The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

132 posts Page 2 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
Thank you! My trend weight on 11 January was 173.4 lbs. I weigh daily and use the Libra app on my phone. I'm currently doing ADF. I eat 500-600 calories on fast days and at TDEE on feed days.

Thanks for the challenge!
Thank you @Juliana.Rivers you are magic. Challenges work for me, they help me avoid the 'fog' and focus on my no one personal goal. :grin: As I'm maintaining my goal is a trend weight of 126, that keeps me in my acceptable weight region of 123-128lbs. Is this the shortest challenge todate?
@Maggie you have done so well, come on, time to get back in line and zap it :wink: :wink: :wink: :victory:
Good luck to all challengers, and especially Juliana! :clover: :smile:
Silverslimmer wrote: OK. Count me in too! 5-6 weeks into the weight loss is the time I start to cheat so this may keep me on track. Not sure I understand the Trend weight as I only weigh in once a week but as long as the tracker says I am a kilo lighter than I am now I will be happy at least.

Silverslimmer

@Silverslimmer.. welcome aboard.. you are challenger 6! Trend weight is probably more apt for daily weighers as it smooths out the bumps.. but its ok... just do the weekly. 1kg it will be!
BeautyNovice wrote: Thank you! My trend weight on 11 January was 173.4 lbs. I weigh daily and use the Libra app on my phone. I'm currently doing ADF. I eat 500-600 calories on fast days and at TDEE on feed days.

Thanks for the challenge!

Sounds good @BeautyNovice, as I mentioned in your progress thread, I love your attention to detail.
May I ask how you found us on the forum... there seems to be a lot of new members which is great..
WarriorPrincess wrote: Thank you @Juliana.Rivers - I'm in! This fits perfectly with my post-Xmas disaster-recovery plan. Unfortunately the scale of the disaster requires rather more than a kilo loss(!) I've already dropped the easiest couple of pounds through a fastday & resuming sensible eating. Today's weight is 11st 4.5 and the aim is to be back to 10st 13.5 by Valentines - just over 2kg to go.
I have my own Excel tracker but I go by 'today's weight'. I've found that if I can get to a weight then I can get back to it and I'm completely certain I could get back under 11st by Valentines - adding a Challenge target will be a great additional encouragement.

love the term "disaster recovery" in relation to our weight. ... You are member number 7 tag]WarriorPrincess[/tag] - will put you down for the 1kg challenge but note you are actually aiming for 2kg.

All the best.
Newgirl wrote: Let me know what I have to do,it's a great incentive,I am still learning about the forum.

Hi @Newgirl you are member 9 on this challenge.. You just have to weigh as often as you can.. if you can work out average weight that is good, and just report back on average weight at end of each week for 4 weeks and your final tally. Otherwise just actual weight.

Have you ever tried a phone app like Libra... its really good.. and calculates and graphs your trend weight though I do height when thats in the wrong direction :-)
Lizbean wrote: Thank you @Juliana.Rivers you are magic. Challenges work for me, they help me avoid the 'fog' and focus on my no one personal goal. :grin: As I'm maintaining my goal is a trend weight of 126, that keeps me in my acceptable weight region of 123-128lbs. Is this the shortest challenge todate?
@Maggie you have done so well, come on, time to get back in line and zap it :wink: :wink: :wink: :victory:
Good luck to all challengers, and especially Juliana! :clover: :smile:

Oh yes, this is the shortest challenge in history. Hey its about 30 days so think of how many grams, pounds, inches or centimetres can be shed in that time.

Just came to me when i realised nobody had started a challenge after my yet to be tallied Christmas one. Realised the time frame and thought 1kg is a nice neat number and achievable for most.

You are member 9 @Lizbean! Best of luck
cblasz wrote: I'm in. I do hope to lose more than that, but I definitely need to lose at least that much!
I don't typically weigh daily, but I can just use my weights from the last 3 days and take the average??
Thank you!

