The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

304 posts Page 4 of 21
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21 Next
Please may I join in this challenge. I have never ever succeeded in any weight loss challenges or goals either through fasting or simply calorie control. I would like to lose 5kgs by 20 Dec 2105, but 4kgs would be excellent..... my christmas present to myself.
:smile:
Number 8 reporting in. Today is a fast day for me. I'm hoping to get back on track. For I have been losing the same 2 lbs. for the past 3 weeks. I need to stop sabotaging myself.
For those who are fasting today I hope you have a great fast day.
Good luck with the challenge @skinnyli! :like:
@loveswalking i know only too well that losing the same few pounds experience!
You have my sympathy..i know it takes a big effort to move on past it,but you can do it :victory: xx
Please count me in! My goal is to lose one pound per week until Christmas (on average) to get down to approximately 190 pounds. I will fast twice per week (usually Mondays and Wednesdays). After a few weeks back on track, I will try to do the "only dinner" fasting method with a 500-600 calorie dinner but nothing else but coffee and water all day.
Please count me in.

Goals:
1. 2 x fast days per week
2. 4 hour eating window each day
3. Maintain current weight

Thank you :oops:
Member 11 here with my first weigh-in on this challenge:

Start: 148 lbs
10/05/15: 147.2 lbs

Not getting excited here as I tend to lose and regain the same pounds just like loveswalking. I also am going from Friday weigh-ins to Monday weigh-ins so not sure how accurate my number is. Had a weekend full of overeating. BUT, I had been stuck on148 for a couple of weeks and I recently read that if you eat more (1800-2400 calories) for 3 days (which I definitely did) and then go back to the lesser calorie regime, then you will lose again. Really hoping that's what's happening and that the weight won't be back tomorrow.
I hope this is how I join the Christmas challenge. I have just completed a 6 months fasting clinical research study in the USA. I lost 35 lbs so far and yet can see a few pounds creeping back once I am not filling out forms for the research study! I would like to lose an additional 10 lbs by Christmas. I fast 3 days per week ( complete fasting-no caloric intake) as was done in the research study at Washington University here. Thanks! Peggy K
Hello everybody
Member No. 2 reporting in. I completed a successful Fastday yesterday after many months of faffing around.

Started 91.7kg 1st Oct.
Down .400gm this morning. :like:
Thanks for the support @Juliana.Rivers - and for starting this Challenge, it's just what I needed. :heart:

Doing 16/8 this morning and another full fast on Thursday.

cheers,
Maggie. :smile:
May I join starting today please? I am doing 4:3 with M-W-F being my Fast Days of 400. My challenge goal is to lose 10 lbs. to weigh 140 & wear U.S. size 6 jeans by the 1st Day of Winter on 12/21.

I haven't done a challenge here since Easter 2014, because I stopped IFing while dealing with the hormonal mess of menopause. I am grateful to finally be on the other side of the Big M change of life, but have been stuck with a stubborn 15 lbs of weight that I regained and hasn't budged yet (have been going up & down same 1 lb. all summer with 16/8). Hoping that doing 4:3 during this challenge will help me get back into my size 6 wardrobe for the Holidays.
Thanks!
Best Wishes to All on your continued progress!
ETA:Goal weight changed to 140 lbs. for 10 lb. loss :reindeer:
I'm back from a long weekend break. Great to see so many new entrants to the challenge and updates too ! thank you .

I will update and reply to everyone over the next day or so :-)
janeg wrote: Marzipan...
janeg's downfall. Love the stuff. Eat it sliced as though it was cheese.
Bought some for sampling as it's Christmas cake making time and , you know, it gets to be in short supply, and I haven't had the stuff tou can get here, so I had to try it.
Between two squares of really dark chocolate.
It was good.
Now need to not polish off the rest of the 500g of it.
Oh, well. 'tis not the end of the world.
I'll buy more and just NOT OPEN THE PACKET.

JaneG I seem to get cravings for something different every now and then. Found that there is only one way of handling it. Not having it in the house. not even in an unopened packet. Its cause i know its there. I will never find myself running to the corner store or local shop for anything but if its in the kitchen i just know! It kills the craving.

My latest was Lurpak butter, yes butter. so I didnt buy it and told everyone else in the house not to bring any home. It worked.
Hi I would love to join the challenge. I am struggling so this will be good motivation. I will be happy to lose 4kg.
It is October 6th and I'm just joining now. I am going to attempt to lose 6 pounds by Dec. 20th. I have Hashimoto's Thyroid disease so weight loss can be stubborn. But the 5/2 finally seems to be something that may help! I've been doing it for about 6 weeks and have lost 5 pounds. I like the discipline of fasting for a number of reasons. (I'm new to this forum... not sure if I was supposed to sign up for the challenge somewhere else?) Thanks for setting all this up!
Wolfie wrote: I have never participated in any challenges but I think this time I must. I goal for this challenge is to lose 8kg (to get back where I was before the thyroid thing) but doubt very much that I will manage that until December 20th...but at least I can try by fasting Monday, Wednesday and the day of Friday until the weekend starts round 6pm. Wish me luck - I need it.

@Wolfie thank you for joining.. You are member 16. Good luck for your fast today. Let us know how you go.
WarriorPrincess wrote: I always seem to be late starting these things - but I so need to be in this one. I'll declare a starting weight of 11st 2.5. Losing another 3lbs would be fab - but even maintaining is a bit of a surprise at the moment. I'm in the other challenge too - maybe being in 2 challenges at the same time will do the trick!

I'd love to lose the 3lbs - I'll declare that as my target. But if I simply maintain I'll be quite pleased.

@WarriorPrincessthanks for joining the challenge and enjoy that 3 lbs loss! You are member 17
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21 Next
304 posts Page 4 of 21