The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

158 posts Page 4 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11 Next
Re: PROGRESS TRACKER!
26 Jan 2013, 22:29
Thanks Ursula, really glad everyone seems to be enjoying the tracker :) Glad your first fast went well and hope your next is even better!
27 Jan 2013, 06:49
Moogie, in case you missed my request above: the ability to filter the average results is really cool, but could you get this to update the pie charts? They only seem to be calculated on the overall aggregate data, not the filtered data. Thanks for all your work!
27 Jan 2013, 08:28
I love the progress tracker thanks Moogie. Can you please tell me how to add my location?
27 Jan 2013, 09:31
dominic wrote: Moogie, in case you missed my request above: the ability to filter the average results is really cool, but could you get this to update the pie charts? They only seem to be calculated on the overall aggregate data, not the filtered data. Thanks for all your work!

Sorry, I didn't see your request before. I'll see what I can do when time allows.
27 Jan 2013, 09:32
Mullumgirl wrote: I love the progress tracker thanks Moogie. Can you please tell me how to add my location?

Your location can be set via the user control panel, it's under profile settings IIRC.
27 Jan 2013, 15:14
Dominic - can you take a look through this please and see if it all seems to work/tally as you'd expect? Was a bit of a headache getting all the filtering in place for the pie charts but I think I've got it how you wanted it :D

tracker.php?p=statstest
27 Jan 2013, 16:51
Hi Moogie

I think the progress tracker is amazing! There is one thing that I thought could be useful at some stage, if it's possible. That would be to have a graph like the one we get for our individual weight/waist size but for the forum as a whole. That is to say, week 1,2,3 etc along the bottom and weight/waist up the side. It would be interesting to see whether the weight loss levels out with time and how long this takes. Of course until we have plenty of people who have been following it for a while, it won't be that useful, but maybe you could bear it in mind for a future update?
27 Jan 2013, 17:25
That'll be a fun one to ponder on, thanks for the suggestion Caroline :) I'm sure it's possible, it's just a case of me planning out how best to organise the data for that one. Ideas are starting to whirl around the old grey matter so time to start scribbling some notes!

Are you thinking the chart should display a line for each member, all overlaid on the chart with a timescale in weeks along the bottom, or a line showing the average for each week? It could be a bit much plotting *all* the users on the graph (as it stands we'd have close to 100 lines!) but I'm not sure if averaging each week's loss will show quite what you want to see?
27 Jan 2013, 17:28
Moogie wrote: Dominic - can you take a look through this please and see if it all seems to work/tally as you'd expect? Was a bit of a headache getting all the filtering in place for the pie charts but I think I've got it how you wanted it :D

tracker.php?p=statstest

yes that is great Moogie thank you, I think this should be the default, means we can all drill down into the data a bit (which continues to build impressively...)
27 Jan 2013, 17:32
Well, if it all seems to be working properly (phew!) I'll make a backup of the current version and make this the default! Thanks for having a look :)
27 Jan 2013, 18:01
Moogie wrote: That'll be a fun one to ponder on, thanks for the suggestion Caroline :) I'm sure it's possible, it's just a case of me planning out how best to organise the data for that one. Ideas are starting to whirl around the old grey matter so time to start scribbling some notes!

Are you thinking the chart should display a line for each member, all overlaid on the chart with a timescale in weeks along the bottom, or a line showing the average for each week? It could be a bit much plotting *all* the users on the graph (as it stands we'd have close to 100 lines!) but I'm not sure if averaging each week's loss will show quite what you want to see?

What I'm thinking is that we take each member's weight loss after their first week of doing 5:2, average it and make that the first data point, then the same for week 2 etc. so we get a single line representing the weekly weight loss from starting the diet. Am I making sense? I would expect to see a fairly rapid decline followed by gradual levelling off.
28 Jan 2013, 13:46
Is the progress Tracker accepting direct registrations yet? I've tried to regsiter a couple of times but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Cheers

Rob
28 Jan 2013, 14:02
It should let you in once you've activated your progress tracker account - have you gone through the progress tracker activation - entering your weight, height, age etc? I can't find any data of yours in the database so it doesn't look like you've actually signed up for it yet.

Or, did you try and it gave you an error message? If so, let me know what message it gave you and I'll try to sort out the problem. Around 120 or so members are already using it :)
28 Jan 2013, 14:09
Ah ha - it was I hadn't specified a day in the start date. All sorted now.

Cheers

Rob
28 Jan 2013, 17:03
I also managed to mess up my starting stats by trying to put in 1/2 lb so it added 65lb to my starting weight. I have sent you a PM about it
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11 Next
158 posts Page 4 of 11