The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

158 posts Page 1 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 Next
PROGRESS TRACKER!
25 Jan 2013, 10:02
Well, hopefully we've done enough testing on the progress tracker and have found & fixed the majority of blips & bugs :)

The tracker is now live for use by all members!

The link can be found on the 'user menu' to the left, though I may add it to the top grey bar too.

If you find any bugs or typos please let me know and I'll do my best to fix them :)

Enjoy!

PS: in conjunction with the launch of the tracker I will be removing a few of the profile fields - start date, weight loss etc in favour of it being displayed directly from the tracker data (if selected in your tracker settings).

----------------------------
UPDATE: 8th February 2013

Actually there have been updates prior to this as mentioned in this topic, generally to the forum stats page.

Todays update however pertains to users who prefer Imperial measurements. I've made some adjustments today to allow for 'decimal pounds' - that is to say, you can now enter your loss in terms of points of pounds, eg, 0.5 lbs, 1.3 lbs and so on.

Hopefully I've got it all working right but please do let me know if you encounter any oddities! There's only so much testing I can do :)

----------------------------
UPDATE: 28th January 2013

Please note that a small blip has been noted with the tracker for some users trying to get their stats to display beneath their name/avatar on their posts. If you have selected to display these but they are not showing up, you probably joined after the tracker went live (10am Jan 25th) and before tonight (10.30pm Jan 28th). Long story short, it's to do with my having removed the old profile fields (as noted above) and it means I have had to add a new field to ensure the forum system preps your account to display the data.
There is now a 'gender' field on your profile options (see your user control panel), which you will need to complete (there is an option not to specify) before your tracker data shows up. Once you've completed the gender field, please go back to your tracker and this should cause the stats to update onto your profile.

All new members from tonight will be presened with this field on registration and will therefore avoid the tracker display bug (I think!).

Note - It didn't have to be gender, I could have added any field... but it's late and it's the only thing that came to mind which everyone would have an answer for!
Re: PROGRESS TRACKER!
25 Jan 2013, 10:12
Hi Moogie

I've had a go and my waist comes out at 5'89 instead of 38 inches! Was it something I did?! :lol:
25 Jan 2013, 10:17
Oh pants, I thought I had all that sorted. Hang on, I'll disable it for a mo while I fix it :)

Just to check - did you select to use metric or imperial for your measurements?
25 Jan 2013, 10:20
Imperial. Maybe it was me. I think I even managed to put in wrong first weight so delete mine if you can!
25 Jan 2013, 10:23
Ha ha . Mine congratulated me in losing 175 lbs since I was born. Think something I did wrong considering I only started yesterday .... ;) Think I've fixed it now :)
25 Jan 2013, 10:26
Okay, should have fixed that, no wonder it didn't get spotted in testing as the waist size was an addition and no-one had to sign-up after it was added... until now! Should have thought of that ;) I probably only tested it in metric.

I'll delete yours Jo so you can start again, as that's what you've asked for.

Sheilygee - is it working alright now for sure?
25 Jan 2013, 10:27
Thanks Moogie, I'll try again later
25 Jan 2013, 10:28
Thanks Jo, and sorry about that. There's always something overlooked ;) Hopefully there won't be many problems and folks will find the tracker useful & interesting :)
25 Jan 2013, 10:36
Many thanks for all your hard work, Moogie.

I've had another go and all looks fine.

Only feedback - it still flashes up what you have lost in kilos when you enter your new data (if you have selected imperial - I think! Might have imagined that?)

I notice it doesn't accept half pounds (I only lost half a pound this week!) but can cope with that. :)
25 Jan 2013, 10:50
The data is all stored in metric for data consistency and ease of calculations - hence it tells you when you've added data just what that data has been converted to :)

I can look at allowing half lbs, I guess I just assumed anyone being that specific would be weighing in kg, I don't think I've ever had scales which tell me ounces? If there's a demand for 'decimal pounds' (eg 0.25,0.5 etc) then I'm sure it won't be too much hassle to add :)
25 Jan 2013, 10:53
Think mine is okay now. Thanks :)
25 Jan 2013, 10:57
I think it's fine as it is. My scales go up in increments of .2 so really I just lost .4 this week!

I'm more interested in monthly weight loss so it's not a problem.

I understand about keeping a running total in kilos.

Kilos still don't mean that much to me, in terms of my weight, even though I know I should really switch to metric.

Thanks again for all your efforts.
25 Jan 2013, 11:02
I think I've always done kilos because my dad is Dutch and he always works in kilos - as a teenager he told me that in the Netherlands they say your weight in kilos should be around your height in cm, less 100. Eg, if you're 1.65m tall you should be around 65kg in weight. I've found this quite true for myself at least, and that tends to be the sort of weight I can realistically maintain if I don't go on a wild eating bender ;) Just got to get back down to it now!
25 Jan 2013, 11:15
Good thing. I like all the stats!
25 Jan 2013, 11:47
Thanks Moogie! You're a star! If you wish You could add my waist when I started(again)the 7thJan. It was 95cm. Xxxxxx
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 Next
158 posts Page 1 of 11