The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

895 posts Page 58 of 60
Previous 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
Hey all. im back from the festivities.. dont you love the puddin' and if you look close enough you will see it alight

christmaspudding.jpg
christmaspudding.jpg (119.22 KiB) Viewed 808 times

I think i have updated your posts.. even @Panda_Po that i keep missing though not sure if youve posted your Week 12 result... is there a way of searching a thread for posts by a particular person?

anyhow if you havent updated or i havent posted your post in the summary final results let me know. if youve made target and i havent picked it up let me know as thats already happened. some come in with a big fanfare so i cant miss it .. some shyly report their elation. anyhow so far its 13 that have made goal. if you have maintained and kept in maintenance let me know too.

been a fun challenge so hopefully i shall have the same enthusiasm for another in 2015.

I didnt make target but feel really healthy so im just as happy even if i am carrying a few more kilos i could lose. I call my extra kilos my sexy kilos - i have my tummy but also have my sexy boobs lol :wink:
#11 here.

I ended up pretty much maintaining a pound higher than my lowest weight of the quarter, rather than losing anything, but that is pretty good for a quarter that included a visit to my son and eating at his new restaurant and lots of other fine places, a 5 day conference with lavish buffets provided, Thanksgiving and the runup to Christmas.

I was 154 lbs this time last year, lost 2 lbs low eating carb/low cal through January, and then started 5:2 in February at 152 lbs. My Libra trend weight as of last week was 140.0 lbs. (10 stone for you Brits!) I have only been weighing for that one week a month, as planned, and like not being so enslaved, emotionally, to the scale. If I can maintain near 140 lbs I'll be doing fine.

I'll keep on fasting twice a week until the end of February and then, when my year is over, decide if I want to cut back to perhaps 6 fasts a month.
peebles wrote: #11 here.

I ended up pretty much maintaining a pound higher than my lowest weight of the quarter, rather than losing anything, but that is pretty good for a quarter that included a visit to my son and eating at his new restaurant and lots of other fine places, a 5 day conference with lavish buffets provided, Thanksgiving and the runup to Christmas.

I was 154 lbs this time last year, lost 2 lbs low eating carb/low cal through January, and then started 5:2 in February at 152 lbs. My Libra trend weight as of last week was 140.0 lbs. (10 stone for you Brits!) I have only been weighing for that one week a month, as planned, and like not being so enslaved, emotionally, to the scale. If I can maintain near 140 lbs I'll be doing fine.

I'll keep on fasting twice a week until the end of February and then, when my year is over, decide if I want to cut back to perhaps 6 fasts a month.

Hey @Peebles thanks for updating us and well done on maintaining.
I noticed you said 10 stone for Brits... hey how about us Aussies that are metric... Curious.. is "stone" not a measurement in America?
Curious too.. why you aren't fasting more than 6 fasts a month?
I think I may have done it, or something goodish. I'll report on 30th Dec my first fastiversary.
Best wishes to all.
Lizx
Lizbean wrote: I think I may have done it, or something goodish. I'll report on 30th Dec my first fastiversary.
Best wishes to all.
Lizx

2 DAYS TO GO! DONT EAT. Kidding Liz but whatever happens you will be pleased I am sure.

Keep us posted @lizbean
@Juliana.Rivers, Americans don't weigh in stones, indeed, I had never heard of that way of measuring weight until I started reading this group. I have to get out my calculator anytime anyone uses it.

I have been fasting twice a week all this past year, in straightforward 5:2 fashion and am pretty sure I have only missed 2 fasts, this week being one of them. But once I have completed my year, in late February, I will be all done with weight loss, wherever I end up. I don't think I will be able to maintain cutting back to one fast per week, but I was thinking if I fasted one day one week and two days the next week, I might create enough of a calorie deficit over the month to be able to maintain.
I'm so delighted that I joined this challenge, because although I've put on weight over Christmas (looks like about 2kg, but really my lowest weight on 20th Dec was after two days fasting, so wasn't a true figure), it would have been worse if I hadn't lost some to start off with! Thanks @Juliana.Rivers It's been great reading everyone's stories... Really motivating. :like:
I'm now not giving in to it (as I did on reaching goal before Christmas 2013), but will shift this holiday surplus and find a way to maintain at a more realistic weight than my previous target.
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
Lizbean wrote: I think I may have done it, or something goodish. I'll report on 30th Dec my first fastiversary.
Best wishes to all.
Lizx

