

Thanks again, @Juliana.Rivers.


27kg in 3 years is simply amazing! And maintaining the success. so happy for you @ssure.
Love to hear any more updates from the original 150 challengers who have not officially opted out or have already given us their final results.

For those that have reached goal, once again well done and hopefully you will be able to maintain that loss and never look back.

For those still struggling, keep going strong.. come back to the forum for more support and inspiration as much as you need. Weigh and measure often as it's important you know how you are doing. Keep fasting well and not just "half-fasts"

For those at their goal weight, keep up the good work. Weigh and measure, maybe at least once a month. And if you are using fasting as part of your maintenance regime, keep doing it and don't stop as this is a lifetime thing. Share your success with those around you and with all of us here as the strugglers need the inspiration.
I hit 181 lb ( 12 stone 13) Christmas eve but then have put on about 6lb since then. ( I don't drink normally but do have wine at Christmas and when with my MIL and I've done both this last week). So will get back to it next week when the kids are back to school. Haven't been jogging either as weather has been awful.
How is it the 6th January already? Well, I'm just getting in on the 12th day of Christmas with my final result for the challenge. Happy to say I ended up at 70.8kg, which is comfortably within my maintaining goal. I think the stress and madness of getting the wedding happening helped keep the Christmas snacking under control!

Apologies to other challengers that I haven't managed to keep up with how you were all going....hopefully you all had a fab Christmas and are ready and raring to go for the new year!

May the fast be with you all!
PeonyBlue wrote: How is it the 6th January already? Well, I'm just getting in on the 12th day of Christmas with my final result for the challenge. Happy to say I ended up at 70.8kg, which is comfortably within my maintaining goal. I think the stress and madness of getting the wedding happening helped keep the Christmas snacking under control!

Apologies to other challengers that I haven't managed to keep up with how you were all going....hopefully you all had a fab Christmas and are ready and raring to go for the new year!

May the fast be with you all!


Yes its freakish how Jan goes so quickly. Thanks for the update and well done on the final result and working with your goal. I put you in as reaching your goal on post 1.
I am still trying to get back into a proper fasting routine with working through Christmas leftovers on my eating days & have today had a last mince pie & a slice of pannetonne :shock: Being honest I am also struggling with my motivation to keep on fasting at the moment after the freedom of not fasting most of December! My OH & I did complete a fast day yesterday & I feel pleased about that but I do need to get my head around the benefits of fasting & I'm rereading The Fast Diet book to try & bolster my motivation. I still have 2 & 1/2 stone, 35lbs, to lose :frown:
Isis wrote: I am still trying to get back into a proper fasting routine with working through Christmas leftovers on my eating days & have today had a last mince pie & a slice of pannetonne :shock: Being honest I am also struggling with my motivation to keep on fasting at the moment after the freedom of not fasting most of December! My OH & I did complete a fast day yesterday & I feel pleased about that but I do need to get my head around the benefits of fasting & I'm rereading The Fast Diet book to try & bolster my motivation. I still have 2 & 1/2 stone, 35lbs, to lose :frown:


New year started, new motivation... see what you can do in January. Re-reading the book is actually a really good idea and maybe I should do it too. Thank you for the idea @Isis
Just wrapping up the challenge results and checking for any updates from the following assuming you are back from festive season...
(Only mentioning those that posted since initial post)
Apologies if you have already updated me, December became a little crazy as always. .. if so, just send me a note of date you posted and ill look it up
Member 6: @CandiceMarieLast update Oct 10
Member 8: @maryannemcconnellLast update Nov 9
Member 9: @DoodlePuppetLast update Nov 30
Member 13: @Sassy1 Last update Nov 24
Member 20 : @swan51Last update Oct 25
Member 22: @FernLast Update Oct 16
Member 41: @MaggieLast updated Oct 17
Member 42: @piperLast update Nov 8
Member 44 : @skinnyliLast update Dec 10
Member 46: @RielLast update: Nov 3
Member 52: @JanKenPonLast update Nov 2
Member 54: @MawdieLast update Nov 22
Member 67: @MegsMumLast update Oct 22
Member 73: @emilyandmegLast update Oct 22
Member 78: @River Song Last update Dec 2
Member 80; @lizziehLast Updated Oct 24
Member 81: @RbrumLast update Dec 9
Member 83 @JennyH10Last update Dec 13
Member 86:@SkippyLast update : Oct 26
Member 91: @niamoLast updated Nov 17
Member 10 @@MatillianLast updated Dec 17/color]

