The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

158 posts Page 2 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 Next
Re: PROGRESS TRACKER!
25 Jan 2013, 11:53
It says I lost 1.1kg on the left. Then when you go on my progress chart it is 1.5kg.Xx from 69 to 67.5kg X
25 Jan 2013, 12:02
On the left of what? You mean the one under your avatar? It says 1.5kg loss for you there.

I'll add in your starting waist now :)
25 Jan 2013, 12:14
That's amazing! I've never seen this on a forum before, think I will find it very inspiring. Just one thing, if you decide not to put in a goal weight it obviously sets your goal weight as 0 and gives you a message that you only have your entire weight to lose till you get to goal.
25 Jan 2013, 12:27
Thanks for spotting that Jol - I built it pretty quickly so there are bound to be a few silly tweaks I need to make ;)
25 Jan 2013, 12:29
That should now be fixed :)
25 Jan 2013, 13:26
Yep it was under the avatar (soz should have said). Yes it's written 1.5kg now, dunno what happened. Thanks for everything :)...hope I don't sound stroppy when I point out things. ;)
25 Jan 2013, 14:36
Not at all my dear :) I know it's not a complaint when a bug is found!

The stats under your avatar get updated when you view your main tracker page or when you change your stats display settings, just so you know. I think it mentions that when you add new stats.
25 Jan 2013, 14:58
Just been checking out the features in the progress tracker and I'm loving it! I love that you can find out the average weight loss for people of the same gender, age, weight etc. The bar chart is really cool too 8-) . I love that between us all we have lost 85 kg of weight :shock: !!!

Looking forward to seeing how the stats progress as we get more people entering their data. I'm sure Dr Mosley would be interested. So far, we seem on average to be losing about 1lb a week which is what was predicted in the book :D
25 Jan 2013, 15:23
Really glad you like it so much :) I'm sure there is more that could be added, but there's nothing to stop me redeveloping it at a later stage. 85kg lost between all the tracker users so far, wow - that's about as much as I weighed when I started 5:2!

I gather Dr. M is on holiday for a while, according to his twitter - but perhaps when he gets back he'll sign up and take a look. Maybe Mimi would be interested too!
25 Jan 2013, 15:43
Let's tweet them about it once we've got a few more signed up. Would be good to get some longer term data.
25 Jan 2013, 16:11
I've just added some data to my progress tracker. I like it but I'd rather that the graph had a consistent fixed scale along the time axis. The current system only really works if you have complete data with regular check-ins, which isn't the case for me before this month as I hadn't been keeping records. I just scraped together a few data points from when I've talked about my diet on forums and social media.
25 Jan 2013, 17:02
I'll have to try to learn a bit more about the settings on the graphing tool to suss out how to do that. I tried before and it just came out with the Unix timestamps for the weigh ins rather than displaying the actual time points, which of course would render it mostly meaningless to most users! Will see what I can do :) Similarly I'm not sure how it's going to handle having loads and loads of data, though I'm sure it's designed to cope somehow!
25 Jan 2013, 17:48
I've done some experimenting on some of the example graphs and have come up with this:
tracker.php?p=graphtest

Any better? :)

I'll try to find time to apply these changes to the current progress graphs later on tonight.
25 Jan 2013, 18:04
The progress tracker is really cool 8-) well done.
25 Jan 2013, 22:28
Think I've got the progress graphs working with a better date/time scale at the bottom, so am about to update the charts code now.

If anyone notices any problems please let me know!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 Next
158 posts Page 2 of 11