2 DAYS TO GO! DONT EAT. Kidding Liz but whatever happens you will be pleased I am sure.

Keep us posted @lizbean

ONE DAY to go - counting down the hours @Juliana.Rivers and drinking gallons of water. I'm so excited at reaching my fastiversary - I could explode! I'll leave that part till tomorrow :wink:
Well I "tagged" my target Dec. 1 and then immediately bounced up 3 pounds and maintained 2-3 pounds over 140 (10 stone/ 63.6 kg :wink: ) for the rest of the month and am at 141 today after a regular fast day yesterday. Refused to weigh myself after Christmas dinner :pig: but all seemed OK a few days later.
Rather quite chuffed , actually :cool: .
I am somewhat shocked in a good way. I can't believe it's a whole year and that I am 25 pounds lighter than last Christmas. ..and 45 lb lighter than Mar.2013 - my heaviest EVER. This WOE/WOL really is magical for me, as I posted months ago and I feel like I can maintain it for life. And this forum is key to my success. Luv ya guys :heart: :heart: :heart:
Golarne wrote: I'm so delighted that I joined this challenge, because although I've put on weight over Christmas (looks like about 2kg, but really my lowest weight on 20th Dec was after two days fasting, so wasn't a true figure), it would have been worse if I hadn't lost some to start off with! Thanks @Juliana.Rivers It's been great reading everyone's stories... Really motivating. :like:
I'm now not giving in to it (as I did on reaching goal before Christmas 2013), but will shift this holiday surplus and find a way to maintain at a more realistic weight than my previous target.

Thank you @Golarnefor your words of appreciation and motivation for all of us. Challenges are good as it keeps your mind on the task and you avoid "mindless" eating just because the food is there.
Lizbean wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
Best wishes to all.
Lizx

Keep us posted @lizbean

ONE DAY to go - counting down the hours @Juliana.Rivers and drinking gallons of water. I'm so excited at reaching my fastiversary - I could explode! I'll leave that part till tomorrow :wink:

@Lizbean how lovely those words.. I'm so excited I could explode. It is a beautiful thing when you can take control of your health and happiness through mindful eating (and fasting).. looking forward to the big result tomorrow!
judithn wrote: I can't believe it's a whole year and that I am 25 pounds lighter than last Christmas. ..and 45 lb lighter than Mar.2013 - my heaviest EVER. This WOE/WOL really is magical for me, as I posted months ago and I feel like I can maintain it for life. And this forum is key to my success. Luv ya guys :heart: :heart: :heart:

Great words of inspiration for each and every one of us on the forum. thank you @judithn
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
judithn wrote: I can't believe it's a whole year and that I am 25 pounds lighter than last Christmas. ..and 45 lb lighter than Mar.2013 - my heaviest EVER. This WOE/WOL really is magical for me, as I posted months ago and I feel like I can maintain it for life. And this forum is key to my success. Luv ya guys :heart: :heart: :heart:

Great words of inspiration for each and every one of us on the forum. thank you @judithn

@judithn and @Juliana.Rivers, when I read this post I realised that I am 22lb/10kg (recorded weight) lighter than this time last year. How is that for "WOW"! :victory: And, I know for a fact and years of experience, that this would not be the case without 5:2 and the support I have received from forum members. :heart:
@chinchin@judithn congrats to you :victory: - what a year, we spend time focusing on accomplishing and it a huge shock realising and accepting our accomplishment. :heart: @Juliana.rivers - thanks very much :star: Juliana :star: for running this challenge, I reached my final goal, to maintain with your great help :victory:
chinchin wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:

@judithn and @Juliana.Rivers, when I read this post I realised that I am 22lb/10kg (recorded weight) lighter than this time last year. How is that for "WOW"! :victory: And, I know for a fact and years of experience, that this would not be the case without 5:2 and the support I have received from forum members. :heart:

Great job @Lizbeanfor reaching goal and moving to maintenance the enthusiasm in your fastiversary post is so inspiring to all of us... delighted-or-disappointed-f23/delighted-my-1st-fastiversary-t13610.html
Previous 1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 Next
895 posts Page 58 of 60