@cblasz you are Member number 10 in the challenge. yes, the weighing for 3 days and take the average is perfect! Just report at end of week on the last average weight, though if you want to show all actuals too thats good too as it shows others in the forum the beauty of averaging.

Thank you for joining.
StowgateResident wrote: Thank you for the welcome,@Juliana.Rivers! My starting weight on Monday, 11th January is 145.7 pounds, having fasted on Sunday and dropped from 149 pounds! I will be doing 'straight' 5:2 but with more careful eating on my non-fast days to ensure that I am not over-indulging too much!

Sounds like a plan @StowgateResident!
Many thanks for the support and encouragement @Lizbean - :heart: after my son's wedding and the Festive Season I did fall off the wagon slightly - have found it a bit of a struggle to get back to fasting and exercising. :oops:

I not only said goodbye to 4.7kg in the Supa Christmas Challenge, I also lost 10kg in total in 2015 - mainly doing two or three Fastdays and 16/8 and being sugar and grains free.

@Juliana.Rivers my starting weight today is 89.2 - I am looking forward to getting rid of the 1 kg asap and anymore will be a bonus. As you said, realistic goals, thanks for your support and encouragement. :heart:

Enjoy the challenge everybody, we can do it.

cheers
Maggie :smile: :like:
Maggiee wrote: Many thanks for the support and encouragement @Lizbean - :heart: after my son's wedding and the Festive Season I did fall off the wagon slightly - have found it a bit of a struggle to get back to fasting and exercising. :oops:

I not only said goodbye to 4.7kg in the Supa Christmas Challenge, I also lost 10kg in total in 2015 - mainly doing two or three Fastdays and 16/8 and being sugar and grains free.

@Juliana.Rivers my starting weight today is 89.2 - I am looking forward to getting rid of the 1 kg asap and anymore will be a bonus. As you said, realistic goals, thanks for your support and encouragement. :heart:

Enjoy the challenge everybody, we can do it.

cheers
Maggie :smile: :like:

Good to see you in a positive spirit @Maggiee. You can do it with 5:2 and 16:8 depending on the situation on the day and cutting back added sugar and carbs which seems to work for you as 4.7kg in Christmas challenge inad 10kg in full 2015 year is just awesome.

Let's be seeing 88.2 for you by Feb 14.
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
May I ask how you found us on the forum... there seems to be a lot of new members which is great..

Thanks, @Juliana.Rivers! I've used MyFitnessPal for years. Someone posted on a thread about their success on IF (21:3), which led to a comment about the 5:2 group on MFP. I found the Michael Mosley documentary there, but the group wasn't very active, so I Googled 5:2 and was led to the fast diet site, as well as this one.

I'm so glad!! This has been the greatest find!

Aside from the super-helpful information I've encountered here, I've found this an extremely supportive, welcoming, intelligent community. I really love the calorie tracking on MFP, and that there's a long history of users who post about their success. And there are many more comparison photos on that site, which I'm certifiably addicted to.

HOWEVER, the community on MFP varies from extremely supportive to extremely toxic. I still read success stories there, and as I said, I track my calories daily because it works for me. But I find myself participating with the community here, which is rare for me. It's s a testament to how warm and encouraging and knowledgeable you all are. Thank you so much for welcoming me!!!
PLEASE can I join this challenge. Failed miserably with the christmas one but would love to give this ago as it doesn't sound at all daunting.
Thank you for adding me! :smile:

Silverslimmer
Hi @Juliana.Rivers, please count me in! I haven't done a challenge since around this time last year so I think it might be time to give myself a kick up the backside! I would love to lose 1kg in the next few weeks.
I weigh weekly (or even fortnightly sometimes, but for this I will go with weekly) so I'm not promising to do the trend weight thing, though I will try and do three consecutive weigh-ins at the end of the challenge if I remember! It's good to try out different things to keep 5:2 interesting.

Thanks for organising!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
132 posts Page 2 of 9