Speaking of challenges... is there another on the horizon?
Wow, Juliana, you must have kept good records to know when we last posted! :D

I just found my last post of 24 Nov, when I think I intended that I would be removing myself from the challenge, but didn't make it very clear!! The post was:

For various reasons I have not posted updates in a while...
I did see the 3kg loss I hoped for recently, tho only briefly. But I do feel that I have shed some of the excess fat I was concerned about and given my relatively low BMI, I think I should stop "worrying". Also given I can have a 1kg or more difference in my weight from one day to the next, fussing about small changes doesn't make sense.
Re my other challenge... On some nights I am able to stop eating after 8.30pm, but not in general. Though I do believe that eating in the evenings is not the best thing to do, I enjoy it. And, again, given my BMI, my %body fat, and the fact that all the tests the doctor did (to find out if there were other reasons for my loss of weight than diet) came back showing I am very healthy, then I think I can get away with some evening eating providing I eat reasonably mindfully. (End of 24 Nov post)

Before we left on holiday, just before Christmas, I had managed to keep off about 2.5 of those 3 kgs for most of the time since my 24 Nov post. To keep off 3kg was unrealistic, so I am happy with what I achieved then. :) (But I am sure I put them all, and more, back on while on holiday due to eating lots and not doing much exercise. I decided not to weigh myself until I have done a few fasts ... )

Re the other challenge, I think my feeling is the same as I reported on 24 Nov.

Thanks again for all your work with this challenge! :)
Sassy1 wrote: Wow, Juliana, you must have kept good records to know when we last posted! :D

I just found my last post of 24 Nov, when I think I intended that I would be removing myself from the challenge, but didn't make it very clear!! The post was:

For various reasons I have not posted updates in a while...
I did see the 3kg loss I hoped for recently, tho only briefly. But I do feel that I have shed some of the excess fat I was concerned about and given my relatively low BMI, I think I should stop "worrying". Also given I can have a 1kg or more difference in my weight from one day to the next, fussing about small changes doesn't make sense.
Re my other challenge... On some nights I am able to stop eating after 8.30pm, but not in general. Though I do believe that eating in the evenings is not the best thing to do, I enjoy it. And, again, given my BMI, my %body fat, and the fact that all the tests the doctor did (to find out if there were other reasons for my loss of weight than diet) came back showing I am very healthy, then I think I can get away with some evening eating providing I eat reasonably mindfully. (End of 24 Nov post)

Before we left on holiday, just before Christmas, I had managed to keep off about 2.5 of those 3 kgs for most of the time since my 24 Nov post. To keep off 3kg was unrealistic, so I am happy with what I achieved then. :) (But I am sure I put them all, and more, back on while on holiday due to eating lots and not doing much exercise. I decided not to weigh myself until I have done a few fasts ... )

Re the other challenge, I think my feeling is the same as I reported on 24 Nov.

Thanks again for all your work with this challenge! :)


I got into the rhythm with it all and was able to update with eyes closed, starting with the date i was updating for and then jut copying in the post with the date. Of course if someone made a big achievement i would reply personally where i could.

I updated your post @Sassy1. Good on you for the good result.
Juliana - I failed miserably I am afraid, lots of things going on and am ashamed to say I succumbed to all the delicious treats and festivities pre-Christmas! However, 5th January has been my re-start and a commitment to give this 10 months at least til end of October. So far I am down 1 kg after 2 fasts. And will keep going! Am sorry I didn't keep you posted in December.
maryannemcconnell wrote: Juliana - I failed miserably I am afraid, lots of things going on and am ashamed to say I succumbed to all the delicious treats and festivities pre-Christmas! However, 5th January has been my re-start and a commitment to give this 10 months at least til end of October. So far I am down 1 kg after 2 fasts. And will keep going! Am sorry I didn't keep you posted in December.


@maryannemcconnellmost important thing is that you look like you are are well and truly back on track with both motivation and your fasting. well done!
Hi JR,as for most of 2014, i didnt manage very well with the challenge and have nothing to report i' m afraid,tho was quite good in December. Doing better so far in 2015! :like: every day is a new opportunity! X
Hello!
#108, my final result, well, after the holidays :S is 65.9
I started the challenge at 67.6kgs, lost 1.7kgs
Looking forward for the next challenge! 6kgs to goal weight.
Thank you for all the hard work.
Previous 1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
895 posts Page 59 of 60
Similar Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!

cron