The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

132 posts Page 6 of 9
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Noodle wrote: My (slow) progress so far:
14th Jan - 10.1.8
21st Jan - 10.1.1
28th Jan - 10.0.7

So a loss of 1lb 1oz which is about half way to goal. With just over two weeks to go hopefully I'll get there. Thanks for this challenge @Juliana.Rivers. It is definitely keeping me focussed :grin:

Keep going strong @Noodle. You can do it!
SammyIAm wrote: Sorry for the delay in posting. My weigh-in was Wednesday. I've had a rough couple of weeks. I ate out way too much and consumed too much candy. I've since had to stash my candy in my storage unit so I don't eat anymore :-/

SW: 144 lbs
1/6/16: 143.4 (trending 144.2)
1/13/16: 142.8 (trending 142.8)
1/20/16: 141.8 (trending 141.7)
1/27/16: 144.0 (trending 142.1)

:( :( :(

I have since gone down. Today I was at a number I've never seen...139.6! But I'm sure that's temporary as I burned 1,000 calories last night with back-to-back cycling classes. I'm sure I'm just dehydrated. But there's hope for next week! Especially since I booked a trip to Miami in 3 weeks for my birthday. I'm super motivated to drop a couple more pounds before then! Great job to the rest of you!

@SammyIAm 12 days to go.. Lucky you.. Miami.
fancyacuppa wrote: 800g gone already! That's not based on trend weight though, but encouraging all the same. I've been cutting back a bit on drinking at the weekends which I think has helped, alongside the regular 5:2. Fingers crossed that things continue this way!

800g even if not trend weight... is still darn good! 12 days to go. keep going @fancyacuppa
cblasz wrote: I'll be checking in on Monday, hopefully with good news. But I just wanted to say that because of this challenge I decided to try the Libra app and while I find the information interesting, I have to say I find it nerve wracking to weigh in every day! I'm going to keep doing it for the challenge, but I may stop after, we'll see!

Good to see you discover Libra @cblasz... Libra is good.. I hate when the trend line is going in the wrong direction though ! there is something about trend weight.. the smoothing of the actuals really tells you whats happening.
BeautyNovice wrote:
BeautyNovice wrote: Sunday weigh in, my trend weight on Libra is 171.0 pounds. That's an additional trend loss of 1.7 pounds, for a total of 2.4. It was a rough week, but the trend seems to continue to move in the right direction, which is encouraging.

I made the 1kg trend loss last Sunday. Keeping it going!

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING THERE SO SOON! Well done and keep going.. you are very inspiring @BeautyNovice
Lizbean wrote: Hi Juliana - I'm cruising within my maintenance range, keeping one eye out for signs of complacency. :wink:
Good luck everyone, in this last 2 week romp past the post. :victory:

Well done to you @Lizbeanfor staying within your maintenance range. An inspiration to all of us that we can reach ultimate goal and stay there. I love this WOL.
pamie123 wrote: weight 14th jan 83kg. now 82kg. Really struggling at the moment. Sweet tooth seems to be out of control will have to have a stern talk to myself. The last couple of fast days I have had to abandon because by mid morning I feel really sick I think my blood sugar is too low. Does anyone else have this problem.

@Pamie123... congratulations on 1kg loss on actual weight!!!! Shall I say you have reached goal?

not good to hear though you aren't feeling well on fast days. Hope your next fast days are better.
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
cblasz wrote: I'll be checking in on Monday, hopefully with good news. But I just wanted to say that because of this challenge I decided to try the Libra app and while I find the information interesting, I have to say I find it nerve wracking to weigh in every day! I'm going to keep doing it for the challenge, but I may stop after, we'll see!

Good to see you discover Libra @cblasz... Libra is good.. I hate when the trend line is going in the wrong direction though ! there is something about trend weight.. the smoothing of the actuals really tells you whats happening.

Yes, I'm starting to get used to it. It just takes a little time to accept that even though the scale is down today it might not be on Monday. But, the trend is going the right way now and I like how I can compare each day to the same day the week before. And if I do all of that, I can see that I am definitely going down now! Thank you for the motivation to check it out. (I love apps too, so it's fun!)
Hi, Juliana.Rivers, member number4 reporting in. My average for this week was 143.03 pounds, so showing a small loss but a loss never the less! :smile: Highest weight of the week was 143.9 pounds, lowest was 142.1, so I think that I am doing OK!
Compared to start of the Valentines Challenge :
Scales: was 11.4.5 - now 11.0.5 (4lbs down)
3 day ave: was 11.5.75 - now 11.1.25 (4.5lbs down)

4.4 lbs = 1kg, so I'm close to 2 kilos down and on track for under 11 stone before I go on holiday on 18th!

