The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

132 posts Page 1 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
The challenge is done, and thus far we record 8 successful challengers.. more than half the number of challengers!!! well done all

@MerryMelb, @Maggiee, and @StowgateResident and @BeautyNovice , @Silverslimmer, @WarriorPrincess, @Newgirl, @Lizbean ,@cblasz, @pamie123, @fancyacuppa , @Noodle, @SammyIAm and @Flic joined me to see if we can lose a full 1kg TREND WEIGHT by Feb 14. Or for the folk in imperial... thats 2.2 pounds.

For maintainers, your goal is to stick to your healthy weight range during the entire 4 week period.

For those losing the 1kg, given the length of time I am suggesting we use trend weight not real weight just using simple 3 day moving average, so weigh daily and total last 3 weights then divide by 3. ... or use something like Libra app on your phone to give you "trend weight" Trend weight smooths out the bumps in the graph and for such a short period is the best way to do it.

Report back weekly but measure daily. Of course if you strongly against daily weight measurement, please just do your normal method of weight at weekly or monthly intervals

FINAL RESULTS..
[/b. [b]

Member 1 @Juliana.Rivers trend weight didnt budge but i didnt see that horror number ... hmm once i did.
Member 2 @MerryMelb
Member 3 @Maggiee *** TARGET ACHIEVED 1.5kg lost as at 10th Feb ***
Member 4 @StowgateResident *** TARGET ACHIEVED 2.37kg lost as at 13th Feb ****
Member 5 @BeautyNovice *** TARGET ACHIEVED 1kg loss achieved Jan 29 ****
Member 6 @Silverslimmer *** TARGET ACHIEVED 1KG loss as at Feb 12 (2.4 pounds)
Member 7 @WarriorPrincess *** TARGET ACHIEVED (2.4kg lost as at Feb 14 ******* ... )
Member 8 @Newgirl
Member 9 @Lizbean *** TARGET ACHIEVED as at 2nd Feb, reporting well within maintenance range
Member 10 @cblasz *** TARGET ACHIEVED as at 14th Feb
Member 11 @pamie123 *** TARGET ACHIEVED as at the Feb, 1.5kg lost since Jan 15.
Member 12 @fancyacuppa
Member 13 @Noodle
Member 14 @SammyIAm TARGET ACHIEVED *** Dropped 2.54 kg trend weight since start as at 12th Feb ****
Member 15 @Flic No change in weight as at Feb 14.

Thats 15kg to lose in total across the group by Valentines ! Wont that be awesome.. ok everybody put on your fasting caps... and fast fast fast on your nominated days (or daily windows) . And fast good!

====

earlier post

Curious if we have anyone here intersted in joining a Valentines Day challenge.

Just over 4 weeks to go

Thoughts.

Happy to run it if nobody wants to put there hand up. I got a few people through on their Christmas challenges but did notice some extraordinarily challenging goals people set themselves.

How about it ?

cheers

Juliana
I have an idea already..

how about, regardless of where you are in your weight loss journey, how about we set a general challenge... who can lose 1kg Trend weight in the 4 weeks leading to Feb 14.

For trend weight you to do a simple average weight over 3 days. (or use something like fitness pal or libra to get trend weight)

track your average weght.. - this is deliberate for us to think not about ups and downs that always happen through a week.

bit radically different but what the heck.. im all into radical things.
Hi @Juliana.rivers
This sounds like a great idea - gives us a chance to set a realistic goal!
Count me in - my goal is to lose the 1kg by Feb 14th - and the challenge will keep me honest!
Thank you for starting this :like:
cheers
MerryMelb wrote: Hi @Juliana.rivers
This sounds like a great idea - gives us a chance to set a realistic goal!
Count me in - my goal is to lose the 1kg by Feb 14th - and the challenge will keep me honest!
Thank you for starting this :like:
cheers

Excellent @MerryMelb... thats my goal too so you will be number 2 in the challenge.

1kg in 4 weeks should be doable.

Report back weekly if you can ..
Excellent idea thanks @Juliana.Rivers. - I'm in - 1kg for me as well please.

Since the last challenge a few weeks ago - I've lost a little of my mojo. I need it back.

Cheers
Maggie :smile:
Maggiee wrote: Excellent idea thanks @Juliana.Rivers. - I'm in - 1kg for me as well please.

Since the last challenge a few weeks ago - I've lost a little of my mojo. I need it back.

Cheers
Maggie :smile:

Thanks @Maggiee you are challenger number 3!
yippee.. leds release/shed/lose that kilo! I can do it! and you can do it too.

now how did i end up running another challenge when i haven't even collated the Christmas figures yet...... DONT ANSWER THAT!
I'm not really into challenges and this will be the first one I have taken part in but sign me up please, Juliana. I will aim to lose at least 1kg by Valentines Day.
StowgateResident wrote: I'm not really into challenges and this will be the first one I have taken part in but sign me up please, Juliana. I will aim to lose at least 1kg by Valentines Day.

That's fantastic @StowgateResident Yeah Im a little wary of challenges but i have seen so many delighted people over the years in this forum particularly in December 2013 when I ran the first Christmas challeng that the challenge concept can be very worthwhile.

given the length of time the 1kg challenge is a bit kwirky and yes I know, if somone is just into starting 5:2 they will kill it with the initial loss of water weight but no problem.. Let them feel confident of winning their first challenge.. I know for some of us "oldies" at it, a 1kg loss of trend weight is a big thing.. just inching 100grams can be a challenge

You are officially number 4. - what are your current fasting methods or eating habits you wish to pursue?
I'll join. I love a challenge :grin:
BeautyNovice wrote: I'll join. I love a challenge :grin:

Welcome aboard @BeautyNovice! You are challenger number 5
OK. Count me in too! 5-6 weeks into the weight loss is the time I start to cheat so this may keep me on track. Not sure I understand the Trend weight as I only weigh in once a week but as long as the tracker says I am a kilo lighter than I am now I will be happy at least.

Silverslimmer
Thank you @Juliana.Rivers - I'm in! This fits perfectly with my post-Xmas disaster-recovery plan. Unfortunately the scale of the disaster requires rather more than a kilo loss(!) I've already dropped the easiest couple of pounds through a fastday & resuming sensible eating. Today's weight is 11st 4.5 and the aim is to be back to 10st 13.5 by Valentines - just over 2kg to go.
I have my own Excel tracker but I go by 'today's weight'. I've found that if I can get to a weight then I can get back to it and I'm completely certain I could get back under 11st by Valentines - adding a Challenge target will be a great additional encouragement.
Let me know what I have to do,it's a great incentive,I am still learning about the forum.
I'm in. I do hope to lose more than that, but I definitely need to lose at least that much!
I don't typically weigh daily, but I can just use my weights from the last 3 days and take the average??
Thank you!
Thank you for the welcome,@Juliana.Rivers! My starting weight on Monday, 11th January is 145.7 pounds, having fasted on Sunday and dropped from 149 pounds! I will be doing 'straight' 5:2 but with more careful eating on my non-fast days to ensure that I am not over-indulging too much!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 Next
132 posts Page 1 of 9