I'm giving the fasting a break for the rest of this week, then I'll have a big push next week to be sure to make my Valentines' Challenge & pre-holiday svelteness target!
cblasz wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:

Yes, I'm starting to get used to it. It just takes a little time to accept that even though the scale is down today it might not be on Monday. But, the trend is going the right way now and I like how I can compare each day to the same day the week before. And if I do all of that, I can see that I am definitely going down now! Thank you for the motivation to check it out. (I love apps too, so it's fun!)

great news!
WarriorPrincess wrote: Compared to start of the Valentines Challenge :
Scales: was 11.4.5 - now 11.0.5 (4lbs down)
3 day ave: was 11.5.75 - now 11.1.25 (4.5lbs down)

4.4 lbs = 1kg, so I'm close to 2 kilos down and on track for under 11 stone before I go on holiday on 18th!

I'm giving the fasting a break for the rest of this week, then I'll have a big push next week to be sure to make my Valentines' Challenge & pre-holiday svelteness target!

Fabulous results there @WarriorPrincess

It is interesting that you decision to break from fasting for rest of week is done for better suceess by end of next week. Is that a metabolism thing you are doing?
So far it's been an - ahem - "interesting" start to the year weight wise.

I finally got my period for one thing, in fact the first this year >.>. TMI maybe, but I've never missed or so much as had an irregular ToM before, and I've had a few of them. I guess with a busy seasonal period at work, transversing to a 2-3 weeks of being sick on top of stepping up exercise my body freaked out? I have no real explanation for it, but am relieved all the same (not that I or any other girl enjoys the process, but you know :p It's a "healthy" sign your body is functioning as a female body of a certain age should, want for children or not...).

As such I've had to contend with being constantly bloated for, well, over a month? Both from increased exercise and that ToTM which never came. The scale hasn't moved past showing a slight weight gain, so for now I've resolved to weigh myself in a week and get on with other things. I'll admit my eating/ logging isn't the best, but 1) fast weight loss isn't so much of an issue as I just have 2-3 ibs to go (I'll gladly take a pound or so a month or whatever. Honestly I personally couldn't keep up with logging for the rest of my life) 2) I'm sticking with ADF (health reasons, and I enjoy practising it), so whatever I do it'd have to be impressive to actually gain weight over a longer period of time.

Even with that said, I know I'm losing. My infamously awful upper thighs are looking a little less terrible these days. Guess I'm just waiting it out to get these last couple of pounds off, but I'm fine with waiting it out.

Anyway, best of luck everyone!
Weigh-in time

SW: 144 lbs
1/6/16: 143.4 (trending 144.2)
1/13/16: 142.8 (trending 142.8)
1/20/16: 141.8 (trending 141.7)
1/27/16: 144.0 (trending 142.1)
2/3/16: 141.8 (trending 141.1)

Things are looking up! Looks like the bloat I got from my candy binge went away. But now the TOTM bloat is here. Ugh. I was still 139.6 on Monday, but have since gone up. I'm crossing my fingers that a big chunk of that is just due to the bloat this week. So I'm expecting a nice weigh-in next week so long as I continue to behave :lol:
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
WarriorPrincess wrote: I'm giving the fasting a break for the rest of this week, then I'll have a big push next week to be sure to make my Valentines' Challenge & pre-holiday svelteness target!

It is interesting that you decision to break from fasting for rest of week is done for better suceess by end of next week. Is that a metabolism thing you are doing?

Nothing so clever as metabolism! I had 3 fastdays in each of the last 2 weeks, (max 1800 cals on the other days) - this has got the weight going in the right direction very successfully, but I generally fast on Sundays & whatever day of the week I work from home. This week I'm only working from home on Monday so - as I'm a wuss & don't do back to back fasts - there was only one easy day for a fast ... so i'm only doing one! Next week will be Sun, Tues & Saturday - which should get me to target by Feb 14th.
Hopefully!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
132 posts Page 6 of 9